Author Topic: [+++] Re addition of group tags colours for official law groups  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Nervous

• FBI Director
  • Senior Community Member
  • The sky is the limit
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Nervous[FBI]
Greetings Community

I'm here in order to suggest the addition of the old tag colour for every law official group. I will get into details. We all are aware that when we are patrolling or serving at differents points of San Andreas we are in touch with people that are part of official law groups. I would like to add some old system that the current criminal, gangster and civillian side has. The re addition of our custom tag colour. It doesn't make sense that we all are light blue when we have a different chat colour. It should match the chat colour with the name tag because otherwise doesn't look fine.

As this is a suggestion that involves the whole law side, I took my time to speak with the leaders of every official and some non official law group in order to ask about their opinion about this matter and they all agreed to suggest this back. So I'm representing the whole team of official law groups. I might mention @Timbery @HunkJ0 @MarK @Unity @Dimit @Furby @ReuS @Ally @IronMan @Frozen @Riquel @Redfire

I'm going to send some pictures so you can understand in a better way the idea. On this picture you can see both officers using their official group job and both of them have light blue names:
Show content

On this second picture you can see the chat when they said the word "Test".
Show content

Here you can appreciate one civillian and one criminal that are part of official groups:
Show content
. Their name colour is exactly the same of the chat one.

I'm not sure if this was removed because new cops can confuse each other. It can be easily disabled from them till they reach 10/20 hours. We can't find any valid reason against the addition of this suggestion.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: 01 04, 2020, 12:39:48 am by Unity »
A leader is one who knows the way goes the way and shows the way - John Maxwell

Offline Sr.Manco™

• New Community Member
  • Hey. 😌👌🏻 -Reddit: https://t.co/J9i5PDXs9H ►ADM◄
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Discordia
  • Ingame: |ADM|Sr.Manco
  • Squad: ADM
Re: Re addition of group tags colours for official law groups
« Reply #1 on: 30 03, 2020, 09:03:57 pm »
Well, I really liked the aesthetic of it, so I as a cop would like seeing it again in-game. :police:

If it got disabled because of new players getting confused, then an option could be added to the server settings (off by default) where you could change this.

Or, as you said, it could be disabled by default until that new player reaches 24 hours of in-game play time (enough time for an average person to realise that it's a group tag).

I'm upvoting your suggestion. :thumb: :tick:
La 'Asociación de mancos' manda y no tu banda.

►ADM◄

-Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/MeLlamoAdac/

Offline Noobochok

• New Community Member
  • Ingame: Noobochok
« Reply #2 on: 30 03, 2020, 09:15:21 pm »
I support this change. It will be more correct and appropriate in our time. At the moment, this is very necessary.For example, it will be easier to identify members of different groups, as well as to have diversity in the daily life of a police officer. My vote Positive
« Last Edit: 30 03, 2020, 09:35:14 pm by Noobochok »

Offline AJoker

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Ex CID
  • Ingame: AJoker
« Reply #3 on: 30 03, 2020, 09:18:50 pm »
Well, I see this as good suggestion as there is no reason for why it got removed as we already see the criminals in red and that violet color then, it won't make any problem for law side to have the same feature as criminal side.
Also, I hope Discussion moderators to avoid warning others if they said less than the rules in that discussion board, as it's not for rush posts it's only to share other law group members thoughts about that feature @Unity @HosttyBoy
Former CID Overseer

Offline Unity

• si la vida te da la espalda, mírale el culo
  • Ingame: Unity
« Reply #4 on: 30 03, 2020, 10:13:57 pm »
I fully agree with the re-addition of this feature, as it doesn't makes any sense having the same color as the rest of police officers when all our groups have been official for a really long time. We chose our own RGB for a reason, and I believe that if Criminal and Civilian groups are able to have this feature, we should be able to enjoy it as well.

Also, I hope Discussion moderators to avoid warning others if they said less than the rules in that discussion board, as it's not for rush posts it's only to share other law group members thoughts about that feature @Unity @HosttyBoy
About this, I'm sorry but we have to apply the rules for everyone, as it would be unfair not doing it
« Last Edit: 30 03, 2020, 10:16:30 pm by Unity »
Ass or tits?

Offline ReuS

• Diplomatic
  • Group: CID
  • Ingame: ReuS
  • Squad: The Velentzas
« Reply #5 on: 30 03, 2020, 11:09:46 pm »
Me as member and representative of CID I would like if this suggestion got accepted as it will lead to have no difference between official law and criminal groups same as civilian side and  will improve the features that law groups will gain when they reach L6 which is something hard to get. Positive
Current CID Founder
The way to happiness is to appreciate what you have - ReuS
Ex FBI COI
Apuross
    ★ CRIME INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT ★
" The way to happiness is to appreciate what you have "

Offline Antoni

• Regular Community Member
  • Don't Count the days , make the days count
  • Group: (TaskForce)
  • Ingame: Antoni
« Reply #6 on: 30 03, 2020, 11:45:09 pm »
I don't really remember why this has been removed. If it is cause of "Confusing" then on the map shouldn't be changed (I am talking about F11 and mini-map as well.), the name doesn't seem to be a problem. Group tags colours should have a meaning not just on chatting. You earn the badge by levelling up your group then you should have the perks as well.
 :tick:

The violets are red, your eye gonna be black, cass me ousside how about datt

Antoni accepted as CDT @ 28/01/17
Ex-Leader of TaskForce (MRH)

Offline Arthur.

