Author Topic: Ability to disable the PIN code  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Albertosso

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ---
  • Ingame: not active
  • Squad: ---
Ability to disable the PIN code
« on: 25 03, 2014, 06:43:27 pm »
As you might know, the new security system for ATM's ( the PIN ) has a main disadvantage: you can forget it.

Quote from: Arran (Server updates)
Added an optional PIN code system to limit money withdraws from your bank account. IF YOU FORGET YOUR PIN CODE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO ACCESS YOUR MONEY SO IF YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO REMEMBER OR WRITE IT DOWN THEN DON'T SET A PIN CODE. To set a PIN code use /setpin NewPIN (10-9999) so if you wanted your PIN to be 10 you'd do /setpin 10 and if you wanted to change it from 10 to 20 you'd do /setpin 20 10. Once you've set a PIN you will need to enter it before you can withdraw money form the bank / ATM. Setting a hard to guess PIN code that you don't tell anyone will mean that the money in your bank account is much safer from being stolen by someone who gets onto your account. (Arran)

There are some reasons for that:
- You go inactive,after some time you forget it and you can't find the paper where you wrote it.
- You simply want to remove this protection feature.

That's why my sugestion is to be able to disable you PIN code if you want.

There are some safe ways to do that:
1) Command: /removepin [current pin] [current account password]. *optional*After the PIN has been disabled, a notification will be sent to your e-mail account (if you have one) that the PIN on your in-game account has been disabled.
2) E-mail confirmation ( if you do have an e-mail set to your account : /removepin  -> A box will appear with the message "Please insert the confirmation code we sent you in the e-mail". An e-mail will be sent to your account with a code. You will have to enter the code into that box to disable the PIN.

/discuss

Note: If you downvote the ideea please post a comment with your reasons.
« Last Edit: 25 03, 2014, 07:17:14 pm by Albertosso »
Ex. Regular Community Member
Ex. RO, SAPD and FP member

Proud player of 2012-2015 era.

in-active - forum only
About me

It's Albert, not Alber, Abler, Alberto, Ablerto or anything like that.

Offline CocoNuT

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: CocoNuT
Re: Ability to disable the PIN code
« Reply #1 on: 25 03, 2014, 11:27:04 pm »
There are some safe ways to do that:
1) Command: /removepin [current pin] [current account password]. *optional*After the PIN has been disabled, a notification will be sent to your e-mail account (if you have one) that the PIN on your in-game account has been disabled.
I think you forgot what you were typing in this paragraph..
In the first line of the suggestion, you said that you can forget your current PIN.
So if you forget it, why should you type your current PIN if you don't even remember it?

Then make it so you should type:
/removepin <email address> <current password>: In 'email address' you should type the email you have linked with your account and in 'current password' you should type the password..
Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. - Bob Marley

Offline Albertosso

« Reply #2 on: 25 03, 2014, 11:37:16 pm »
I think you forgot what you were typing in this paragraph..
In the first line of the suggestion, you said that you can forget your current PIN.
So if you forget it, why should you type your current PIN if you don't even remember it?

Then make it so you should type:
/removepin <email address> <current password>: In 'email address' you should type the email you have linked with your account and in 'current password' you should type the password..

Let me make this clear: If you are aware of the facf that you can forget the PIN you will remove it before going inactive, when you still know it. The current system does not allow you to remove the PIN at all.

/removepin <email adress> <email adress> it's abbusable because if your password has been compromised, the so called hacker can find your e-mail adress in B>Settings. This way the PIN becomes useless against any kind of threat.

in-active - forum only
About me

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
« Reply #3 on: 25 03, 2014, 11:49:19 pm »
Because everyone here is posting 100s of arguments while they are all the same phrased differently, being the fact that you can forget it.. I will give you a little piece of advice.

B > Notes
Write your PIN there

If anyone else gets on your account, they can't see your notes, because your phone notes are stored locally.

You are already not forced to set a PIN code, if you don't use it it's your own fault. So I guess it wouldn't be too big of a problem to add an option to remove it, but as I said, people keep complaining about hackers and then this? Lol
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

Offline Albertosso

« Reply #4 on: 26 03, 2014, 12:08:01 am »
Because everyone here is posting 100s of arguments while they are all the same phrased differently, being the fact that you can forget it.. I will give you a little piece of advice.

B > Notes
Write your PIN there

If anyone else gets on your account, they can't see your notes, because your phone notes are stored locally.

You are already not forced to set a PIN code, if you don't use it it's your own fault. So I guess it wouldn't be too big of a problem to add an option to remove it, but as I said, people keep complaining about hackers and then this? Lol

Just one question: What about the guys that have brothers/sister or are using an public computers ( internet caffes). There are a lot of people on this server which are using internet caffees to play because they can't afford a computer. Would you imagine what will happen if they write their PIN in notes and that will remain on that public computer? Luckly for me , I'm using one single computer and i'm not stupid enought to give away my password and thus I don't have any PIN to my account. But if I were one guy who uses public computers I will be 200% more motivated to set a PIN to my account just to make sure that 'i can sleep well at night'. That's why the risk is even higher for the ones using public computers.

in-active - forum only
About me

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
« Reply #5 on: 26 03, 2014, 12:32:29 am »
Just one question: What about the guys that have brothers/sister or are using an public computers ( internet caffes). There are a lot of people on this server which are using internet caffees to play because they can't afford a computer. Would you imagine what will happen if they write their PIN in notes and that will remain on that public computer? Luckly for me , I'm using one single computer and i'm not stupid enought to give away my password and thus I don't have any PIN to my account. But if I were one guy who uses public computers I will be 200% more motivated to set a PIN to my account just to make sure that 'i can sleep well at night'. That's why the risk is even higher for the ones using public computers.

