Author Topic: [Danzy] Redesigning ATM Rob  (Read 941 times)

Offline Private

• Translator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Vexatious
  • Ingame: Private
  • Squad: Businesses
[Danzy] Redesigning ATM Rob
« on: 23 09, 2022, 07:47:57 pm »
PLEASE READ FULL SUGGESTION BEFORE VOTING POSITIVE/NEGATIVE TO FULLY UNDERSTAND IT!!

Hello everyone
My previous suggestion didin't go well, but the suggestion I have now is really epic and I'm pretty sure you will like it.

Suggestion Summary Changing current ATM Rob

Suggestion Explained Criminals enter the ATM marker and type "N" as it is now. To perform the robbery, it is required they have 5 amount of explosives on their inventory and atleast $2000 on their hands, so they are able to place the auto satchel - bomb with that money. If the requirements are met, the bomb - satchel will be placed and 1 minute of survival will have to be passed in order for the rob to be sucessful. There will be a timer on the bottom right of their screen, indicating how much time is left. During this 1 minute, the criminal(s) will have to defend himself/themselves from upcoming cops. If cop(s) kill(s) the criminal(s), they will get wanted level money + money from preventing the criminal(s) from robbing the ATM, just like it is on store robbery. After the 1 minute passes, the auto satchel - bomb will explode. If the crim(s) is/are too near to the ATM, the explosion will affect them and die. For the condition a cop kills the wanted criminal, he will have to deactivate the satchel-bomb on time in order to get extra money for deactivating the bomb. (he will get WL money for just killing the criminal). The picture below indicates the red area in which criminals shouldn't be when the bomb explodes, and the blue arrow the place where auto satchel will be placed by the system.

Why it should be added? For those of you who wonder why my suggestion should be implemented to the game, read below. It might seem a bit detailed and complicated compared to the current ATM rob system, but I'm sure my system is much better than the current one. Basically the current one is so bad almost no one plays it. Also, the way you rob the ATM is really poorly made. For those of you who don't know how the current one works, I will briefly explain. You walk to the marker as a criminal, press N. Then on the tab that appears you choose how difficult you want it to be, obviously the higher the difficulty the better rewards you get. Even though that seems good, in fact it is really bad. During my 5 years of active CIT presence, I've rarely see someone robbing an ATM. I've done it only for the relevant achievement on /achievements, not because it's fun/good or anything like that. Not to mention the current script system is really old, unchanged atleast for 7 years. My proof is this video . So many things have changed on CIT these years, except that..

I believe this ATM rob system will be more playable, also will increase the activity of both sides, thus will be more competitive than they are now. Criminals will also be able to rob ATMs together, like on store robberies, but that isn't possible on the system we have now. For example, x criminal places the satchel, then y criminal comes, he places his satchel and goes on. A limit though based on how many criminals can rob the ATM should be added tho, to avoid FPS drops - too many bomb explosions. I think 10 criminals is a good limit. This suggestion covers also civilians, indirectly though, since many people will buy the required amount of explosives from the market instead of making them themselves. All sides will have advantage.

How rewards will be formed? That's a really good question. Obviously, it can't be the same as it is now as it will be more difficult to complete the robbery. Criminals will have to defend themselves in order to achieve the rob. On the other hand cops will get a notification message on their screen that an ATM rob is taking place in X location, same way it works for store robs etc. So after a bit of thinking and discussing it with SaintJR we have come to the following conclusion

Sucessful ATM rob

For the criminals $15,000 without VIP & $17,000 with VIP. The cash amount might seem a lot to some of you, but let's not forget criminals will have to pay for the 5 explosives (if we stick to that as a community) and $2,000 for the satchel. There is 25% chance they get 20 hits of a drug (eg. steroids) instead of money. So the total income is balanced and criminals need to make some profit too. Also 680 RP (double the RP you get from store rob, because this one will be more difficult to survive) for a successful ATM rob.

