Author Topic: Flucado - Staff Application[Accepted]  (Read 7096 times)

Flucado

Flucado - Staff Application[Accepted]
« on: 28 06, 2012, 04:17:03 am »
Ingame name: Flucado
Ingame account name: Flucado as well.
MTA serial: AADC0FBB644FB5CBD9DA972603028944
Age in years: 15
Country of residence: Brazil
Real world occupation: High School

I have been part of the following ingame groups: TheGodFathers
I have been playing on the CIT MTA SA server since: It's foundation.
I have been a member of the staff team before, if yes for how long: Yes I have, for around a year.
How many hours do you have playing on the server: About 942 hours by the time of this post.
How many hours on average do you play on the server a week: It would be pretentious to calculate such thing, since it's been very little time since I turned my activity regular in here again. But if I follow the current rhythm, I'd spend an average of 15 hours in-game per week. Of course I'd end up spending a lot more time online if under a staff duty, as I mostly don't go in-game due to the lack of things to do. Most of the time I'm just driving around aimlessly and chatting on the IRC server.
I may end up inactive because of real world commitments/duties: That would have been true if just a couple months ago. You see, I was kicked from the staff due to inactivity January this year. I was having some...well, some issues related to my identity, combined with my constant depression and paranoia. I was confused about a ton of things. But my time spent outside of gaming was well spent, making a different answer to this question possible, which is no.
I am aware that I have to be active to perform my duties as a staff member: But of course.
I am aware that I have to sacrifice a large portion of my play time to help out: Yes. And as I have already stated, staff duties would not only increase my time in-game, but it would also make it actually meaningful, rather than it just being about waddling around trying not to kill myself in a fiery explosion.

My understanding of the English language is: Although I make a few grammar mistakes sometimes, I'd say my understanding of the language is just about perfect.
How many languages can you speak: Two: Portuguese - my mother language - and English (which I ironically end up using far more often than my mother language)
Use a capital letter when sentences start and when somebody's exact words are quoted within a sentence. Capital letters are also used at the beginning of proper names, month and weekday names, language names, and holidays. They are used in a variety of other cases too, such as in a sort of religious terms, book/film/play/etc titles, and historical periods. And oh, let's not forget about the pronoun "I". It should always be capitalized.
Paragraph or more describing yourself and why you want to be a member of CIT staff: I've never been too good at describing myself, but alright, let's give it a shot. Supposing this is also about the usage of the English language, I'll start from what I think would be the proper beginning.

Hello, I'm Flucado. My real name's Rafael (Raphael or maybe Ralph, to mention an equivalent English name), and I'm a fifteen years old high-school student. I have a passion for general knowledge, in special for what concerns the human mind (psychology). Getting to understand things is my greatest pleasure, making subjects such as philosophy and sociology the sweetest things about school for me.
I also enjoy both listening to and playing piano. It's sound is a caress and a relief to my ears and "soul", specially when played along with a violin.
However when it comes to socialization, I'm a little bit awkward. Most of the time I am a train wreck when it comes to social skills, although that's something I definitively have been improving since the beginning of this year.
But apart from all of that, I always try to be nice to everyone who doesn't deserve otherwise - but a lot of bullshit is required to come out of someone for me to believe he deserves being treated badly.
That also brings me to one of the reasons of why I want to become a staff member again: Helping people is another great pleasure of mine. No matter who they are, if I can help them in a positive way, I'll try to do so. Others have always been a priority over myself.
As a former staff member, I had the power to make everybody's game more enjoyable, whether by bringing up new ways of entertainment or fixing problems and busting evil doers. I enjoyed doing that, more than the game itself. And now I miss it. My afternoons have been rather empty, only with the company of my books and custom Portal 2 maps. I want to be part of something too. And this community was just perfect at the time, and so I believe it can be again.
To sum up, I want to become a staff member because I both enjoy the duties involved and would like to do something more with my spare time.

