Ingame Community > News and Updates

[A] Non English messages detector.

<< < (3/3)

Brutallized:
Well, we already have ICMs
If we add this ICM job will be useless and actually its not a big deal. I am Downvoting your suggestion as I already said that we have ICMs.

guest21036:
Actually a good idea, but what happens for Group names ? I am pretty sure no dictionary is going to have words like DynamicMouse and groups that have combined English words ?

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the bot check the word as whole and not separate it ? This would cause a lot of confusion since the combined words aren't mentioned in a English dictionary and thereby, you wouldn't be able to use them in a advert ?

Also, this will require a lot of work, most short-words and slangs won't be in the dictionary. This is complex and would become subject to many problems.

I can see this is already accepted, still would be great if someone were to explain how it would work in a private PM.

Loki:

--- Quote ---(Superadvert) Trixter: Seeling 50k iron for 8 bux. Btw apply for KLM!
--- End quote ---

What if you accidentally fail or use abbreviations or group names like this? There are 3 different non-English words here. Would it detect them as such and mute the person? Because of how the English language is and how many players type/chat, this system would be very flawed and it would be extremely difficult to make it detect correctly based on how each individual types. The only solution would be to force people to make "professional" adverts in proper English. Which isn't a solution at all, especially considering many CIT players have difficulty with the language as is.

I don't think this will work very well, so not supporting for now. Might change my vote if there is a good solution for the above issues.

Emma:

--- Quote from: Trixter on 02 12, 2018, 09:20:43 am ---What if you accidentally fail or use abbreviations or group names like this? There are 3 different non-English words here. Would it detect them as such and mute the person? Because of how the English language is and how many players type/chat, this system would be very flawed and it would be extremely difficult to make it detect correctly based on how each individual types. The only solution would be to force people to make "professional" adverts in proper English. Which isn't a solution at all, especially considering many CIT players have difficulty with the language as is.

I don't think this will work very well, so not supporting for now. Might change my vote if there is a good solution for the above issues.

--- End quote ---

A solution for this would be only blocking out Arabic/Russian symbols. And any other language that has other characters than English'.

Arran:
 :tick: Partially added by copying the script that checked if a message started with an Arabic or Chinese symbol so it will prevent at least some people being muted for this rule.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version