For the cops WL money + $5,000 if they prevent criminal(s) from robbing the ATM and turn the bomb off on time. I don't know if +$5,000 is a lot, but I'm taking the condition the cop goes to activate the bomb but it explodes (1 minute has passed). A bit rare to happen, but it's possible and that's going to make things spicy!

NOTE: In no way the prices are definitive, me and SaintJR thought about them but we are pretty sure they're balanced for both sides. For example, $15,000 will be the reward for criminals without VIP. 5 explosives will cost them $2,000 IF they're sold let's say for max price of $400 per unit from F7. Also, $2,000 is satchel charge (remember, satchel will be placed automatically, you won't be able to use your own). So the rewards are good if you think all that.

Conclusion ATM rob needs to be changed. So many years have passed and it's the same. The problem isn't about the script being old, but it's really sketchy hence why almost no one plays it. I'm sure some of you don't even know you can rob ATMs!

SaintJR and I  are open to hear your thoughts. We thought about the suggestion pretty much together, so incase it gets added  please include both names on /updates tab. Thanks for reading my post  :love:

P.S Forgot to mention ATM rob will only work on LS ATMs as it is now.

« Last Edit: 01 11, 2022, 03:14:52 pm by Danzy »

Offline Blue.

• Community Event Manager
    YearsYears
  • Group: TR
  • Ingame: Blue
  • Squad: CCC
Re: Redesigning ATM Rob
« Reply #1 on: 23 09, 2022, 07:57:23 pm »
Sound entertaining and rewarding as well to me. Positive.
Community Event Manager
Guide & Honorable
Ex. Group Level Manager
Ex. CIT News Administrator & Honorable
Ex. State Official
Ex. Arabic Translator
Senior Community Member

Offline Mask

• The ReNeGaDeS Leader
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYears
  • Group: The ReNeGaDeS
« Reply #2 on: 23 09, 2022, 08:07:03 pm »
Seriously, this system is still the same as it was 7 years ago? If so, of course it urgently needs a renovation, also the redesign that you grant is very detailed and understandable, I do not see anything against this new system, and the truth is that you are right, absolutely no one tries to steal an ATM, it is more I didn't even know there was an achievement like this lol, I would like to see more CnR activity in this ATM robbery thing, well, it's a good activity for criminals, but nobody does it for the points that I indicate private.  :tick:

Offline hyperlink

• Regular Community Member
  • أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: op
  • Squad: radiantz
« Reply #3 on: 23 09, 2022, 08:08:22 pm »
YES.  :tick:
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Offline nTLSkills

• Quality not Quantity
    Years
  • Group: Terror Company
  • Ingame: Skills
  • Squad: KRT
« Reply #4 on: 23 09, 2022, 08:31:15 pm »
 :tick: :tick:
Very nice idea in my oppinion

Offline Crash28

YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
« Reply #5 on: 23 09, 2022, 08:35:46 pm »
 Aka changing ATM robbery to store robbery but in the open instead of being in a building but since ATM robbery is dead im upvoting  :tick:
There are a few issues though, what if a criminal is already robbing an ATM and another criminal comes to rob it at the same time? Would thier satchels kill the other player if they are too close? And what would cops do if there are several satchels at the same ATM?
Also I think the 1 minute timer should be increased a little bit since cops have to kill the criminal AND de activate the bomb that would probably take more than 1 minute specially if there are multiple criminals robbing together
Also a random idea I got maybe make it so that only bomb disposal workers can de activate the bomb

Offline Private

• Translator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Vexatious
  • Ingame: Private
  • Squad: Businesses
« Reply #6 on: 23 09, 2022, 08:58:10 pm »
Aka changing ATM robbery to store robbery but in the open instead of being in a building but since ATM robbery is dead im upvoting  :tick:

Pretty much my suggestion summed up in 2 lines.

what if a criminal is already robbing an ATM and another criminal comes to rob it at the same time? Would thier satchels kill the other player if they are too close?

