Author Topic: [+] Reduce State Official events limit from 30min to 10min  (Read 2017 times)

Offline KaceM

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: KaceM
  • Squad: CCC
Hello Community!
as everyone know when you win any State Official event you cannot participate again only after 30min
Show content
. 30min is too much  :ree:
my suggestion is very simple my suggestion is reducing the events limit from 30min to 10min.
« Last Edit: 23 05, 2022, 02:13:52 am by TwCafe »

Offline Mask

• The ReNeGaDeS Leader
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYears
  • Group: The ReNeGaDeS
Re: Reduce State Official events limit from 30min to 10min
« Reply #1 on: 09 05, 2022, 01:04:56 am »
When I'm in free time I usually have fun with SO's events, and I really wish there was less time to participate in another event after winning one. Positive  :tick:
There is an old saying that the worst part of hell is not the flames, but the loss of all hope.

Offline BuGsBunny

• AvidaCompany President
  • New Community Member
  • Not tonight, Josephine
    YearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: --
  • Squad: Undying
« Reply #2 on: 09 05, 2022, 02:51:17 am »
ye it will be great if we reduce the limit cuz sometimes only 2-5 civilian players who participating in SO events so what if that those players have already win in SO event and SO start event no one will participate so ye its good if we reduce it :tick:
You must do the thing that you think you can't do

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
« Reply #3 on: 09 05, 2022, 03:50:44 am »
As a part of State Official, I'm here to upvoting, I think the current cooldown which is 30min is too long, and reducing it to 10 min is better, and good enough to make the civilians enjoy the SO events without being disappoint.
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline kitten

• Regular Community Member
  • satosugu
    YearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 09 05, 2022, 06:30:00 am »
It's necessary to have it 30 minutes as there is a little break between each event and there goes atleast 2 minutes. It's better to have everyone at limit than a good player doing all the events and leaving none for the beginners or just not that good players. Mlem himself is a reason for the limit too, there is always one guy who dominates in the SO events no matter the time. Negative. Better leave it as it was for years.

Offline BirdBoy

YearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 09 05, 2022, 07:30:10 am »
To be honest, I don't see why if there is a pro civilian, he cannot participate the state official event continuely?
I'd rather remove the cool down, let me explaint it, we have events from CEM, and /race system, if there's someone bad ass good at winning all events, races, should we block him a while, and tell him that you should participate the event half hour later, nobody wins because of you?
BUT, I agree the cooldown here is for a reason, however 30min is too long. it's glad that Arran refresh the whole SOs, and they're active in most time zone now.
Anyway, I'm voting positive on this suggestion, so we get more participants here.

Darwin97

« Reply #6 on: 09 05, 2022, 12:30:56 pm »
Positive,

30 minutes is a lot and true some civilians are very good so maybe we can make like a ramp up limit? for example if you win a SO event you'll be limited for 10 minutes and then if you win another even in the span of an hour or 2 (numbers can be changed) it will be 20 minutes and then 30 minutes and keeps being 30 minutes if you keep winning events.

Offline Uzaki

• L1 Staff
  • Born, Live, Die and REPEAT.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Uzaki
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #7 on: 09 05, 2022, 04:28:57 pm »
I believe this rooted from my simultaneous Chase event last night, correct me if im wrong. But as an SO, I believe it is indeed too much. Last night as all the chasers had cooldown so even tho they did crash me, no one was registered as the winner. What happened then, it became a CAR DERBY, not a chase.

So BIG BIG POSITVE  :tick:

Offline Jaguar.

• Kai Zen
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: San Andreas PD
  • Ingame: [CIT]Jaguar
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #8 on: 09 05, 2022, 05:29:30 pm »
I have no problem with reducing the limit since 30 minutes is indeed a lot.  :tick:

Positive,

30 minutes is a lot and true some civilians are very good so maybe we can make like a ramp up limit? for example if you win a SO event you'll be limited for 10 minutes and then if you win another even in the span of an hour or 2 (numbers can be changed) it will be 20 minutes and then 30 minutes and keeps being 30 minutes if you keep winning events.

This too can also be an alternative solution.
Not only a group, but family.

Offline SqueX

YearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 09 05, 2022, 06:16:57 pm »
As an SO yes I agree with that, players who join chases want to rejoin but as you know there is a 30 Minute limit, that's too much for us, 10 Minute yes would be an ideal time, At least more people can join the chases.

:tick:
If CIT had been created before MTA, MTA would have been a server of CIT.

Offline Cerberus

• Honorable
  • Punishment Appeal Manager
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Cerberus
« Reply #10 on: 09 05, 2022, 10:38:58 pm »
I don't see why there is a limit in the first place. A State Official should have enough common sense to assess a suitable cooldown period between events.

A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but its persistence.

Offline Pancake

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: Pancake/WeGz
« Reply #11 on: 09 05, 2022, 10:53:53 pm »
I'm voting positive since 30 mins is way too much for participating the event but I agree with 15 mins

Positive,

I'm also supporting this idea its really cool, the more you win events more cooldown you received and this called fair play
#Nathan

Offline Splinter

• CIT Radio DJ
  • Legend's Never Die
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DSA
  • Ingame: Splinter
« Reply #12 on: 10 05, 2022, 01:36:15 am »
we civilians need to separate work time unless 30min or 1 hours so this event give us the time to have the fun and 30min its too much so my vote going to be  positive  :tick:
DL3
CIT Radio Manager
October 19th:Splinter Accepted for JCM. -- WizarD + FMMs
July 26th:@Splinter Accepted for RCM. -- Smart + FMMs

Offline BabY

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: LiL_BabY
« Reply #13 on: 10 05, 2022, 03:57:40 am »
Hello Community!
as everyone know when you win any State Official event you cannot participate again only after 30min
Show content
. 30min is too much  :ree:
my suggestion is very simple my suggestion is reducing the events limit from 30min to 10min.

Well, do you have any supporting statistics, like the average number of State Official events hosted in an hour, or maybe drilled down to the 30-minute span in question?

I don't see why there is a limit in the first place. A State Official should have enough common sense to assess a suitable cooldown period between events.

I'm sure a feature has to account for all types of people and their behavior, it would incite chaos if everyone is assumed to have common sense!

If no statistics will back me up, I'll propose a happy scenario; I'm gonna assume that the average player takes ~1 minute to reach the event's destination. After that ~2 minutes to complete the event's objective(s) and win. If a State Official immediately decides to host another event, give them a modest ~2-minute window of finding another location/setup for the new event, that is if they're really determined and focused on hosting a bunch of SO events. (If there are any sorts of cooldowns on SO events, please let me know!) If State Officials keep on on this for about an hour, you have ~10 SO events hosted in that hour, which gives skilled civilians only 2 chances of winning in these events. Reducing the win cooldown to 10 minutes would potentially make them win half of these events by themselves.

Now after that [theoretical] statistical assumption, I'm really starting to think the state officials should be the ones getting a cooldown, not the civilians! If we apply the 10-minute cooldown on SOs rather than civilians, there'd be ~5 events hosted per hour, if a civilian wins every event they attend, they're gonna win 2/5 of them.

Of course, this won't always be the case, it's an assumption on a happy scenario, but since the suggestion was almost surely inspired by the same happy scenario, let's battle them out together!

I'm not a nerd, it's just that numbers and statistical insights are really important, y'all D:
Software Engineer
Ex. Staff (x2)
SO, Ex. SO
Wait for 2024

Offline ixi910

• Group: CvX by heart
  • Ingame: ixi910
« Reply #14 on: 10 05, 2022, 07:42:03 am »
Well, do you have any supporting statistics, like the average number of State Official events hosted in an hour, or maybe drilled down to the 30-minute span in question?

I'm sure a feature has to account for all types of people and their behavior, it would incite chaos if everyone is assumed to have common sense!

If no statistics will back me up, I'll propose a happy scenario; I'm gonna assume that the average player takes ~1 minute to reach the event's destination. After that ~2 minutes to complete the event's objective(s) and win. If a State Official immediately decides to host another event, give them a modest ~2-minute window of finding another location/setup for the new event, that is if they're really determined and focused on hosting a bunch of SO events. (If there are any sorts of cooldowns on SO events, please let me know!) If State Officials keep on on this for about an hour, you have ~10 SO events hosted in that hour, which gives skilled civilians only 2 chances of winning in these events. Reducing the win cooldown to 10 minutes would potentially make them win half of these events by themselves.

Now after that [theoretical] statistical assumption, I'm really starting to think the state officials should be the ones getting a cooldown, not the civilians! If we apply the 10-minute cooldown on SOs rather than civilians, there'd be ~5 events hosted per hour, if a civilian wins every event they attend, they're gonna win 2/5 of them.

Of course, this won't always be the case, it's an assumption on a happy scenario, but since the suggestion was almost surely inspired by the same happy scenario, let's battle them out together!

I'm not a nerd, it's just that numbers and statistical insights are really important, y'all D:

I’m fairly sure that this suggestion was based off of the event type “SO chase”. In that case, saying that it is winnable within 3 minutes is a very very optimistic assumption. Of course it isn’t impossible, but it generally takes quite a bit longer than that. Sometimes no one at all wins it because the SO was able to outrun them all so that part of your argument is slightly flawed. Also, while SO’s don’t officially have a cooldown to host events, we do have a bank system in place and if that bank becomes empty, which happens relatively fast depending on the prizes that we put, we are also not able to host any events anymore, effectively limiting us until the limit resets. So there technically already is a system in place which limits SO’s a bit. Forcing SO’s to have a 10 minute time limit in between events would be a bad idea in my opinion, cause it can kill the enthusiasm of participants very quickly if they have to wait 10 minutes after each event was hosted.

Now to the actual suggestion itself, I honestly don’t think it’s necessary to decrease the limit. It was added in the first place to give other people a chance of winning the events so it’s not always the same one person winning and this can keep the motivation of other players up. Maybe 30 minutes is too long, I’m not sure, but 10 minutes is definitely too short, considering often times a chase can take up to 10 minutes already. If the limit is going to be lowered, it should be lowered at most to 20 minutes, any less than that and it becomes a bit useless in my opinion. For now though, since the suggestion is to 10 minutes, I will vote negative
I'm going to have to agree with Denos: "I stand with Goku & Coolit. Gave years of their lives to keep CIT active and happy. Screwed over and unjustly kicked."

Who am I? We'll find out in my introduction (updated on 12.05.2020)
ex-Assistant Head State Official -- ex-Punishment Appeal Manager