If you are inactive then internet cafés shouldnt be a problem because in that case if you would save it it wouldnt even be there after a few months or so anyways..

Plus, if you share computer with a relative / brother and they get on your account, use your PIN and get your money, then you might want to consider if something is going incredibly wrong.
People using public computers could also just write a PIN tip into their notes so they always know what to think of
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

Offline K90

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: K90
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #6 on: 26 03, 2014, 03:44:45 am »
That's why Arran said that if you doesn't have a good memory, then don't use the PIN system.
In my opinion the command should be something like this:
/newPin OldPin NewPin AccountPassword
last argument is really neccesary, just to avoid problems with hackers.
"In all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other."  Carl Sagan

Offline Albertosso

« Reply #7 on: 26 03, 2014, 06:15:34 am »
That's why Arran said that if you doesn't have a good memory, then don't use the PIN system.
In my opinion the command should be something like this:
/newPin OldPin NewPin AccountPassword
last argument is really neccesary, just to avoid problems with hackers.

Killer, there is such a thing already. You didn't paid attention.
Quote from: Arran
To set a PIN code use /setpin NewPIN (10-9999) so if you wanted your PIN to be 10 you'd do /setpin 10 and if you wanted to change it from 10 to 20 you'd do /setpin 20 10

If you are inactive then internet cafés shouldnt be a problem because in that case if you would save it it wouldnt even be there after a few months or so anyways..

Plus, if you share computer with a relative / brother and they get on your account, use your PIN and get your money, then you might want to consider if something is going incredibly wrong.
People using public computers could also just write a PIN tip into their notes so they always know what to think of

So instead of adding a small command You prefer to force people use stickys and PIN tips? Wow, then I guess we can also disable the account password recovery systems because we  can use tip's for that too...  :fp:

in-active - forum only
About me

Offline Ghost05

• Discord: aliimaher
« Reply #8 on: 26 03, 2014, 08:11:06 am »
What about making it that when you entered it on the same serial, it's saves. So you son't need to enter it over and over until the account is opened on a new serial.
Original Founder of
ReaXioN | LynX | eXodus

Offline Albertosso

« Reply #9 on: 26 03, 2014, 09:47:57 am »
What about making it that when you entered it on the same serial, it's saves. So you son't need to enter it over and over until the account is opened on a new serial.

Well, (if I understand your point correctly) that's a total different  suggestion. You can post it in a different topic.

in-active - forum only
About me

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #10 on: 27 03, 2014, 03:44:32 pm »
Or just set your pin to 10?
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Albertosso

« Reply #11 on: 27 03, 2014, 03:57:29 pm »
Or just set your pin to 10?

If I set it to 10 and I go inactive for 6 months, will I remember it when I go back?[ I'm not talking about me right now because I never forget my PIN's. I'm talking about other players]. I just posted this because I thought this small update will be easy to script.

Another easy way to disable it would be: /setpin [current PIN] 0
This should disable your PIN if you have one, and I think this change can be easely made.

in-active - forum only
About me

Offline JaMaW

• The Professional & DT Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • #PositiveCIT
  • Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: Jamaw
  • Squad: 404!
« Reply #12 on: 27 03, 2014, 04:01:19 pm »
If I set it to 10 and I go inactive for 6 months, will I remember it when I go back?[ I'm not talking about me right now because I never forget my PIN's. I'm talking about other players]. I just posted this because I thought this small update will be easy to script.

Another easy way to disable it would be: /setpin [current PIN] 0
This should disable your PIN if you have one, and I think this change can be easely made.
but the hole goal of the update is to make you account safer if you put it 0 and someone hacked your account it will be useless as while your inactive you can get hacked and get all your money stolen.
So you will start asking and complain and you will make staff loose time.
So put your pin on your cellphone notes and you will not forget it.
"Leaders don't create followers, they create leaders!"--  Unknown
"Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” – Sheryl Sandberg
"I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work."  – Thomas A. Edison

Offline Albertosso

« Reply #13 on: 27 03, 2014, 04:09:36 pm »
but the hole goal of the update is to make you account safer if you put it 0 and someone hacked your account it will be useless as while your inactive you can get hacked and get all your money stolen.
So you will start asking and complain and you will make staff loose time.
So put your pin on your cellphone notes and you will not forget it.

Jamaw, I won't reply to you because you didn't even read the comments in the topic.

And /setpin <current pin> 0 should have the efect of DISABLE-ing it.

Read the comments again Jamaw.

in-active - forum only
About me

Offline JaMaW

• The Professional & DT Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • #PositiveCIT
  • Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: Jamaw
  • Squad: 404!
« Reply #14 on: 27 03, 2014, 04:13:31 pm »
What I was telling and maybe you miss understood, is that the script have been made to set a pass in order to lower the ability for hackers to get you money so giving the ability to remove it is not a good Idea so put the pin on you phone notes and be safe.
"Leaders don't create followers, they create leaders!"--  Unknown
"Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” – Sheryl Sandberg
"I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work."  – Thomas A. Edison