That's a pretty good question. To prevent that, we could add a small timer above each satchel. Or make it like the bariers on firefighter job. When they are close to be exploded, they will have a red warning text above. This way criminals will know when to avoid the satchels to avoid dying.

And what would cops do if there are several satchels at the same ATM?

In that case cops will have to deactivate first those satchels which have lots of time left. The satchels - bombs will have a text above them which will be either red color which will mean they are about to explode, orange it has 50% of the time passed, and white which is just planted. Or simply we can put a % above them. But I think the fun is on that thing, the cops will have to work as a team to deactivate the satchels which are about to explode  and not just focus on whichever they find near them so they avoid the explosions and survive.

Also I think the 1 minute timer should be increased a little bit since cops have to kill the criminal AND de activate the bomb that would probably take more than 1 minute specially if there are multiple criminals robbing together

I said 1 minute because the ATMs are in open space unlike store robberies. Which means cops can pass from the road which has an ATM being robbed and stop easily, even if their first intention wasn't to head there. It's like getting in their way, you know. Maybe you're right and we should increase it to 2 minutes, but I'm also thinking when law side is dead which is quite often nowadays, crims will have to wait too much and will probably avoid ATM robs and prefer store robs because of the time it takes.

Also a random idea I got maybe make it so that only bomb disposal workers can de activate the bomb
That's not a bad idea at all, this will make more people work as bomb disposals and make it active, unlike it is now.

Offline HardoN

• HardoN
    Years
  • Group: The_Purge
  • Ingame: The_Purge
  • Squad: The_Purge
« Reply #7 on: 24 09, 2022, 02:32:07 pm »
Yes It's Good :tick:
Police Officer

Offline DarkShad0w

• CIT Radio DJ
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: DarkShadow
  • Squad: Morises
« Reply #8 on: 24 09, 2022, 02:44:20 pm »
Seriously, this system is still the same as it was 7 years ago? If so, of course it urgently needs a renovation, also the redesign that you grant is very detailed and understandable, I do not see anything against this new system, and the truth is that you are right, absolutely no one tries to steal an ATM, it is more I didn't even know there was an achievement like this lol, I would like to see more CnR activity in this ATM robbery thing, well, it's a good activity for criminals, but nobody does it for the points that I indicate private.  :tick:
this explains everything ,  :tick:

July 18th: DarkShadow Added as a Arabic translator.
July 29th :DarkShadow added as  an Arabic Guide.

Offline CJGIANNHS

• DoMinos_Family Founder
  • Senior Community Member
  • League Of Duels Hoster
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: DoM|CJGIANNHS
  • Squad: DoMinos_Squad
« Reply #9 on: 24 09, 2022, 05:03:48 pm »
It is a very nice idea, totally supportive this  :tick:
  • My Introduction
  • Proud DSG Founder!
  • Proud DoM L13 Father!
  • Proud Trojans Founder!

Offline fl1cK

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: 24 09, 2022, 06:41:56 pm »
one of the best ideas so far  :tick: :tick:
African.

Offline Shanks'

• New Community Member
  • şey mi dostum
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Shanks’BOOM!
  • Squad: HSB
« Reply #11 on: 27 09, 2022, 03:14:42 pm »
Definitely some things have to change and he has to contribute to the server.  :tick:

Offline RuDz

• Life is music <3
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: RuDz
  • Squad: Hold_On
« Reply #12 on: 27 09, 2022, 03:15:44 pm »
I support this idea, Sounds good to me  :tick:
Ex. DJ
Ex. Guide
''Do not underestimate my awareness of my surroundings, as I have already observed everything well in advance.
Real eyes, Realize, Real lies.,,

Offline Conroy

YearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Conroy
« Reply #13 on: 27 09, 2022, 04:29:10 pm »
Yeah it's a great idea, I'm supporting it  :tick:
"The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Dokt0R

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: 29 09, 2022, 10:29:33 pm »
yEp.  :tick: