Author Topic: [+] Reduce State Official events limit from 30min to 10min  (Read 2021 times)

Offline BabY

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: LiL_BabY
Re: Reduce State Official events limit from 30min to 10min
« Reply #15 on: 10 05, 2022, 08:10:49 am »
I’m fairly sure that this suggestion was based off of the event type “SO chase”. In that case, saying that it is winnable within 3 minutes is a very very optimistic assumption. Of course it isn’t impossible, but it generally takes quite a bit longer than that. Sometimes no one at all wins it because the SO was able to outrun them all so that part of your argument is slightly flawed. Also, while SO’s don’t officially have a cooldown to host events, we do have a bank system in place and if that bank becomes empty, which happens relatively fast depending on the prizes that we put, we are also not able to host any events anymore, effectively limiting us until the limit resets. So there technically already is a system in place which limits SO’s a bit. Forcing SO’s to have a 10 minute time limit in between events would be a bad idea in my opinion, cause it can kill the enthusiasm of participants very quickly if they have to wait 10 minutes after each event was hosted.

Now to the actual suggestion itself, I honestly don’t think it’s necessary to decrease the limit. It was added in the first place to give other people a chance of winning the events so it’s not always the same one person winning and this can keep the motivation of other players up. Maybe 30 minutes is too long, I’m not sure, but 10 minutes is definitely too short, considering often times a chase can take up to 10 minutes already. If the limit is going to be lowered, it should be lowered at most to 20 minutes, any less than that and it becomes a bit useless in my opinion. For now though, since the suggestion is to 10 minutes, I will vote negative

Thanks for pointing out the bank. This definitely looks so far balanced from SO's end.

I'll have to second the 15-20 minutes suggestion. As for a 10-minute win cooldown, I'll have to vote  :cros:
Software Engineer
Ex. Staff (x2)
SO, Ex. SO
Wait for 2024

Offline MiDo.-

• Oh no
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DeltaTeam ♥
« Reply #16 on: 12 05, 2022, 04:50:23 am »
I’m fairly sure that this suggestion was based off of the event type “SO chase”. In that case, saying that it is winnable within 3 minutes is a very very optimistic assumption. Of course it isn’t impossible, but it generally takes quite a bit longer than that. Sometimes no one at all wins it because the SO was able to outrun them all so that part of your argument is slightly flawed. Also, while SO’s don’t officially have a cooldown to host events, we do have a bank system in place and if that bank becomes empty, which happens relatively fast depending on the prizes that we put, we are also not able to host any events anymore, effectively limiting us until the limit resets. So there technically already is a system in place which limits SO’s a bit. Forcing SO’s to have a 10 minute time limit in between events would be a bad idea in my opinion, cause it can kill the enthusiasm of participants very quickly if they have to wait 10 minutes after each event was hosted.

Now to the actual suggestion itself, I honestly don’t think it’s necessary to decrease the limit. It was added in the first place to give other people a chance of winning the events so it’s not always the same one person winning and this can keep the motivation of other players up. Maybe 30 minutes is too long, I’m not sure, but 10 minutes is definitely too short, considering often times a chase can take up to 10 minutes already. If the limit is going to be lowered, it should be lowered at most to 20 minutes, any less than that and it becomes a bit useless in my opinion. For now though, since the suggestion is to 10 minutes, I will vote negative
10 minutes in a game is still very long, I am mostly sure that an event takes 5 minutes at max, anymore than that happens very rarely. Plus, 10 minutes is very reasonable for keeping it a competition because why would you want to suspend the person that won just so you can give other people a chance like why can't they just try to win while he's there ?
SO events don't really have a skill gap for the limit to be THIS long so I pretty much support it being 10 mins.

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
« Reply #17 on: 13 05, 2022, 01:46:49 am »
I agree with it , 10 min will be better
@Traxxy Your own reason is needed when voting, or it'll be considered as a useless post, and removed.
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline ixi910

• Group: CvX by heart
  • Ingame: ixi910
« Reply #18 on: 13 05, 2022, 03:12:24 pm »
10 minutes in a game is still very long, I am mostly sure that an event takes 5 minutes at max, anymore than that happens very rarely. Plus, 10 minutes is very reasonable for keeping it a competition because why would you want to suspend the person that won just so you can give other people a chance like why can't they just try to win while he's there ?
SO events don't really have a skill gap for the limit to be THIS long so I pretty much support it being 10 mins.
10 minutes really isnt that long. Depending on the SO and the event type, an event can definitely last longer than 5 minutes, it is not that rare.
And as I've said before, the limit is mainly there to motivate other people so it's not always the same person winning. It might be unintuitive that a limit can motivate people, but trust me, in the past before the limit existed, it was mainly the same person winning the event over and over again, and eventually other people got bored and didn't join the event anymore because they thought from the beginning that they didn't have a chance. And I can guarantee you that this will be the case again, maybe not as much as before since there is still a small limit, but it will still happen again. It's already the case that when certain people are online, that once an event is hosted, they win most of the times and I've seen: "Oh <PlayerX> is online, there's no point in participating" in the team chat before already. Lowering the limit to such a short time is just going to exaggerate that problem and demotivate people. Once less people join, events become unplayed and rarer and eventually useless.
I'm going to have to agree with Denos: "I stand with Goku & Coolit. Gave years of their lives to keep CIT active and happy. Screwed over and unjustly kicked."

