Author Topic: Disk usage is stuck in 100%. Windows performance is very low  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Spider

• Senior Community Member
  • Have a nice day!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: [CIT]Spider
  • Squad: TurkishAirlines
As you can read from the title of the topic, my disk usage in task manager stuck in 100%. I don't know what's causing this problem but it really slows down my computer. Even right clicking of any folder it takes some time to see the context menu. I have tried to search for solution in google but most of the ways didn't work at all. I'm here to ask you if you've confronted such situation before and if yes how did you fix it? Even when I re-start my PC by shutting it down, the disk usage rises to 100% when it starts.

A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again.

Ex.L2 Staff Member, Guide of CIT, Senior Community Member, Deputy Commander in SAPD and Ex. Eye of SAPD.
is Active currently.

Offline xenonso

• 1 shot 1 kill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: |C|xenonso#KO
  • Squad: KnockedOut
Re: Disk usage is stuck in 100%. Windows performance is very low
« Reply #1 on: 14 10, 2021, 01:31:01 pm »
Try to use any disc diagnostic program, but probably your disk is damaged and you will have to change it. I had similar problem with ssd.
Ex. Polish Translator - Ex. GLM - SCM - Ex. SO

CAMORRA
NorthSideMafia
HoBoS
The_Soldiers
Full_Of_Pain

Offline Spider

• Have a nice day!
« Reply #2 on: 14 10, 2021, 01:46:19 pm »
Try to use any disc diagnostic program, but probably your disk is damaged and you will have to change it. I had similar problem with ssd.
Can you recommend me one for free to test my disk?

A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again.

Ex.L2 Staff Member, Guide of CIT, Senior Community Member, Deputy Commander in SAPD and Ex. Eye of SAPD.
is Active currently.

Offline xenonso

• 1 shot 1 kill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: |C|xenonso#KO
  • Squad: KnockedOut
« Reply #3 on: 15 10, 2021, 07:50:54 am »
Can you recommend me one for free to test my disk?

I think that HD Tune will be ok. You can post screenshots here after diagnostic.
Ex. Polish Translator - Ex. GLM - SCM - Ex. SO

CAMORRA
NorthSideMafia
HoBoS
The_Soldiers
Full_Of_Pain

Offline Spider

• Have a nice day!
« Reply #4 on: 15 10, 2021, 02:58:08 pm »
Well I tried another method to fix this problem. The way was resetting Windows to its factory settings. By this system fully deleted everything expect my files and re-installed Windows 10 again. Unfortunately I lost every applications and most probably games too but at least my disk usage is not stuck at 100%. Windows speed is normal now. And before resetting my laptop, I had a virus which I couldn't find it with Windows Defender anti-virus. The virus always randomly opened some websites whenever I restart it. Now it's gone finally.

In conclusion, I deleted my virus but now I have to re-install all applications that I used before and games too D:.

You can /lock this topic.

is Active currently.