Ingame Community > News and Updates

Being pinged when your name is mentioned using @ in any chat.

(1/2) > >>

Angjelo:
Hello Everyone,

As the topic explains itself, I want to suggest something that can be scripted by server devs, if possible. If someone mentions you in any chat using @YourName, you get pinged. I also want to suggest the addition of this feature to be enabled or disabled based on players' preference along with many sounds they want, it won't be a problem if you use the same sound of PMs. If the player who was pinged in X chat is AFK, he should receive the notification same as the SMSs notifications everyone gets when he's AFK.

In my POV, I don't think it would be unsupported by the community because it's a great and enjoyable feature. Please state your vote below :)

Danzy:
/highlights? Or am I misunderstanding something...

It does the same thing, if you put your name inside a highlight it will ping you when your name is mentioned in any chat (you can see obviously), you can even make it send you a desktop notification if you're minimized.
If you got an improvement to existing highlights, sure something can be worked out.

CJGIANNHS:
Well its something good and modern as freezing call it.
I would like to see it ig and have a new script if it's easy to make it.
Totally support this  :tick:

Egekan:

--- Quote from: Danzy on 06 06, 2022, 10:34:17 pm ---If you got an improvement to existing highlights, sure something can be worked out.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Freezing. on 06 06, 2022, 11:03:10 pm ---I know that /highlights exist mate but the @ mention is something more modern and used nowadays. I mean you don't need to put your name somewhere or such, even if he changed his name, just by using @ Freezing in team chat, for example, you get pinged

--- End quote ---

Make it so instead of static pre-defined strings, dynamic inputs can also be assigned to trigger a highlight using some variable names such as :name:, :team:, :occupation: etc.

If you do that highlight gets triggered when someone says your name in chat. Some ideas for variable inputs:

:name: - Your name
:account: - your account name
:listings: - Names of items currently listed in F7.
:group: - Name of your group
:squad: - Name of your squad
:alliance: - Name of your alliance
:occupation: - Current job (could be useful for messages like "is there any Medic/Mechanic?")
:team: - Your scoreboard team name

Danzy:

--- Quote from: Egekan on 08 06, 2022, 10:42:52 pm ---Make it so instead of static pre-defined strings, dynamic inputs can also be assigned to trigger a highlight using some variable names such as :name:, :team:, :occupation: etc.

If you do that highlight gets triggered when someone says your name in chat. Some ideas for variable inputs:

:name: - Your name
:account: - your account name
:listings: - Names of items currently listed in F7.
:group: - Name of your group
:squad: - Name of your squad
:alliance: - Name of your alliance
:occupation: - Current job (could be useful for messages like "is there any Medic/Mechanic?")
:team: - Your scoreboard team name

--- End quote ---
Not bad. Moved to backlogged, something for me to do soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version