• Regular Community Member
  • American Dream
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: 31 03, 2020, 12:08:32 am »
I am not sure if this suggestion is even useful as the simple blue color is much better then having different colors in your name thingy, I get it this should be applied for both sides but the blue,red,yellow,purple I'd better then having lots of colors as the blue color represents every law officer it doesn't matter I'd he/she is in a official law group, they're playing as a cop so adding custom Colors just because of rhe group job wouldn't so much and I think if you really want this added you can have a enable/disable in /settings maybe players like the blue color more then the official group colors Netrual
A True Warrior Never engages in combat, He Avoids it to prevent hurting people, A true warrior ends the conflict with his words, if he cannot, then he raises his fist and rains hell on everyone around him.

Offline Charly

• Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: [ICM]Charly
  • Squad: Anti Riot Squad
« Reply #8 on: 31 03, 2020, 01:05:37 am »
I am not sure if this suggestion is even useful as the simple blue color is much better then having different colors in your name thingy, I get it this should be applied for both sides but the blue,red,yellow,purple I'd better then having lots of colors as the blue color represents every law officer it doesn't matter I'd he/she is in a official law group, they're playing as a cop so adding custom Colors just because of rhe group job wouldn't so much and I think if you really want this added you can have a enable/disable in /settings maybe players like the blue color more then the official group colors Netrual

That option in settings already exists. The suggestion is about adding again the tag colors for law groups, criminal and civilians group already have these features and you can enable/disable their custom group color from /settings, so if you want to see cops with the same blue color you have to disable group colors from settings, same for criminals/civilians.

I'll go positive on this, it'll give law groups back their custom colors, something that was great in the past and used to give 'personality' to every single law group.
~ police chief and mpcc trucks k1ng ~

Offline MarK

• yeshua#1
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: 1manArmy
« Reply #9 on: 31 03, 2020, 01:58:57 am »
I couldn't find a reason not to, it's obviously something that we (the majority) of the law players are positive about, so there really isn't much to go against it. You also stated that low hour players would have it disabled which is the best solution to what could seem like an ''issue''  :tick:
« Last Edit: 31 03, 2020, 02:00:29 am by MarK »
• Intelligence & Crime Enforcement Bureau (End of an era)
• Top Riot Kills/Damage Record Holder since 18-06-2020.

[19-9-2021] [14:59:19] [CIT]iFrank{13}[Biker] has globally muted MARK (#I) 50 min Message was: My mom beats me, but at least I feel save with HoBoS because they can't beat anyone

Offline Harb

• Eagle Eye
« Reply #10 on: 31 03, 2020, 02:32:14 am »
Adding this feature back would be great, official groups tag color was very special back then and I guess it would be very nice to see them once again.  I'm positive, it represented every official group.

'Wisely, and slow. They stumble that run fast. - William Shakespeare.

Offline Redfire

• Prometheus
  • Ingame: Redfire
« Reply #11 on: 31 03, 2020, 11:45:47 am »
It's a good perk for the official law groups to be able to have their own RGB color shown in their name. Besides, the vast majority of the law players agreed on having this feature brought back.

It's already implemented on the criminal and civilian side as well.

I'm supporting this.
"A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid."

"I played soldier, you played king. And struck me down, when I kissed that ring. You lost that right, to hold that crown. I built you up, but you let me down. So when you fall, I'll take my turn. And fan the flames, as your blazes burn."

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
« Reply #12 on: 31 03, 2020, 01:27:15 pm »
That addition has been removed due to some reasons, I guess it's to help the traders to trade with custom tag colors and to avoid the confusion on the minimap, so if we got this addition back everyone will join the most attracted color in the law side, the thing is that this addition actually exists in the crim/gang side... doesn't it cause confusion too? so the whole thing is kinda unfair, the old system was much better than the current one.

There are two solutions to fix this issue, you can remove this addition from the other side (criminal/gang) or adding it back to the law side since this suggestion is speaking about adding this back so I am choosing solution number one, I would like to support this suggestion.
« Last Edit: 31 03, 2020, 01:29:07 pm by Atheer »

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline Furby

• Special Forces will be remembered.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Furby[AF]
« Reply #13 on: 31 03, 2020, 02:00:32 pm »
Supporting this idea.  :tick:
When it got removed it was a huge loss for every official law group, as the tag colors were part of the uniqueness of those groups.
Since different group tag colors for different groups are still/already implemented on the criminal and civilian side, it would be only fair to add this feature back for law groups as well. Furthermore I doubt that new players get confused by different tag colors for law groups and on the other hand don‘t get confused by different tag colors on the criminal/civilian side.
Nervous mentioned that different tag colors could be disabled for new players.. that‘s a way to avoid the „confusion“.

Offline Pager

• Donator L1
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: 31 03, 2020, 02:41:59 pm »
I don't see any point to not add this suggestion, I'm in the Criminal side but still supporting this idea. The reason that made me support this idea is that why should Criminal side have it and Law side should not? Let's bring the balance and let cops enjoy that perk too.
Subscribe

It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend