Author Topic: Restricting the VIP-recovery of huge planes to the airport  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Ptole

• The Belgian
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Ptole
  • Squad: NeXuS/Pigeons
So recently, some players tend to intentionally annoy others by spawning huge planes in gang wars. I believe this can be stopped by simply blocking players from recovering them outside airports.

Which planes would I restrict? Just the AT-400 and Andromada, they're too big to recover in the center of LS/LV.
I suppose this restriction should only apply when you're in LS or LV, this is where gang wars take place, and where people tend to do it the most.

Examples of how annoying this can be:

I'm wondering what the community thinks of this idea, and if you find this bad, what else can we do to stop them?
« Last Edit: 16 05, 2022, 05:54:52 pm by Arran »

Offline Nobody_

• Senior Community Member
  • Just keep swimming
    YearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Noubody
  • Squad: Socios
Re: Restricting the VIP-recovery of huge planes to the airport
« Reply #1 on: 05 04, 2022, 10:43:00 pm »
It's definitely a very important addition to the game, because how would you be able to start flying from that point? Others like Shamal, rustler, hydra, etc, I believe they can do it, but these ones???  :thonk:   :tick:

Moving up and down, side to side, like a rollercoaster

Offline W1TTY

• CIT Radio DJ
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 05 04, 2022, 10:47:11 pm »

It would be an excessive hassle for players that just want to drive airplanes when they're off-road or in the desert or any unoccupied areas to spawn their planes and recover them.

It should go with one of the following, Though:

Option 1: everything is kept as it is, and you just need to report players that use this disruptive behaviour.
Option 2: since it happens mostly in gang wars, you can just simply restrict the plane spawns in hot-zones that gang wars frequently occur at. Or at least restrict the gangster job from spawning airplanes in LS except in LS airport (only for gangsters)

:tick:
Since it was cleared out. I vote positive for the restriction of the AT-400 and Andromada from being spawned in LS and LV except for airports.
« Last Edit: 05 04, 2022, 10:55:33 pm by W1TTY »

Offline Ptole

• The Belgian
  • Honorable
« Reply #3 on: 05 04, 2022, 10:49:52 pm »
It would be an excessive hassle for players that just want to drive airplanes when they're off-road or in the desert or any unoccupied areas to spawn their planes and recover them.
Perhaps the developers could make it so this restriction can only happen in LS or LV (where gang wars take place). So then you can still do your thing in unoccupied areas, I doubt anyone will start flying an AT-400 or Andromada from a regular street.

Offline W1TTY

• CIT Radio DJ
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 05 04, 2022, 10:51:33 pm »
Perhaps the developers could make it so this restriction can only happen in LS or LV (where gang wars take place). So then you can still do your thing in unoccupied areas, I doubt anyone will start flying an AT-400 or Andromada from a regular street.
If that restriction is exclusively for those 2 planes, then yes I vote positive. but if the devs decide to go for all planes, then nope.

Offline Ptole

• The Belgian
  • Honorable
« Reply #5 on: 05 04, 2022, 10:52:55 pm »
If that restriction is exclusively for those 2 planes, then yes I vote positive. but if the devs decide to go for all planes, then nope.

That was the idea yes. I specifically wrote "huge planes", but let me add it to my main post just to make it clear.

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
« Reply #6 on: 05 04, 2022, 10:56:59 pm »
This should definitely be added. There's no reason to spawn big planes in places where you can't even fly (as Nobody_ said) and the images shown above are examples of disruption.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline HomoS

• Regular Community Member
  • ███████||||] 69%
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Mongols_MC
  • Ingame: НσмσS | НσмσZ~
  • Squad: Τнє_Vєℓєиτzαs
« Reply #7 on: 06 04, 2022, 03:45:57 am »
I did saw plane like that before near BR, anyway like what u did said above no reason to recover planes in this routes, and its really very annoying, am giving you my positive vote :tick:

Offline MEGO

• Regular Community Member
  • Rollin' Since 2014
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
« Reply #8 on: 06 04, 2022, 03:53:42 am »
Recovering Huge planes in the middle of a war, In LV or even LS is one of the most annoying, Trollish things that can ever happen to anyone, I'm upvoting this suggestion since a lot of players gets annoyed of this.  :tick:

- You cannot reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth.
(FMSG) [CIT]Farhan[SAPD]: mego best camper fr

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 06 04, 2022, 11:12:19 am »
You already can't fly a huge plane in such places lol, so you can spawn them in the airport only, and it's truly better. And, could reduce the trolling ratio.

Positive.

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Darwin97

« Reply #10 on: 06 04, 2022, 11:35:21 am »
Positive

All they do is be annoying with such planes trying to spawn them so they explode and remove players from certain places. Also, I have faced so much inconvenience while turfing because of FPS drops those planes cause.

Offline Skyscrap

• L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
  • Ingame: [CIT]Skyscrap
« Reply #11 on: 06 04, 2022, 01:47:56 pm »
Restricting the AT-400 and Andromada from respawning while in LS is the best decision in my opinion to solve this issue, since they are huge enough to be spawned in LS streets and as we see in the screenshots if they took place in any street they will block it immediately.

Positive :tick:
Skyscrap added as PAM. (20.01.2022 Ptole + Burner + Brian + Danzy)
Added Skyscrap as Junior Criminal boss (06.05.2023 CB Team)
Skyscrap added as Trial Staff. (14.08.2023 Head Staff)
Discord: skyscrap.

Offline Uzaki

• L2 Staff
  • Born, Live, Die and REPEAT.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Uzaki
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #12 on: 06 04, 2022, 03:05:55 pm »
First and for most, anyone that would vote negative to this and say something like "What if they need to do that.. or they have to for their job.. etc etc" you're clearly a complete imbecile if you say that, cause no way an AT-400 or Andromada would easily be flown or would take off in the center of Each city - SF, LS and LV. Even at airports those airplanes still have a hard time taking off.

Vote  :tick:

Offline Gio.

• New Community Member
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Gio
  • Squad: Undying
« Reply #13 on: 06 04, 2022, 03:06:33 pm »
First of all no one can fly with that big plane in such narrow place and most people are only using it as a block or trolling so this can prevent players from trolling
"In a forsaken world such as ours, there's hardly a person left who hasn't lost a loved one."
~ Shinoa Hiiragi

Offline Egekan

• eggplant
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Egekan
« Reply #14 on: 06 04, 2022, 03:36:05 pm »
Yes why punish people instead of preventing them from recovering these aircrafts in the middle of LS? It is even better to prevent these planes from being recovered if the player is not a pilot imo.