Author Topic: [+++] Improvements to /setvehcolor command  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Moons

• FFH El Jefe
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
[+++] Improvements to /setvehcolor command
« on: 21 04, 2020, 09:40:54 am »
Most of you know about /setvehcolor as it's one of the DL1 perks, it gives you the advantage of changing your vehicle color while in your place without heading to a mod shop. So, I was thinking of making some improvements to it as it's kinda not helpful the way it is now.

Here is how it works now: You do /setvehcolor R G B and you should have picked the R G B yourself from /headlights or any other way that helps you to get the R G B

I was thinking of having a GUI open (just like in the mod shop) so that you would be able to change color1, color2 and the color of the wheels, also be able to pick up the R G B at the same GUI.

Here is how to should look:
« Last Edit: 30 04, 2020, 12:15:10 am by Unity »
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it"

Offline Monster

• Regular Community Member
  • Don't be a boss, be a leader.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Monster
Re: Improvements to /setvehcolor command
« Reply #1 on: 21 04, 2020, 10:24:59 am »
I think this is good idea, because it'll help you to get the color which you want (Most of times players want to use special colors) and it's really hard to do that with trying the colors only. Positive.

Former FBI's Director, and current ADV.
Ex INTERPOL squad Overseer and current Advisor
Ex Anti_Riot_Squad Founder

Offline Smart

• Treasurer of Bikers MC
  • When you're dead already, you're free.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Smart|99[Biker]
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #2 on: 21 04, 2020, 10:26:58 am »
That is a good suggestion. It would be better to add this that it would be the same like it is for headlights and that the same gui would be added. When you change the headlights you just simply set the color in the GUI and when you try do do /setvehcolor you need to go on the internet and search for a color RGB so in my opinion that is really helpful if it gets added and in some way it wouldn’t harm anyone.

Positive :tick:
BIKERS M.C

Offline Cristiano

• The One Tapper
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 21 04, 2020, 10:43:19 am »
It's a very simple and useful suggestion. People will be able to do this before they go to the mod shop. Just like the headlights. It's a good way to choose colors freely.

Offline Thunder

• لا إله إلا انت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Thunder
« Reply #4 on: 21 04, 2020, 10:53:18 am »
It's good, why ?
  • DL1 is not useful like DL2 and DL3, so adding this features will improve it very much and will encourage the players to have DL.
  • They can save a color and use it later by using the GUI.
  • It will save time because if someone wants to change his vehicle colors and the wheels too, he should go to the mod shop to change the wheels color, so the current system is useless and this command /setvehcolor is useless for DL1, but with this idea it will be useful for them by avoiding wasting time and they will be happy because they paid money for DL1 and it's useful for them.

Positive.
LEFT CIT
It's not enough place to type my achievements.

Offline Aerith

• The Sharpest
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS /SWAT Team
« Reply #5 on: 21 04, 2020, 12:17:05 pm »
First, DL1 has many features and one of them is /setvehcolor, I don't know why this didn't add. This Feature I'll be helping more without stay check t/headlights and change colors and most of the Donators buy DL for perks and features.
Positive
Le pouvoir ça se prend, ça ne se donne pas.

Offline Harb

• Eagle Eye
  • Group: SAPD
« Reply #6 on: 21 04, 2020, 01:12:41 pm »
I believe this suggestion would cause no harm to any of the players, you got all the options to pick from. This would be helpful to new players as well, most of them are not capable of finding the R G B on their own. This would make it easier on everyone, it would prevent us from keep on checking the headlights panel to pick the color we would like to have on. We're going to have access to pick the shade while it's presented on the car which help us find the most suitable color. It's going to also prevent people from visiting the modification shop in order to change their wheels, which could take a lot of time if it's crowded.

'Wisely, and slow. They stumble that run fast. - William Shakespeare.

