Author Topic: [Arran] Not being billed after dying in Event Dimension  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Slow

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ArmedForces
  • Ingame: Slow
[Arran] Not being billed after dying in Event Dimension
« on: 23 09, 2020, 08:53:53 pm »
What kind of criteria your suggestion holds:

1. Increases entertainment.
2. Reduce inconvenience.

1) Context: Currently, as CEM's we can let people respawn endlessly in an event after dying (e.g Parkour events, death races on foot, mazes, and the list goes on). Hence, if they die they are re-warped to the location where warps were initially enabled (/emspawn) in dimension 336.

2) Issue: People lose money every time they die (covering hospital fees) before being re-warped to the event automatically. This makes them leave the event because, unfortunately, money is more valued than entertainment itself 90% of the time. Just to illustrate, I hosted an event yesterday and out of 15 players who joined, only 7 stayed because the rest complained about losing money.

3) Solution: Not billing people when they die in the event dimension (dimension 336).

• In summary: /emspawn is enabled > Player X dies > Player X respawns at the hospital and gets billed some money > Player X is warped back into dim. 336 after being billed automatically > Cycle repeats (if the event type involves dying).

Have a great day.
« Last Edit: 28 09, 2020, 09:30:37 am by Vampire »

Offline Compl3x

• me name is sakan igadik
    YearsYearsYears
Re: Not being billed after dying in Event Dimension
« Reply #1 on: 23 09, 2020, 09:03:18 pm »
I wasnt able to Notice but if thats the case then it should be fixed as its not good to have Event Dimension Participants Pay to Play. I dont think this should get fixed as this is more of a bug. Nevertheless voting Positive :tick:
Ex CEM
Ex SCM
Ex Staff
Ex Adm.
Ex Country Supporter
GOD

Offline IdleJoe

• The Benefactor - SAPD Leader
  • Be a better you, for you.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: IdleJoe
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #2 on: 23 09, 2020, 09:04:09 pm »
Upvoting this to the bone. As a CEM I faced a really similar issue where people left the event because of the expenses. Not everyone has the comfort of paying hospital bills after dying in a hard event multiple times. In my opinion this suggestion is a must since dying in the event dimension has nothing to do with the main dimension.
Knowledge will give you power, but character will give you respect.
Not only a group, but family.

Offline Shadow.

• The Knight
  • No Body Is Perfect
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: Shadow
  • Squad: #Undisputed
« Reply #3 on: 24 09, 2020, 12:58:33 am »
Obviously needed, even while hosting any kind of events people still tend to leave because of losing money which ain't surprising to be honest, after all the winners of a certain event shall be 1, 2 or 3 at most, thus they don't stand the frustration of losing their hard aka their earnings, so I believe implementing such thing shall have it's impact on the entertaining field as a whole. Upvoting!
Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

Offline iCrazyCat

• Junior Community Member
  • ☠️To Be Or Not To Be☠️
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: iCrazyCat*SWAT
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
« Reply #4 on: 24 09, 2020, 10:22:33 am »
This is a useful suggestion that will not harm anyone. Though, I am not really attending events at the moment, the few times I have and I died indeed I did lose some money. For someone that attends 1 event it is not a big deal, but I know players that the only reason they play this game is the events. This players tend to lose tons of money for having fun in an event dimension. The only drawback I really see is from the admins point of view, that it will take quite some time to get this implemented. Other than that I cannot see anything negative about this and you have also covered the solution on its fullest.
 Voting Positive :tick:
(=^ェ^=)

=^● ⋏ ●^=

05 04, 2020, 06:19:55 pm
Special Weapons and Tactics Team has been accepted!
We want to welcome you to one of the best law groups in CIT and to the SWAT Team family.
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Offline Ths

• State Official
  • IF I'M WRONG EDUCATE ME DON'T BELITTLE ME
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 25 09, 2020, 03:43:39 am »
Yes, Finally Slow thanks for this kind of suggestion! This is what we called good quality of suggestion. I would share my opinion first, What if the Event manager can set there spawn in dimension? like this: '' /setspawn X X X '' since if they don't want to leave then they will stay then if not use will /leaveevent
overall this is good for all players all joining at the event so I'm going to vote POSITIVE I hope this suggestion will be implement
Ths added as Filipino helper. (31.08.2020 GMs + MgD)
September 23th: @Ths Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + Ptole
January 10th: @Ths  Accepted for RCM. -- Ptole + Kuldeep
June 3rd: @Ths Accepted for SCM. -- Ptole + FMMs
Saturday, August 26, 2023: Added Ths as Associate State Official. (SO Team)
ᴬᶜᴱ ᴾᴴ

Offline Forager

• Regular Community Member
  • guest61234 ~ 83079
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Forager
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #6 on: 27 09, 2020, 04:44:24 pm »
I will fully support this. Often times, especially when there are survival type of event, after we lose, we get to pay when we died inside the event. In this case, if this idea will be implemented, it can increase players or newbies to attend the event. Also, it is much appealing to try to participate in the event. Since this is an event, it must be free as players were warped inside the dimension and not died in the main. Also, especially parkour, if a participant fell off, they will respawn in the checkpoint then pays the death fee over and over which discourage some of the players to attend. This idea must be implemented and I am positive in this.
Have Courage and Be Kind <3

Offline Ahmed?

• Do not give up. The beginning is always the hard.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: left
  • Ingame: Ahmed
  • Squad: left
« Reply #7 on: 27 09, 2020, 08:33:13 pm »
I think that there is supposed to be a choice that when you add an event like this you choose it, and this option is that all the players who will die in the event join again and that if they do not do leaveevent, if they do this they will not join the event again because it is that they joined 20 or 30 inches The juvenile and 10 or more of them died, they return to the event, and if any person did Leaveevent, he cannot join again because this is why there will be no exploitation in the event, and 30 of those who did, but join from the beginning are those who joined and not others, and if one of them leaves, he will not enter for non-exploitation Just.Positive :tick:
Guide X2 - Senior Community Member - Ex DoMinos_Family Leader
i dont have friends > but that's okay > I don't need them any way > i do my best all on my own

Offline Omar

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Omar
Re: [Arran] Not being billed after dying in Event Dimension
« Reply #8 on: 30 09, 2020, 09:41:56 am »
After reviewing your suggestion, we obtained the following results:

- 7 positive votes.
- 0 negative votes.

The topic remains a neutral priority.
Added Omar as Arabic Helper. (08.05.2020)
May 13th: @Omar Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika
Jul 14th: @Omar awarded RCM for his contributions towards Guiders' team - DeadStunter + Vampire
Omar added as Trial Criminal Boss. (03.08.2020 CB Team)
Omar added as trial staff. (30.08.2020 L4+ Staff)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: [Arran] Not being billed after dying in Event Dimension
« Reply #9 on: 30 09, 2020, 02:28:15 pm »
- There will not be a respawn fee if you die in the event dimension. (Arran + Slow)
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.