Author Topic: How we can help end this pandemic  (Read 7982 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
How we can help end this pandemic
« on: 24 03, 2020, 10:45:34 am »
There is actually something we can all do to help end this pandemic so y'all can go back to doing whatever you were doing before the player count doubled because of the various lockdowns and school closures around the world because of this virus. It was actually something we had a community competition for before a very long time ago. Folding at home. Look at the project my PC is contributing to:

Just download, install and run this:

https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/

Then you can feel like you're actually doing something to help which is more important than the computations because it will positively influence your health and the collective consciousness.

Also you can join the old CIT team that was set-up back when we first had the competition. When folding at home is running, right click on it's icon at the bottom right of your screen, click "advanced control", click "configure" at the top right, click the "identity" tab, you can put a name (which shows up here) and in team box put: 224321 then click save.
« Last Edit: 24 03, 2020, 10:48:47 am by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline JaMaW

• The Professional & DT Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • #PositiveCIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: Jamaw
  • Squad: 404!
Re: How we can help end this pandemic
« Reply #1 on: 24 03, 2020, 11:16:57 am »
Giveaway For Players Who Help Improve the World

Current Prize is 75'000'000$

Folding@Home? What is it?

Folding@Home is a protein simulation platform that runs a simulation on Scientific researches for people around the world. The goal of this initiative is to facilitate the work of researchers by providing better and free computing power to help faster analysis of data. This provides 2 benefits to the planet, one which is pretty obvious and the other which is more subtle.
  • Boosting Scientific discoveries and making our population ready to deal with situations that are similar to the current one, where need for fast response on medicine to deal with the pandemic becomes more important day after day.
  • Saving our planet: On average a normal computer user consumes 15 to 45% of the capacity of his CPU, GPU and other components on a daily basis. This number is even more flagrant on worldwide hosting services or data centers as some of them have systems running at below 10% of there capacity and sitting Idle. The consumption of electricity and power created by those devices is equivalent to some of the biggest factories in the world. And those devices can't be shut down or used more efficiently as they would affect other devices that are working in parallel. Maximizing Utilisation means that nothing is going to waste.

This is where you can make a difference by using every resource you are given with minimal waste and helping the community around you find cures for diseases that might affect the person near you could be our way as none working adults or new employee to have our footprint on society by allowing the world to use our waste and build a better world.

What do I do?

Step By Step Ways to install the software:

• Go to the Folding@Home Website by clicking here
  • After Downloading the software a webpage will open and you will be able to set your name and team: Set your name CIT_PublicName and Team to "CIT on MTA"
  • It is done you wait within the hour you will get a task.
The Giveaway

To join the giveaway you need to post a screenshot of when you start it now with the score you have at the current moment. With your account name.

Thank you for helping the world and your community!

Current Value of the giveaway!!

Starting value for the team: CIT on MTA   7232914
Value on 3/24/2020 for the team: CIT on MTA   7232914
Current Giveaway Amount: 75'000'000$

For Donations to this Giveaway!

To donate, send me a forum PM with the value of your donation and the type of donation you want to give:

• One Time Sum: Pay everything in one time, not incremental based on the amount of million points we do.
  • Incremental: Based on the number of points the players do, usually in the range of X per Million point.

Money should be transferred to my account jamaw76 after I respond to your PM.

Frequently Asked Questions!

• What is CIT Team's Number? 
    Show content
    You can input the team in 2 ways either using the name 'CIT on MTA' or Using the number '224321'
  • My Web Consol is refreshing all the time, what can I do?
    Show content
    Based on what I have read on the Folding@Home website, many people are facing issues when using google chrome as the interface, I would recommend internet explorer or firefox for now until the issue is solved.
  • Can I used many computers with the same account?
    Show content
    Yes you can no need to change the name, folding@home will add up all your scores.
If you have any other question please state it on the topic so we can discuss it and probably add it here.

Changelogs:
Show content
24/3/2020 - An Annonymous Donor will add 20'000'000$ Per Million Points! Thank you!
24/3/2020 - SAPD Group will be donating a one time none incremental sum of 50'000'000$! Thank you!

Show content
Support the Initiative!

I will be donating at the end of this 5 Million to the top 3 Folders! And I hope other people would support me in getting this prize to a higher level.
« Last Edit: 25 03, 2020, 07:40:47 am by JaMaW »
"Leaders don't create followers, they create leaders!"--  Unknown
"Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” – Sheryl Sandberg
"I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work."  – Thomas A. Edison

Offline Sp1

• New Community Member
  • Highest in the room
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 24 03, 2020, 11:51:37 am »
I joined this movement

Offline KC

• The Balancer
  • Honorable
  • Keep Calm and Play CIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TSF
  • Ingame: |TSF|KC
« Reply #3 on: 24 03, 2020, 12:28:06 pm »
I wonder, what are the odds of actually finding something useful.

Need to read the paper in detail.
: )

Offline STAR

• xCode Lieutenant
  • Regular Community Member
« Reply #4 on: 24 03, 2020, 12:42:30 pm »
Started doing this a couple of days ago, hence my signature. What is the teams name?

Offline Norman

• I'm a devil of my word!
  • Ingame: Norman
« Reply #5 on: 24 03, 2020, 01:17:35 pm »

Show content

p.s edited for the competition
« Last Edit: 24 03, 2020, 08:06:52 pm by Norman »
People don't have power over us
We give it to them

Offline Sp1

• New Community Member
  • Highest in the room
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: 24 03, 2020, 01:33:33 pm »
well my pc isn't doing anything.. anyone knows why?
Show content
you need to wait I had same problem then it starts doing it

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #7 on: 24 03, 2020, 01:52:35 pm »
Note that as so many people have started running folding at home that it might take a while to even get an assignment and also the assignment you get might not be COVID-19 related due to there being not enough assignments created yet for it.

I will be donating at the end of this 5 Million to the top 3 Folders! And I hope other people would support me into getting this prize to a higher level.

Then you'd better save a copy of the current top folders to see whose actually doing it new instead of from the old competition I did years ago. Note that the reason why most contributors in our team start with "CIT_" is because when we had the competition I asked them to put their names like CIT_AccountNameIngameHere so I could reward their accounts easily.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline M4A1ASAD

• Michael Jackson King of Pop
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: M4A1ASAD
« Reply #8 on: 24 03, 2020, 02:35:36 pm »
Good information! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I've already put the program to work. It would be nice if a translated copy in several languages was added, and that it has sticky in the subforums of each language.
(Maybe this last one doesn't make sense ... but it would make it possible to reach more people)

Offline JaMaW

• The Professional & DT Leader
  • #PositiveCIT
  • Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: Jamaw
  • Squad: 404!
« Reply #9 on: 24 03, 2020, 03:43:55 pm »
Note that as so many people have started running folding at home that it might take a while to even get an assignment and also the assignment you get might not be COVID-19 related due to there being not enough assignments created yet for it.

Then you'd better save a copy of the current top folders to see whose actually doing it new instead of from the old competition I did years ago. Note that the reason why most contributors in our team start with "CIT_" is because when we had the competition I asked them to put their names like CIT_AccountNameIngameHere so I could reward their accounts easily.

Ok so what will happen is this:

Considering taking snapshots of the full list a huge pain!

CIT on MTA   7232914

This is our server's current score. For every 1 Million points, we get I am adding 5 Million for a giveaway that only people who are doing this activity can join.

Show content
Giveaway For Players Who Help Improve the World

Folding@Home? What is it?

Folding@Home is a protein simulation platform that runs a simulation on Scientific researches for people around the world. The goal of this initiative is to facilitate the work of researchers by providing better and free computing power to help faster analysis of data. This provides 2 benefits to the planet, one which is pretty obvious and the other which is more subtle.
  • Boosting Scientific discoveries and making our population ready to deal with situations that are similar to the current one, where need for fast response on medicine to deal with the pandemic becomes more important day after day.
  • Saving our planet: On average a normal computer user consumes 15 to 45% of the capacity of his CPU, GPU and other components on a daily basis. This number is even more flagrant on worldwide hosting services or data centers as some of them have systems running at below 10% of there capacity and sitting Idle. The consumption of electricity and power created by those devices is equivalent to some of the biggest factories in the world. And those devices can't be shut down or used more efficiently as they would affect other devices that are working in parallel. Maximizing Utilisation means that nothing is going to waste.

This is where you can make a difference by using every resource you are given with minimal waste and helping the community around you find cures for diseases that might affect the person near you could be our way as none working adults or new employee to have our footprint on society by allowing the world to use our waste and build a better world.

What do I do?

Step By Step Ways to install the software:

• Go to the Folding@Home Website by clicking here
  • After Downloading the software a webpage will open and you will be able to set your name and team: Set your name CIT_PublicName and Team to "CIT on MTA"
  • It is done you wait within the hour you will get a task.
The Giveaway

To join the giveaway you need to post a screenshot of when you start it now with the score you have at the current moment. With your account name.

Thank you for helping the world and your community!
« Last Edit: 24 03, 2020, 06:15:04 pm by JaMaW »
"Leaders don't create followers, they create leaders!"--  Unknown
"Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” – Sheryl Sandberg
"I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work."  – Thomas A. Edison

Offline Timtso

• Regular Community Member
  • Chief Advisor of SAPD
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Timtso[SAPD]
« Reply #10 on: 24 03, 2020, 04:06:17 pm »
I just joined as well.

Show content
Chief Advisor of San Andreas Police Department
Honorable Police Chief

Ex. Head Police Chief

Timtso

Offline JayXxX

• Senior Community Member
  • Group: 1337
  • Squad: Prodigy
« Reply #11 on: 24 03, 2020, 04:48:37 pm »
Show content

You may want to fix "CIT on MTA" link to cit.gg, it still cit2.net

Offline Xorke

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Xorke
  • Squad: notEasy
« Reply #12 on: 24 03, 2020, 04:56:36 pm »
Show content

Will keep this running for a while as it's on my second machine

Offline ReO

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
« Reply #13 on: 24 03, 2020, 05:40:51 pm »
ay ay ay

Show content
Bikers forever, forever Bikers!

Offline TORRES

• Junior Community Member
  • KLMer until the end.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: TORRES
« Reply #14 on: 24 03, 2020, 05:56:59 pm »
Very slowly but we get there one day I guess.
Show content
« Last Edit: 24 03, 2020, 05:58:47 pm by TORRES »