Author Topic: CIT's 10 Year Anniversary  (Read 21113 times)

Offline DEATH

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5thStreetSaints
Re: CIT's 10 Year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: 08 12, 2020, 04:39:31 am »
You know what would be funny - making LS the work city *SF* ; making LV the cop-criminal event city*LS*; making SF the gangster turfing city*LV* just for that day. It'd be interesting and personally i'd no-life the whole day  :D

Will absolutely come back for this.  :-[

Offline TroubleShot

• Life is Good
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: QWER
  • Ingame: TroubleShot
« Reply #16 on: 08 12, 2020, 04:41:22 am »
Got an idea where very old (or older versions) scripts can be run, like that very old CnR event where the criminal side had to plant a bomb and the cops side try to defend it, I don't remember the event name unfortunately.
it was the soldiers vs terrorist you were talkin about :DD its an hourly event @Java

My ideas are:

Road Decorations

Double Pay and Earnlimit

A hit event on LS that will last for hours and ofcourse a Party

Ex. CB

Sons die, Redwood Bleeds

Offline Vishal

• Junior Community Member
  • Group: FightForHonor
  • Ingame: Vishal
  • Squad: Los_Santos_Vago
« Reply #17 on: 08 12, 2020, 05:20:32 am »
My ideas are:
1) Reset the peak to 0
2) Double pay event
3) Road decoration
4) Remove earnlimit for that specific day
- Added aircraft to the rebel base vehicle purchase marker. (Arran + Vishal) Wednesday 21st November 2018
December 19th: @Vishal Accepted for JCM. -- Kuldeep + Ptole

Offline RipsS

• The Ripper Kill them all'
  • Ingame: RipsS
« Reply #18 on: 08 12, 2020, 06:21:35 am »
Hey, wow 10 years... its been a long time.

Well I have some ideas, wave of zombies would be cool, reset the peak to 0 would be cool too and a lot of events that day.
Two Wheels One Love
Added RipsS as Trial Criminal Boss (HCB Team)

Offline K90

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: K90
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #19 on: 08 12, 2020, 07:06:23 am »
Well, I've been using my mind to think about what would be really good for the 10 years aniversary.
Bring back old SF bank robbery.
Double RP and AP for the entire day.
Peak reset to 0 so we can bring back our friends.
CIT timeline, in which me can see all the staff members and honorary players, like founders of the old crazy gamers' gang, etc.
CIT interview with Arran.
We can also stream the CIT movie around made by ScienceDiscoverer, it's on youtube btw.
"In all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other."  Carl Sagan

Offline flowNgamer

• Donator L1
  • You make your own choices
  • Group: BOCA
  • Ingame: flowN
  • Squad: 93BoyZ
« Reply #20 on: 08 12, 2020, 07:17:24 am »
It looks like yesterday that I joined this community it has been great this journey had many down times and some good up times here, my ideas is like every one is saying player peak reset to 0, double pay, decorations, and something new that nobody has said yet, it is to give old players "veteran players" a badge or a rank saying honorable player or like veteran player like other games have when you play for 5 years
« Last Edit: 08 12, 2020, 07:38:35 am by flowNgamer »

- Added flowNgamer as Portuguese helper. (12.01.2021 GMs + Traxex)

Offline Sabfas

• The Entertainer
  • Honorable
  • Luck is the planning you don't see!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The Epsilonists
  • Ingame: Sabfas
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
« Reply #21 on: 08 12, 2020, 07:58:28 am »
Resetting the peak sounds good.. As for the other ideas, I honestly believe such an occasion (Which may never happen again) deserves something worthy of its magnitude. Something that would only happen during that day/week (Flooding the server, special events and whatnot happen every year.. They've lost their charm, at least for something this big.. A one time thing sounds a lot better.. Being a one time doesn't mean it should vanish afterwards).

You may have lost the time to make something really big and special. But I guess it is never too late for something special at least.

*Retrieving the old topics back was a very good idea indeed. What many other MTA servers lack in comparison to CIT is the rich long stretched history. Let's capitalize on that (Or for the sake of nostalgia at the very least). Why not start with retrieving even more, if it is possible? I know your stance on this.. But just a thought!

Offline Scarface.

YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Scarface
« Reply #22 on: 08 12, 2020, 08:14:27 am »
My idea for the celebration of the 10th anniversary

• Decorating the roads, trees, buildings, ect.
  • Adding some new random events like Zombie Apocalypse, Tsunami, Aliens Invasion, some more paranormal events, ect.

???.Only this much for now. I would be thinking for some unique ideas as I get free.  :thonk:

I can't qoute Norman's line, so I would reply like this only

Names of people to be interviewed

• Arran and Brian both
  • Prototype
  • Dream
  • Mukhtar
  • Norman
  • Iron Man
  • Mardigros
  • Mazika
  • Vampire
  • Relerx
  • Dimit
« Last Edit: 08 12, 2020, 08:23:45 am by Mr.Scarface »

Offline Bhairy

• The Fifth Pyramid
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #23 on: 08 12, 2020, 10:28:45 am »
remember that old event when there was a nuclear bomb destorying all the city and everyone should enter the bunker? and everyone was cleaning the city after that.
lets re do this event , it's too old and too good. so it will be good to re do it again
i think u do remember this event @Prototype
« Last Edit: 08 12, 2020, 10:31:35 am by Bhairy »
Proud Ex 5thStreetSaints Leader. The First Gangster group to achieve Level 9.
If you ever need help with anything DON’T hesitate to pm me.

