Author Topic: Businesses 2023  (Read 781 times)

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Businesses 2023
« on: 18 06, 2023, 12:41:09 pm »

From today I announce the start of new property business system. I've been working in the last 2 weeks (after an inconstant work of several months) to revamp the old property/business system and add even more features to it as well as improvements. The main goal was to remove the unfair holding of most profitable businesses by same individuals using multiple accounts as well as remove the (in my opinion) unnecessary reset of ownerships caused by those aforementioned individuals. The new system aims to drain all the unused market resources.

The main changes with new system are the following:

• You don't need to rent anything, you just invest one or all resources requested by the business. Nothing will be reset after a X priod of time neither you'll lose the renting for lacking one or more resources. Rental of business is completely removed.
  • Everything is calculated on a base hourly income for investors of $100,000 for static businesses like Nitrous Factories that are not dependant from players activities.
  • Static businesses are returning your investment value as a new resource with an extra bonus of 10%.
  • Player/group based businesses are returning an extra bonus of 20% to compensate these properties not always working.
  • Every conversion is based on average sale value of goods, that you can verify in F7 "Sell" tab list. This is made to grant a dynamic constant change when the ingame market changes.
  • I added new group businesses as requested some time ago from some community members. They get income from taking part to actions in their respective team, such as robbing for crims, arresting crims for law or playing civ jobs for civ groups.
  • Groups get 2% of what you invest, you get 98% + the bonus.
  • Players-bound businesses will show their "Net worth" on top right corner of panel, meaning that unless the networth is $0 you'll get an income from said business.
  • I brought back "Restaurant businesses" and linked them to an actual player activity that is buying food from Noodle stands, Food trucks, vending machines and restaurants around map.
  • I created a new "Ammunation" type of business, linked to players buying ammo and weapons.
  • The system is based roughly on real life markets where you can get an income from re-investing and playing on goods prices.

Special thanks go to @Vampire who offered himself as test subject and @Danzy and @Nuko for testing and giving feedback.
« Last Edit: 18 06, 2023, 01:13:34 pm by Brian »