I think somebody is cheating so I: I'm not sure if this procedure would be correct at the present time, but when I was staff, if I suspected somebody was cheating, I'd first go after evidence that cheating was a possibility to then either investigate further by myself or contact a higher level staff member with enough power to proceed accordingly.
This question was a little hard for me, there are just so many different possible situations with such a variety of possible responses I couldn't really find a general formula to dealing with this. That was the best I could come up with.
A player is shouting for help in main chat so I: Considering shouting in main chat now is somewhat expensive, I'd either attempt contact with the player or immediately warp to him (most of the times invisible, if by any chance the matter at hand would to be trolling, flaming, scamming, or anything similar), depending on how the player was shouting, and what he was shouting specifically. Again, there is a long list of possible reactions for this. I don't have any default procedures at all, although I do stick by the rules imposed.
A player insults me so I: It depends on how he speaks it out and how true his words might be. I generally pay attention to criticism disregard of where it comes from. So unless the insult comes out merely as a raging reaction for a punishment or is just outright disrespectful, I'll just reply accordingly, without losing my temper and trying to reason with the maturity I'm supposed to have. Otherwise, I'd either give the player a warning about rule #8 or mute him for the appropriate amount of time - if he happened to do the flaming in a public chat rather than in private.
A player asks me to give them some money so I: Honestly, if the guy is really in need of it for something of immediate importance and asks it politely from me - as a player rather than a staff member -, I'd probably just send him the cash. But most of the time this isn't the case, so I'd have to stick with rule #7 and mute him for the appropriate amount of time.
Somebody is cheating but I can't ban them so I: Immediately contact a higher level staff member to ban him for me, as I admin-jail him for an indefinite time to keep him at bay, while also briefly explaining the situation to the said cheater to avoid possible future conflicts.
I have found a bug which gives free money so I: Immediately contact a staff member with a level high enough to disable the bugged resource as I fill in a bug report. If possible and if allowed, I'd attempt to further investigate for people who might have abused the bug through the use of the various action logs available.

I agree that I will not behave in an immature or immoral manner: Yes, I agree.
I agree that any rights given to me will be used for only what they are intended for: Yes, I agree.
I agree not to act in a negligent, insulting or unfair way to people: Yes, I agree.
I agree not to compromise the security of anything I may have access to: Yes, I agree.
I agree to be honest and not jump to conclusions: Yes, agreed.
I agree to act disappropriately at all times and set no good example: That'd be sort of contradicting, I disagree.
I agree to remain loyal to CIT throughout my membership as staff: Yes, I agree.
I agree to abuse all my administrative rights: I don't agree at all.
I agree to contact CIT leadership when I am unsure of something: At all times.
I agree to follow all requests made by CIT leadership: Yes, agreed.
I agree that my membership of CIT staff may be terminated for breaking an agreement: Agreed.
I agree that any actions performed on my account(s) are my responsibility: Yes, I agree.
I agree that the information on this application is correct and truthful: That was my priority here, so yes, agreed.

One last thing I think I should mention: I have attempted getting back to the staff team earlier this year, but my approach was COMPLETELY wrong. I evidently wasn't yet ready to make a comeback, being arrogant as I was. But I hope I can fix everything this time. I did the best I could with what I had to say.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: 05 07, 2012, 06:24:28 pm by Gus »

Offline BabY

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: LiL_BabY
Re: Flucado - Staff Application
« Reply #1 on: 28 06, 2012, 04:28:21 am »
Yes, I won't say old player, I'll say CIT constructor... You was a perfect admin.
I don't know why you left but I think you should be back to the structure of CIT.
Software Engineer
Ex. Staff (x2)
SO, Ex. SO
Wait for 2024

Offline Araa

• Honorable
  • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Outstanders
« Reply #2 on: 28 06, 2012, 04:29:32 am »
I don't know you that much, but what I've heard from trustable people is that you've been an awesome admin and player. If you won't become inactive again, my vote is YES.
Talking, laughing, loving, breathing, fighting, fucking, crying, drinking. writing, winning, losing, cheating. kissing, thinking, dreaming.

This is the way, it's the way that we live

Offline Gonzalo

• Honorable
  • Lua, C#, PHP, HTML & CSS Developer
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: Gonzalo|BNA
  • Squad: SO -Special Ops
« Reply #3 on: 28 06, 2012, 04:30:38 am »
You did a good aplication. You were Staff in the past, and although we never worked together, people says you were good at your job. So I think you deserve another chance. Yes from me
Innovation fuels success

Offline Rusty

• Honorable
  • Forever a CITizen
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Rusty
  • Squad: N/A
« Reply #4 on: 28 06, 2012, 04:43:42 am »
You did an excellent job when you were in the Staff team before, you're helpful, friendly, back to full activity, you put 100% effort into your application.. What more is there to say? My vote is an emphatic Yes!
Need help with something CIT-related? Answers to many questions can be found in the Tutorials & Guides section. If you can't find what you're looking for there, ask about your issue in the General Support / Questions section and someone will be happy to help you.

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #5 on: 28 06, 2012, 05:00:31 am »
I went in "Recent Unread Topics", saw this post, and wanted to say yes from the start. Though, reasons are imperative. Aarrrggh.

Well, here I go. You're one of those community members who are pretty damn valuable. I even remember back in January, I remembered you seemed (not in a way of judging) like one HELL of a person, in a good way. You were helpful, fun, interactive with the players, did the job well, and I'll add, pretty humorously.

In regards to your application, it's one of the best I've seen so far. Almost perfectly written, excessive  -but necessary-  detail, and at least an explanation of the mystery surrounding the beginning of 2012.

You have a big yes from me, my friend.

Mr.Chicken

« Reply #6 on: 28 06, 2012, 06:57:07 am »
Impressive application plus you used to be an awesome Staff member before, you got my yes.

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: 28 06, 2012, 07:25:56 am »
I would say yes, but you aren't that active in game, I don't see you helping in support, and you just came back after noting being on CIT for a while.

I guess everyone else either voted because you are an old staff, or they just don't care how active the staff should be...

Going to say no for now. Until I see more of you in game.

Offline Kavzor

• The Viking
  • Honorable
  • aka IKEA Employee
« Reply #8 on: 28 06, 2012, 08:12:46 am »
okay, I like this guy a lot and he's active (at least when I'm online). He's funny, good knowledge, nice person well I could just continue like this all day long but I hope you understand and that Rusty said ''an excellent job when you were in the Staff team before''. Found that easy to believe so I vote Yes
“Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.”  -- Jack Sparrow

Offline SinovenatoR

• Honorable
  • Hi there ◔◡◔
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 28 06, 2012, 03:02:51 pm »
Very impressive application, much efforts you put into your application made me proud of you, even if you are inactive.
Definitely got my yes, you deserve it, big ship :P

Fin_Jape

« Reply #10 on: 28 06, 2012, 04:01:01 pm »
Impressive application, yes from me.

Offline Dusty

• Outstanding Community Member
« Reply #11 on: 28 06, 2012, 04:08:54 pm »
Although you were inactive, I say yes. Saw you IG making a video bout BR AFAIK (considering this as contributing)

SpongeFin

« Reply #12 on: 28 06, 2012, 06:58:55 pm »
I say yes not because Flucado is very old CIT member, but because he has easily one of the greatest, and more importantly, the SCARIEST avatars here. Lol, jokes aside, I think he would deserve it way more than some others (as a ex-staff) here making application and I really think he will be great add to the CIT staff team.

This comes from a guy who doesn't know him. But really seeing him have Regular Community Member position makes me think, did something went wrong?

Application is perfect, language is perfect. What else do you need?

Flucado

« Reply #13 on: 28 06, 2012, 08:51:10 pm »
I just can't help myself, I have to go a little emotional here. Thank you everyone for the kind words! Really. I sincerely didn't expect anything like what I have just read in here. Even if I end up not being accepted back to the staff team, this was totally worth it. Thank you again =)

Now for some extra boring babbling:

I would say yes, but you aren't that active in game, I don't see you helping in support, and you just came back after noting being on CIT for a while.
(...)

Oh Gus, I've explained all of that in the application itself. I had reasons for not being around, and I'm not
"that" active in-game right now because I honestly don't have much to do in there alone. I mostly get online just to ride around talking to people and sometimes taking strangers around. But if I had staff duties, this would be completely different. Well, not really, I would still ride around aimlessly, but then I'd have actual things to do in-game, thus increasing my "playtime".

About helping in Support, well, there are so many people helping in there already that most of the time someone has already answered somebody's question before I have even completed my own reply. And the way I see it, it would just be annoying to flood the channel with answers that were already given, only differently.

Although you were inactive, I say yes. Saw you IG making a video bout BR AFAIK (considering this as contributing)

Dusty, I realized I wouldn't be able to complete such video, since mescaline doesn't work in interiors - or in the bank, at least. Although I have already planned a whole new machinima, I won't be able to record anything until I'm back to my main desktop. It's a long story.
Not to mention I'm really slow and perfectionist when I'm at this sort of task. It will still take a good while for me to get something done.

I just thought you should know all of this, since you're using these silly video projects of mine as an argument for your positive vote. I don't want any misconceptions here.

Alright, that's it, I guess. Thanks again, everyone (:
Rolling out.

Offline Nico..

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Nico
« Reply #14 on: 29 06, 2012, 12:13:28 am »
Good to see you again, I'd like to say yes for you, I know that you want to come back and everyone deserves a second chance.
I just hope to see you much more active