Author Topic: Re-enabling the punishment messages.  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Nikos

• The Helper & Bikers Leader
  • Honorable
  • Perfected noob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Nikos
  • Squad: NoodleLovers
Re-enabling the punishment messages.
« on: 01 10, 2019, 01:24:13 pm »
Well gonna be as succinct as possible. I am simply suggesting to bring back the punishment messages in the chat. They will appear like before every time a player gets punished.
Some of you may ask why we need this back? Well we actually don't, players can already see their punishments, groups can ask for the player's punish-log, and group leaders can see their members punishments already. I just think the messages were removed along with the punishlog due to the stress they caused. They actually don't cause any. Players love such messages because they are shiny and they bring attention. I am not gonna hide behind my finger and say that people don't love a bit drama, everybody does, especially if the drama is a bit minor like the one this messages will bring. People used to discuss the player's punishment and they were all smsing each other and went like "omfg dude what happened?". Please bring this back, it's so fun.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Offline 3bood

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Re-enabling the punishment messages.
« Reply #1 on: 01 10, 2019, 01:28:08 pm »
Yes why not since /punishlog is added back, if someone makes fun of other people punishments, then they can get punished by staff. Upvoting.

Online ViVa

• New Community Member
  • I'm in touch with humanity
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
  • Ingame: [B13]ViVa
  • Squad: OldSchool
« Reply #2 on: 01 10, 2019, 02:23:31 pm »
Well it is good idea but maybe add a system on group system for check group players punishlog (only leaders can check for it) or you can do like when a player getting punish you can see it from group chat. The other way example make a system that when a group or squad member getting punish system will automatically give him/her warning on group. But positive because it is usefull for group leaderrs

Offline Nikos

• Honorable
  • Perfected noob
« Reply #3 on: 01 10, 2019, 03:05:55 pm »
Well it is good idea but maybe add a system on group system for check group players punishlog (only leaders can check for it) or you can do like when a player getting punish you can see it from group chat. The other way example make a system that when a group or squad member getting punish system will automatically give him/her warning on group. But positive because it is usefull for group leaderrs
There is no reason to do that imo.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Offline Jonio

• 5th Leader
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5thStreetSaints
  • Squad: Anti_Cops
« Reply #4 on: 01 10, 2019, 03:10:19 pm »
Another way to spread toxicity over chats?
Players love such messages because they are shiny and they bring attention.
How is it very useful to any of you seeing players punishment lines? If you love seeing players getting punished then it's an issue you should solve yourself.

Offline Nikos

• Honorable
  • Perfected noob
« Reply #5 on: 01 10, 2019, 03:18:10 pm »
Never said it's useful. It never was. All I said its fun.

Offline SugarRush

• Loli Demon
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: SugarRush
  • Squad: DriftWorkers
« Reply #6 on: 01 10, 2019, 03:31:06 pm »
Since someone brought up to see the /punishlogs and it got accepted which is a lot of people likes to see their own punishment, so why not add this one then? Enabling punishments is somewhat everyone can see who was that person who just got punished. Doesn't mean we are gonna laugh at someone, but probably someone will do. But reminder also, if you make fun of someone especially in teamchat/main chat; you'll get punishment also. Keep that in mind. Since it was brought up by someone, then this one should be. I am voting Positive to bring this one up; this is like back in 2010-2012 when I was around, we are able to see the punishments in the Main Chat (Correct me if I am wrong) it's available for everyone to see it.

Dude, the guy that suggested to get back/punishlog suggested this firstly and then changed it cuz he saw that it haves negative votes, sorry but negative again
I mean why not? since /punishlog was brought up again which was a lot of people didn't like it, I could be wrong though. but seeing their own punishment is their own motive to see it, not us.

Just a /setting about it to disable seeing punishments messages in chat or enable it and we good. +
I'm with you with this one, to be able to do it in settings for [preferences]. Disabled or Enabled is the option, but needs to be voted by majority of the players, though.
L3. SugarRush and L3. Quartz resigned. (25.08.2020 Rami)

Offline Cerberus

• Honorable
  • Punishment Appeal Manager
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Cerberus
« Reply #7 on: 01 10, 2019, 03:32:54 pm »
I don't see any reason of keeping it private, it's not as if it's revealing any sensitive information. Perhaps, the public shaming might convince people to think twice before rule breaking?

Also, let's be honest, we all love a bit of banter in FMSG towards the player who gets punished.

A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but its persistence.

Offline Shane

• Regular Community Member
  • I'm not gonna fall.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Shane
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #8 on: 01 10, 2019, 03:42:46 pm »
Another way to spread toxicity over chats?
Also , this is a way to let people get punished specially the newbies. so I don't think it's very usefull to be re-added again. and the last suggest about the /punishlog , they accepted it because they said it'll not be like the old system. only you can see your own punishments. Negative.
(GROUP NOTE) MJR-Amr*APO: Shane is the lowest rank ever to hold X-A-M. Good job!

Offline Nikos

• Honorable
  • Perfected noob
« Reply #9 on: 01 10, 2019, 03:56:00 pm »
It brings some more attention to the rule system. And its a bit fun.

Offline Mazenolla

• Ingame: Mazenolla
« Reply #10 on: 01 10, 2019, 04:10:31 pm »
"its a bit fun." I was actually gonna write the same thing when I saw this post. We used to see punishments it was really cool plus we had an idea of whats punishable and whats not in particular, this is similar to people who enable support chat, they just see stuff and might find something new they didn't know about. Plus, its a bit fun.  :tick:
“You clearly don’t know who you’re talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!”

Offline CarvajaL

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #11 on: 01 10, 2019, 04:19:23 pm »
I suggested this in my " adding /punishlog command" suggestion. They didnt agree with me and I got a lot of negative votes. I still want to adding the punishment messages in chatbox. They scared to getting punishments and the rulebreakers will shame. If they dont want to be shy, they can follow rules. Positive  :tick:
Who is last one ?

Offline CJGIANNHS

• DoMinos_Family Founder
  • League Of Duels Hoster
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: DoM|CJGIANNHS
  • Squad: DoMinos_Squad
« Reply #12 on: 01 10, 2019, 05:45:44 pm »
I think its a good idea  :tick:
  • My Introduction
  • Proud DSG Founder!
  • Proud DoM L13 Father!
  • Proud Trojans Founder!

Offline Nikos

• Honorable
  • Perfected noob
« Reply #13 on: 01 10, 2019, 08:10:12 pm »
It's not really about getting "shamed". It's just good looking and fun. It also bring attention to the rule system and maybe it can even decrease the punishment total count.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #14 on: 01 10, 2019, 09:16:27 pm »
Added as a preference so the players can decide.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.