Ingame Community > News and Updates

Allow multiple store robberies on the same store with increasingly slower timer

(1/1)

ZtyX:
Allow multiple store robberies on the same store with increasingly slower timer

1 store: 60 seconds to rob the first store.
Multiple stores: 60 seconds * 1,25 * x (times robbed)

Arguments in favor:

* Criminal activity will go up because it will be easier to earn money and wanted points.
* Police activity will go up because there are more criminals with nice wanted levels to kill.
* Police teamwork will be more needed because larger amounts of criminals will be robbing stores.
* Criminal teamwork will increase because police teamwork has increased and criminals need to match that and use tactics to survive and keep robbing stores. Synergy effect.
* Criminals and cops move to JFM motel when a few guys manage to get APB and this creates massive fun, fun teamwork and something to achieve as a faction. Synergy effect.
* Cops have always had the ability to care very little about dying and they use a swarming tactic to just keep coming again and again. This is very frustrating for criminals who do robberies because you are forced to go out and run through the streets while getting swarmed. If you kill 1-2-3 cops, they just keep coming back with armor until you lose. This is not fun for criminals and also not much of a challenge for cops, ie. not as satisfying to win for cops. The current store robberies force criminals to go outside or else they can't earn money because you can only rob 1 time.
* Criminals can wait inside the store and hold it for an extended period of time, while more criminals come to the store (regrouping - creating faction teamwork) and it won't be boring to wait because you still have a purpose when standing around and waiting because you are robbing multiple times. Finally, you can decide to push out together at the right time and the concentration of criminals will be dense enough to stand a chance running to the next store without everybody dying and the entire event stopping because people are scattered, singled out and lost their high wanted levels.
* Criminal boss and police chiefs will become more valuable in controlling the tactics and countdowns of when to push out / rush in.
* Multiple store robberies are a massive activity that can really engage the entire city (Police and Criminals) in epic fights against each other. And people really wanted to do this. I was a criminal boss and I led events with 30-110 criminals in store robberies and people were having a blast, I'm telling you. We can get this back, but we need to change the system to be more in line with what it was back then.
* Police will get more quality kills instead of quantity farming weak criminals because targets will have a higher wanted level, but it will be more difficult to kill them because criminals will defend each other in packs inside fortified positions and move together in packs.
* Criminals will have more fun because they will feel like they have a chance to face the cops instead of always feeling weak and having to constantly die / getting swarmed. Store riots will be a cat vs. cat fight instead of a cat vs. mouse fight. And this is more enjoyable.

You have been searching for a way to increase the player population of CIT?

I guarantee you that this will increase enthusiasm for playing on this server and just in general logging in because this is an activity you can do as an entire faction. And leaders (Criminal boss, Police chief) are very useful and have a role in leading criminals during these fights.

It is a very unique thing when you can get groups of people to work together towards the same mutual goals. The store robberies are a way to do that, but right now they are in disarray. You have single/duo guys running around robbing them most of the time and single/duo cops killing them with respawn/drive fast tactics. It can be so much better and this was already proven with record activity inside these riots when I was a criminal boss and I actually did multiple store robberies.

Diamond:
New Suggestion Format:

--- Code: ---[b]What kind of criteria your suggestion holds: [/b]
--- End code ---

You must include it at the beginning of your suggestion for an easy check. Thank you.

Arran:
- Instead of being unable to rob the same store for 10 minutes, the duration increases each time. Resets every 6 hours. (Arran + ZtyX)

Though I went with 90 instead of 75 as an extra 15 seconds isn't enough and I would imagine players would just double rob stores and move on to the next.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version