Who am I? We'll find out in my introduction (updated on 12.05.2020)
ex-Assistant Head State Official -- ex-Punishment Appeal Manager

Offline KaceM

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Kacem
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #19 on: 13 05, 2022, 11:30:07 pm »
10 minutes really isnt that long. Depending on the SO and the event type, an event can definitely last longer than 5 minutes, it is not that rare.
And as I've said before, the limit is mainly there to motivate other people so it's not always the same person winning. It might be unintuitive that a limit can motivate people
It's very boring when you won an event and wait 30min to participate again
reduce it to 10min will be better and it will make SOs events more active becaouse as I see when someone won an event he wont wait 30min to participate again until the event ends and no one wins it becaouse 30min is too much, if someone always wins events it is good for them to breathe to win events, in the end he is a normal player like other players he didnt have anything special they can to defeat him easily if they want.
« Last Edit: 13 05, 2022, 11:44:06 pm by KaceM »

Offline Tpac

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
  • Ingame: Tpac
« Reply #20 on: 14 05, 2022, 01:56:12 pm »
It may be useful for participants to reduce the duration of the event for a long time to 10 min event  :tick:
TheLast_Resort
Banlieue13

Offline CJGIANNHS

• DoMinos_Family Founder
  • League Of Duels Hoster
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: DoM|CJGIANNHS
  • Squad: DoMinos_Squad
« Reply #21 on: 14 05, 2022, 03:44:03 pm »
I didn't know that since I don't play civilian, but is not logic, even at CEM/Staff event warps we don't have a limit and u have a limit at civilian events? Why, not make sense.
Imo it must doesn't have a limit, but since the suggestion offer about 10mins I will follow it and going positive  :tick:
  • My Introduction
  • Proud DSG Founder!
  • Proud DoM L13 Father!
  • Proud Trojans Founder!

Offline KaceM

YearsYearsYears
« Reply #22 on: 14 05, 2022, 08:25:44 pm »
If you have no experience, don't vote.
as everyone know SOs can do events and if you win an event you can not participate again only after 30min, simply my suggestion is reducing it to 10min it dont need to experience.  :kek2:
« Last Edit: 14 05, 2022, 08:56:53 pm by KaceM »

Offline CJGIANNHS

• DoMinos_Family Founder
  • League Of Duels Hoster
« Reply #23 on: 14 05, 2022, 10:35:06 pm »
If you have no experience, don't vote.

And who are u to tell me not to vote?

@Prince#CupCakes check this SO man  :fp: ;D
  • My Introduction
  • Proud DSG Founder!
  • Proud DoM L13 Father!
  • Proud Trojans Founder!

Offline kitten

• satosugu
    YearsYears
« Reply #24 on: 14 05, 2022, 10:41:11 pm »
Someone who knows how events work and how only the good individuals like Gebeng, Mlem, Ixi, Isdej, Roukas will win events. You even admitted that you don't play as a civilian so how are you supposed to know what's the case in these events? Now I hope this gets accepted to see you all struggle and complain how you can't win an event because the good players have no limit.

You can see a key SO with years of experience and a honourable SO with even more experience than all of you combined vote negative knowing well it's not going to end well

But ye, it's fairly easy to see that you are doing this just for the ranks

Offline KaceM

YearsYearsYears
« Reply #25 on: 15 05, 2022, 05:50:35 pm »
Someone who knows how events work and how only the good individuals like Gebeng, Mlem, Ixi, Isdej, Roukas will win events.
Yes that's right those players who always win SO events because I dont see anyone except them even trying to win an event  :kek4:

I hope this gets accepted to see you all struggle and complain how you can't win an event because the good players have no limit.
Why did u see anyone before complains when someone always wins CEM events ?

You can see a key SO with years of experience and a honourable SO with even more experience than all of you combined vote negative knowing well it's not going to end well
Positive,

30 minutes is a lot and true some civilians are very good so maybe we can make like a ramp up limit? for example if you win a SO event you'll be limited for 10 minutes and then if you win another even in the span of an hour or 2 (numbers can be changed) it will be 20 minutes and then 30 minutes and keeps being 30 minutes if you keep winning events.
« Last Edit: 15 05, 2022, 05:59:57 pm by KaceM »

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
« Reply #26 on: 16 05, 2022, 02:10:23 am »
12 positive, 3 negative votes. Next review will be done next week.
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline CJGIANNHS

• DoMinos_Family Founder
  • League Of Duels Hoster
« Reply #27 on: 17 05, 2022, 12:05:25 am »
Someone who knows how events work and how only the good individuals like Gebeng, Mlem, Ixi, Isdej, Roukas will win events. You even admitted that you don't play as a civilian so how are you supposed to know what's the case in these events?

Because I have a friend and pro civilian and I know how civilian and SO working, and is not one of your mention buddies u state above.
So stop to show like u know everything with a rank u dont even deserve and took it randomly.
  • My Introduction
  • Proud DSG Founder!
  • Proud DoM L13 Father!
  • Proud Trojans Founder!

Offline Prince#CupCakes

• New Community Member
  • Forget the past, I'm for the future! SINCE2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Pri/\/ce
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #28 on: 17 05, 2022, 02:33:54 pm »
Hello community im not an SO but im an old civilian player  30 minutes for next event is to much and the people boring to wait all this time for me 10 minutes or 15 minutes is better and more civs will participate on events and maybe more people join civilian side after this so my vote is positive :tick:

• My Introduction
• Proud WwC Founder!
• Proud Team_Legends Founder!

Offline R0T?

• Junior Community Member
  • خلي بالك عشان أنا لو جيت هديك
    YearsYears
  • Group: Nightshade
  • Ingame: R0T?
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
« Reply #29 on: 21 05, 2022, 12:50:33 pm »
Positive it takes along time when it be 30min, I think 10min good for all  :tick: