Author Topic: [Danzy] Changing the /gps panel  (Read 998 times)

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
[Danzy] Changing the /gps panel
« on: 28 02, 2022, 04:30:44 pm »
I don't think there is anything wrong with the current panel, but I think its organization could be better, since it is necessary to scroll down everything if you want to check a specific category, like Criminal Events (you can't simply type Criminal Events to see it) or even your personal bookmarks. The purpose of the new panel is to make things simpler and visibly more understandable to players who are using it as you will be able to visualize all categories first and once selecting any, you will get a list of places that are related to it:

Show content

Each category should have its own search panel so things don't get confusing and you end up getting results that don't belong in your search category.

These are the necessary tweaks to the current script:
- Only the left side of the GUI should appear when using /gps.
- 'X' button to close should be added to it.
- When selecting the category, it would automatically show the right panel and a list of all places related.
- Rename "User Defined" category to "Personal Places" as I think it suits better.
- "Personal Places" should be displayed at all times, despite not having any places saved, and should always stay on the top of the list (as personal choices are supposed to be a priority). Maybe the text could be 'red' if there are no places and 'green' if there are.
- "Add location" should be only available when using inside "Personal Places" category, so the edit box can be set to 'read only' in other categories and buttons should be disabled.
« Last Edit: 05 03, 2022, 05:15:38 pm by Vampire »
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline Dokt0R

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
Re: Changing the /gps panel
« Reply #1 on: 28 02, 2022, 06:30:53 pm »
Each category should have its own search panel so things don't get confusing and you end up getting results that don't belong in your search category.
This sums up the whole idea, I think. I see no problems with the old one at all, but this one with it's features seems more advanced and comprehensible. (green/red colors for available places, group bases and robbable/ unrobbable shops.. etc)  :tick:

Offline RoMaNa

• GLM - Group Level Manager
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 02 03, 2022, 08:39:28 pm »
Honestly, I feel the old /gps panel seems confusing compared to new players and players, we found it complicated to find places in the old panel very difficult, but compared to this new /gps panel it sure I definitely feel it's much cleaner, much easier to understand than the old /gps we have now. This is an improved /gps panel so it will definitely be better.  :tick:
as MacMiler said the old one is a bit hard and confusing for new players (Newbie) I'm one of them when I joined the server I wasn't know how you use it, but this new panel look great and easy to use for all players also if can Add an option to add a blip to the nearby stores ( Vehicle shop, clothes shop and factory ) for sure Positive 
« Last Edit: 02 03, 2022, 08:42:14 pm by RoMaNa »

Offline Feaxygen

• New Community Member
  • mama im a criminal!
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
  • Ingame: Feaxygen
  • Squad: Forever!
« Reply #3 on: 03 03, 2022, 07:33:37 pm »
Every new day CIT is reaching new players as we can saw , one of their most important problem is trying to find anywhere and I think this problem can be fixed with a new simple panel and I can't see any problems , newness things is good everytime then I vote  :tick:

Offline CJGIANNHS

• DoMinos_Family Founder
  • Senior Community Member
  • League Of Duels Hoster
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: DoM|CJGIANNHS
  • Squad: DoMinos_Squad
« Reply #4 on: 04 03, 2022, 12:42:49 am »
Well yea the current GPS is a little bit complicated, if we make it like u saw us Vampire then yes :tick:
  • My Introduction
  • Proud DSG Founder!
  • Proud DoM L13 Father!
  • Proud Trojans Founder!

Offline Nobody_

• Senior Community Member
  • Just keep swimming
    YearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Noubody
  • Squad: Socios
« Reply #5 on: 04 03, 2022, 02:37:56 pm »
I thought it was a great idea, the old panel is really confusing, but this one is more understandable. Positive  :tick:

Moving up and down, side to side, like a rollercoaster

Darwin97

« Reply #6 on: 05 03, 2022, 12:14:20 am »
Positive but I wish to have a certain tweak

1) What I like in the current panel is how quickly I can look a place up. For example, I want to go to angel pine I just do /gps and search Angel Pine and it sends me there.
So, I wish if its possible to have a tab which has all places which is basically the old panel and its always prepicked whenever you do /gps

Another reason why this above is helpful because some people don't know where certain places are for example if someone was looking for market and he doesn't know its in LS he's basically wasting his time looking for it.

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • The Undeadly Thirst
« Reply #7 on: 05 03, 2022, 05:10:34 pm »
Positive but I wish to have a certain tweak

1) What I like in the current panel is how quickly I can look a place up. For example, I want to go to angel pine I just do /gps and search Angel Pine and it sends me there.
So, I wish if its possible to have a tab which has all places which is basically the old panel and its always prepicked whenever you do /gps
There could be a category called "Everything" or something that shows all places despite of its category, aka current gps panel.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #8 on: 05 03, 2022, 05:12:58 pm »
So you want me to send you the script?
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • The Undeadly Thirst
« Reply #9 on: 05 03, 2022, 05:15:19 pm »
So you want me to send you the script?
Could you please send it to Danzy? He's going to work on it.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: [Danzy] Changing the /gps panel
« Reply #10 on: 05 03, 2022, 05:56:18 pm »
Moved.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Shattah

• Junior Community Member
  • Fᴏʀ Hᴏɴᴏʀ, Fᴏʀ Bʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, Fᴏʀ Sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FɪɢʜᴛFᴏʀHᴏɴᴏʀ
  • Ingame: Sʜᴀᴛᴛᴀʜ
« Reply #11 on: 15 03, 2022, 06:31:43 am »
Totally agreed. I always hated how disorganized and clumped the /gps panel would look. It did the job but I believe this is more aesthetically pleasing as well as offers better organization.

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: 12 05, 2022, 06:27:31 pm »
- Re-designed the '/gps' panel. (Vampire + Danzy)
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.