Author Topic: [TUT] How to buy CJ custom clothes and get them to work properly  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Backsage

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Backsage
Ok, so a lot of you guys may have encountered this bug where if you buy CJ custom clothes, it may look fine in the dimension where you're trying out clothes (or maybe not, it could also be bugged-looking over there too). So you buy the new custom clothes and then exit. And then when you're back in the main dimension, you'll notice that your clothes look bugged. You've probably tried going inside some interior and coming out or tried reconnecting in hopes that it would correct itself, but it doesn't. Afaik, this is an MTA bug, so there's nothing we can really do about it. But there is a way to get it to work properly. So I'm gonna show you how to buy CJ custom clothes and get them to work properly.

• Go to a clothes shop, get the CJ skin, and then go to the red marker for CJ clothes.
  • It's probably better to remove all items, so go to the items that you currently have on and left click on them to remove, then save and exit the clothing panel. This is so our custom clothes don't get bugged. If you try buying custom clothing items after removing, you will still be bugged, so make sure to remove all items first, save and exit, and then re-enter.
  • Go back to the marker. Now buy any custom CJ clothes item you want (torso, pants, hats, etc.). Do NOT try on another custom clothing item, not buy it, and then exit. Your clothes will end up bugged. Also, if you re-enter it, try on another custom clothing item, not buy it, and exit, your clothes will still be bugged. If you try buying a custom clothing item, save and exit, and it's still bugged, you may have to purchase it again for it to be fixed. If that doesn't work, you may have to remove that clothing item, exit, and try buying again.
  • In the dimension when trying out clothes, look at CJ. If it still looks bugged, try buying that item or another one of that type again. Exit the CJ clothes panel.
  • Now look at your new clothes. If they still looked bugged, go back to the marker and buy that item again. You don't need to buy all other custom clothing items again, just buying that one clothing item again will fix the bug. Exit out again.
  • The CJ clothes should now look perfect and shouldn't be bugged.

Note 1: You can now enter interiors, back out of it, and reconnect to the server and your clothes will still be perfect.
Note 2: If you change to a job that has a skin that isn't CJ and then quit it, your CJ clothes will now be bugged. So you will have to go back and remove all your clothing items and repeat the previous steps. However, if you change to a job that does have CJ skin and then quit it, your CJ clothes will still be perfect.
Note 3: All of this doesn't apply when viewing and buying original (not customized) CJ clothes.
Note 4: Yes, I am aware that the CJ custom clothes topic is gone. I just made this topic for whoever wants to buy custom CJ clothes. This took a lot of testing.
Note 5: It is probably better to just remove all custom clothing items, exit out, re-enter, and just buy all your custom clothing items twice. So for example, if you buy a shirt, buy that shirt again. And if you buy some pants too, buy those pants again. Then exit.
Note 6: If you change to a non-CJ skin and then switch back to CJ skin, your custom clothes will be gone and they'll just default to the original clothes. If you try buying custom clothes again, it won't work because you'll be bugged. So you'll have to reconnect and try buying CJ clothes again.

Video of how the bug occurs and how to fix it.
Show content
« Last Edit: 23 10, 2022, 12:04:22 am by iFrank »
MTA/Lua scripter, mapper, and modeler.

Offline Malone

• The Artist
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: How to buy CJ custom clothes and get them to work properly
« Reply #1 on: 23 12, 2019, 11:21:25 pm »
Well yea that was needed, great instructions mate.

Offline yanza

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 24 12, 2019, 11:18:31 am »
Well when I use CJ skin so sometimes its probably happen with me so Its really annoying thanks for your support.

Offline Chin

• The Fisherman
  • Senior Community Member
  • Talos guide you!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 13 01, 2020, 05:41:25 am »
I added a video to make it easier to understand. Thank for this guide.

Offline Backsage

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 22 01, 2020, 11:02:50 am »
Just to add, if you change to a non-CJ skin and then switch back to CJ skin, your custom clothes will be gone and they'll just default to the original clothes. If you try buying custom clothes again, it won't work because you'll be bugged. So you'll have to reconnect and try buying CJ clothes again. This MTA bug sucks.
« Last Edit: 22 01, 2020, 11:05:08 am by Backsage »

Offline MacMan

• Everyone is perfect in his own way
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: CzN|MacMan'#039
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #5 on: 22 01, 2020, 01:57:47 pm »
Just to add, if you change to a non-CJ skin and then switch back to CJ skin, your custom clothes will be gone and they'll just default to the original clothes. If you try buying custom clothes again, it won't work because you'll be bugged. So you'll have to reconnect and try buying CJ clothes again. This MTA bug sucks.
@Backsage add it to the topic it's self..
I apologize if I ever was a toxic person in your life, I'm maturing more everyday, correcting my wrongs and slowly but surely becoming a better version for me

Offline Backsage

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: 22 01, 2020, 07:34:24 pm »
Done. Thanks for letting me know.

Offline ShadowZ

• New Community Member
« Reply #7 on: 06 06, 2020, 05:40:26 pm »
hey

Offline ShadowZ

• New Community Member
« Reply #8 on: 06 06, 2020, 05:41:14 pm »
now there's a bug in the CJ skin I will  put a ss , the glass is change to another thing and that all glasses like this and I don't know what to do , screenshot :  https://imgur.com/fi6sVjg

Offline MacMan

• Everyone is perfect in his own way
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: CzN|MacMan'#039
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #9 on: 06 06, 2020, 11:26:58 pm »
now there's a bug in the CJ skin I will  put a ss , the glass is change to another thing and that all glasses like this and I don't know what to do , screenshot :  https://imgur.com/fi6sVjg
Report that bug here
I apologize if I ever was a toxic person in your life, I'm maturing more everyday, correcting my wrongs and slowly but surely becoming a better version for me