Offline Prototype

• Official CIT ProtoTuber
  • Honorable
  • Your old forgotten friend
  • Group: TaskForce
  • Ingame: Prototype
« Reply #24 on: 08 12, 2020, 10:38:46 am »
remember that old event when there was a nuclear bomb destorying all the city and everyone should enter the bunker? and everyone was cleaning the city after that.
lets re do this event , it's too old and too good. so it will be good to re do it again
i think u do remember this event @Prototype

That event's script has been lost since years. Nobody can start it sadly.
CIT's Non-Official Instagram page: cit_mta

Offline ixi910

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CvX by heart
  • Ingame: ixi910
« Reply #25 on: 08 12, 2020, 11:01:06 am »
In my opinion it would be quite cool if many of the old scripts would be used for that day, provided they still exist. Some people already mentioned some of the old CnR scripts, but I think why not also bring back the old racing script, that existed before 2016 when they were still in main dimension and people could use their own cars and what about the Rebels script. I realize that these scripts were removed for a reason, but since these would only be brought back for a day/week I think it would be nice for the sake of nostalgia.
Though I can imagine it would be kinda hard to retrieve these scripts and implement them, since they would be brought back in a different context. If it's possible, it would be very nice to experience them again for a limited time.

Eh nevermind then, too hard to do, which is understandable.
« Last Edit: 08 12, 2020, 11:20:04 am by ixi910 »
I'm going to have to agree with Denos: "I stand with Goku & Coolit. Gave years of their lives to keep CIT active and happy. Screwed over and unjustly kicked."

Who am I? We'll find out in my introduction (updated on 12.05.2020)
ex-Assistant Head State Official -- ex-Punishment Appeal Manager

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #26 on: 08 12, 2020, 11:08:39 am »
Old gamemodes were removed and their scripts (if available) are so old that some of the functions used there probably don't exist anymore in MTA. IMO you're requesting too much from Arran who said in the first topic that he lost motivation due to server's host fooling around so I don't think he'd add whole gamemodes for a week.
« Last Edit: 08 12, 2020, 11:10:26 am by Brian »

Offline Nuko

• Non Administrative Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Nuko
« Reply #27 on: 08 12, 2020, 11:12:30 am »
I would like to have CITnews interview both Arran and Cheeze. People tend to forget about Cheeze because he doesn't post on forum nor logs in at the game. But I'm very sure he still handles a lot of stuff we (the public) never see.

Then again, even if he doesn't. He was there together with Arran and a few other founding members. Brian could be interviewed as well.

Offline bloodyhell

• glory
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: bloodyhell
« Reply #28 on: 08 12, 2020, 12:30:13 pm »
While scrolling old posts I found this inspiring speech back to 2011 :
I had a dream. A server that was always on the right track, free from admin abusers and people who just didn't care. To reach my dream I had to start from scratch. For a while I doubted my dream, hoping that what we had now was alright. Eventually I had reached my decision, I knew that what I wanted wasn't going to come to me, I had to go out and get it.

The odds against me were huge and the haters were many. Every time I read something negative towards my project my determination got stronger and stronger. People were being negative because they knew that what I was going to achieve was something that they could never achieve. I faced many obstacles in my path, at times I wanted to give up, but I knew if something has this many obstacles, it must be worth it.

It wasn't just my ability to script that got us this far, it was another ability I've always had but never given a chance to use it. Leadership is not a simple task of telling people what to do, that's called management. Leaders make the first step and other people who want the same thing will follow, but thats just the start, there is much more to it.

After just 6 months of going public the server had climbed above all others and at that point it was safe to say that with enough motivation, determination and the right abilities, even dreams can be achieved. Our achievements haven't just helped us, through our server many friendships have been formed amongst players, one of the few unnoticeable achievements.

Do you have a dream? Do you think that you will never be able to achieve your dream? You can either continue to doubt yourself forever or you can try. If your intentions are true then the chance of success is there for you. If you're afraid of failure remember these 2 quotes: "Failure is the only opportunity to begin again more intelligently." - Henry Ford. "I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work" - Thomas Edison.

Even in successful projects like this one I endured many failures of my cause, because failing is normal and as long as you learn from your mistakes every failure is a step forwards. Write down what it is you want to achieve and then make a plan and do some research. Calculate how you can get from your current position to where you want to get to, not in the shortest route possible but the best route.

Dreams aren't easy things to achieve, but with the right mindset almost any thing is possible. Don't wait for somebody else to do it.

Hell of a great job I need to say.. maybe you can make another one after these 10 years ingame and engage with the community it would be great

Offline MaThew~Zika

• Pacing e leading
  • Group: reliQuias
  • Ingame: XaQy
  • Squad: 🤬🖕
« Reply #29 on: 08 12, 2020, 01:32:54 pm »
You know what would be funny - making LS the work city *SF* ; making LV the cop-criminal event city*LS*; making SF the gangster turfing city*LV* just for that day. It'd be interesting and personally i'd no-life the whole day  :D

Why not adding it definitive? adding turfs in SF aswell and be able to use grenades/rpgs/binds