Author Topic: [TOP] Certain restrictions to stop abusing the weed harvest  (Read 1327 times)

Offline iFrank

• Bikers Vice President
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • somebody that you used to know
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Imagine you're at the weed farm as a gangster, waiting for the weed to be ready for harvest, yet a stranger appears out of nowhere stealing most of the weed without you having any chance to stop him from taking any, turning the gangster activity which is supposed to involve fights into a stealing activity.

How's this possible in the first place? What some players, especially those who are unaware of the rules or lacks common sense, do is abuse the current system of no limitations by either camping at the weed farm as a non-gangster (criminal/unemployed/civilian) or staying in /afk dimension until the very last second for the weed to be ready for harvest, and /recover Combine Harvester, and steal several or all batches of weed in few seconds without having to fight any opponent gangsters around. Isn't it exploiting? Isn't it frustrating? Isn't it gaining an unfair advantage by the usage of abuse?

I, along with my groupmates, keep experiencing such frustrating cases due to not having certain restrictions to stop players from exploiting and ruining others' gameplay. What I'm here to propose is the implementation of the following restrictions:

- Not being able to go /afk and come back in and around the Weed Farm until the weed is harvested when the harvest is in few minutes;
- Not being able to become a /gangster in and around the Weed Farm until the weed is harvested when the harvest is in few minutes;
- Your proposals.

Below is the video which I have managed to take to support and illustrate my claims, watch the criminal named iYhann|D:

« Last Edit: 19 06, 2021, 10:09:50 pm by HosttyBoy »
BIKERS M.C.

Offline Satan.

• Junior Community Member
  • Per aspera ad astra.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Random[SoA]
  • Squad: CCC
Re: Certain restrictions to stop abusing the weed harvest
« Reply #1 on: 16 06, 2021, 05:38:31 pm »
this abuse is done by many as a criminal the guys go to the weed farm as a criminal or civilian and when the weed is ready they use /gangster and take almost most of it and don't fight they make fun and nothing happens to them and this is done by many, so this would help a lot for those who take the weed to be fighting and not just being a rat and using the command at the last moment.
Positive.

Offline Justice

• The Jurist
  • Senior Community Member
  • GG | xC
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Justice|xC
« Reply #2 on: 17 06, 2021, 06:34:57 am »
I have seen a lot of people randomly popping out in the map when weed is ready to be harvested as they have used /afk command to hide themselves and make a surprise attack from the enemy gangsters and it is kind of exploiting the command. I am supporting this idea to have a fair combat with gangsters around the Weed farm.

- Disabling RTs near the weed farm when it is ready to be harvested. (The new update kind of solve this problem but incase it didn't reach 400m around the area) this needs some testing :D

Wish we could turn back time to the gold DOPE days
01001001 01000001 01001101 01010100 01001000 01000101 01000010 01000101 01010011 01010100 00100001

Online Nyle

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FightForHonor
« Reply #3 on: 17 06, 2021, 01:18:12 pm »
Players who hide by using the AFK command to make fun of or mock the players, troll the players by taking most or all of the harvest as gangsters at harvest time, and this behavior causes injustice. My vote is positive.

Offline Marky'

• 我失败了一次只有一次
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Marky
  • Squad: Elixir FOREVER
« Reply #4 on: 17 06, 2021, 08:12:48 pm »
Well, some of the gangster in LS are stealing weeds in weed farm when it is ready to harvest and that's really annoying when you're waiting for that farm for almost 20-25 Minutes and it's going to steal by some gangster, Positive.

"No 999 Flip is 666, 999 Represent Takin Whatever Hell, Whatever Negative Situation You're In And Turning It Into Something Positive"
July 28, 2021: Marky' added as Associate State Official
August 5, 2021 Marky' has been added as DJ

Offline Avices

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SonsOfAnarchy
  • Squad: WhiteBeard
« Reply #5 on: 19 06, 2021, 09:33:02 pm »
I agree with your point it's really frustrating for players to abuse /afk to harvest weeds. Because the player will continue to mine them at the weed farm most of the people who come first can't stop him from stealing all of their weeds and we should limit the use of /gangster near the farm weed. Positive

Regards , Avices
Sons Forever Forever Sons & SFFS
I murdered a pigs and what did I get huh

Offline Mr.Pringles

• CIT Radio DJ
  • aka Abo-Warda | Sanchez Master
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Mr.Pringles
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
« Reply #6 on: 19 06, 2021, 09:49:52 pm »
This is exploiting and it should be reported. I don't participate in the weed farm often but after reading your story, I really feel how you were frustrated.
Restricting going AFK or changing occupations at the weed farm and the nearby areas will put an end to this exploit. This should be implemented by adding a big invisible turf around the weed farm area, to avoid players going AFK as it will say you can't go AFK in the weed farm area. Developers should add not being able to change occupations in this area too. This is really required, Positive
5thStreetSaints
The_ReNeGaDeS
CITRadio

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #7 on: 19 06, 2021, 10:09:37 pm »
Marked as Top priority.
Top priority: Suggestions that are not about feature additions, it could be a bug but it's not a bug to be reported at QA board. Suggestions that are purposed to be fixed to bring balance into the server. More meant to be fixed as it's abusable and could ruin the balance of CnR. These suggestions will be marked as a top priority once it receives enough support, no specific vote counts are required and it'll be up to moderators to decide on it's important to be stickied or not. They will be marked with the [TOP] title.
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline ZtyX

• Mafia Boss
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: IVANs_Family
  • Ingame: GA~[IF]IVAN>B+
  • Squad: IVANs_Squad
Re: [TOP] Certain restrictions to stop abusing the weed harvest
« Reply #8 on: 23 06, 2021, 01:18:12 am »
 :cros:

The players who stay AFK or use a recover command still harvest at the same time as anyone else.
I think you go too far by punishing clever players who are simply having fun with the weed harvest.

There is a reason why they resort to these techniques. Perhaps they don't have friends/group to help them fight at the weed farm.
Perhaps they are bad at fighting.

These players might stop coming to the weed farm if u force them to fight.
This is not the right suggestion for a time when CIT has a low population.

You should be happy that you are not standing alone at the weed farm and there's someone else there, trying to compete with you. Maybe you don't compete on killing each other and controlling the weed farm. But you still play against each other and compete for who can get in his combine harvester fastest and harvest some bales.

So, be happy you don't play alone. That's what happened in LV. People kept suggesting things that were bad for the competition and eventually, the gameplay became so stale, so one sided, that most people gave up and the city was left with a small minority.

« Last Edit: 23 06, 2021, 01:19:48 am by ZtyX »

Offline RedHeart

• King of Eagle_Squad
  • CIT News- Publisher
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: RedHeart
« Reply #9 on: 23 06, 2021, 05:14:22 am »
This abuse should be stopped as this makes no time for the harvest as they are using /AFK. Some gangsters steal weed and this unfair to others. I see that putting near the farm of the weed space that players can't go AFK and making them can't change in the last 1 minute will be good and enough to stop this from happening.  :tick:
Founder of Eagle_Squad

If you need help PM me

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #10 on: 30 06, 2021, 04:37:34 pm »
- Fixed players being able to harvest weed if in the last 20 seconds they switched to gangster or came out of being AFK. (Arran + iFrank)
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.