Offline Gee

• Man of sin
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
« Reply #7 on: 21 04, 2020, 07:49:48 pm »
I agree with that. This would be a smarter way for players to pick the color they would like to have, even if they don’t know it’s RGB, since most of them suffer from getting a specific color. Also I’d like to see this feature applied to group/squad chat color in settings, because we face this hindrance while trying to change it as well.

Offline Dragon

• أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: c$
  • Squad: op
« Reply #8 on: 21 04, 2020, 08:05:45 pm »
I've been facing this problem from a long time, Whenever I use /svc (in apartments) it only changes the main color and the other one becomes black, that's in some vehicles which have 2 colors, Adding this would help people alot

But, if you'll keep the current one the way it is now, it'd be better so people don't need to open a GUI to add a color they already know.
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Offline Arthur.

• American Dream
« Reply #9 on: 21 04, 2020, 08:19:59 pm »
This seems much simpler and doesn't confuse players who recently bought DLx, I think this suggestion is much more easier to understand and seeing the way the current RBG system works is too complicated to understand at first and having a simple GUI which would help you with this situation so I would love to see this suggestion get added Positive I would like to mention this that this should also be added in the apartment as well so it would be much easier to use in the apartment and would be very helpful
A True Warrior Never engages in combat, He Avoids it to prevent hurting people, A true warrior ends the conflict with his words, if he cannot, then he raises his fist and rains hell on everyone around him.

Offline Pollux

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Pollux
« Reply #10 on: 21 04, 2020, 08:58:24 pm »
I've been facing this problem from a long time, Whenever I use /svc (in apartments) it only changes the main color and the other one becomes black, that's in some vehicles which have 2 colors, Adding this would help people alot

But, if you'll keep the current one the way it is now, it'd be better so people don't need to open a GUI to add a color they already know.
You obviously don't know how to use /svc, please next time check the usage of it and then post.
The usage of /svc is: Command usage: /setvehcolor r g b (r g b must be 0 to 255) r2 g2 b2 (optional) meaning you can change the first and second color of the vehicle. However I don't really see the usage of this update, nowadays /svc is barely used by players, even I knew about it just recently. If you want your RGB color just get it from /headlights
I think this will be a waste of time for the developers.
Albert Einstein wrote, “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Offline Hamza.

• New Community Member
  • Available for help.
  • Ingame: Hamza
« Reply #11 on: 21 04, 2020, 09:03:30 pm »
I honestly think this is a great idea. You do pay a really big amount to buy the DL1, so having in an improvement of its feature should really appreciate the people who donated for it or even bought it. I would honestly love to see it get added soon.

Positive.
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Offline Moons

• FFH El Jefe
« Reply #12 on: 21 04, 2020, 09:17:42 pm »
You obviously don't know how to use /svc, please next time check the usage of it and then post.
The usage of /svc is: Command usage: /setvehcolor r g b (r g b must be 0 to 255) r2 g2 b2 (optional) meaning you can change the first and second color of the vehicle. However I don't really see the usage of this update, nowadays /svc is barely used by players, even I knew about it just recently. If you want your RGB color just get it from /headlights
I think this will be a waste of time for the developers.

The purpose of this, is to prevent keeping shifting from /headlights to /svc which is kinda annoying if you wanna test the color on the vehicle, this will also increase the benefit of the command as it's one of the DL1+ perks. Noticing from you that you've recently heard of the command, is the biggest proof of why it's kinda not helpful at the moment. Just leave this up to developers to decide whether it's timeworthy or not.
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it"

Offline Lily

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: Lily
« Reply #13 on: 22 04, 2020, 02:06:53 pm »
Although i'm not a donator, yep, this new way will definitely be good, since the player can choose their desired color exactly like we do in the mod shops, without wasting time switching to /headlights or using any other way such as HTML sites or apps, or even losing time going to a mod shop that sometimes are full. Since it's a special perk, it should make things easier for the players that have that benefit. +1
Former Portuguese Helper.
Former CIT Radio DJ.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Workaholic
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #14 on: 28 04, 2020, 11:06:44 am »
Marked as Medium, It needs more support to be marked as High priority
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi