Author Topic: Adding pilot altitude hold for planes  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Adding pilot altitude hold for planes
« on: 02 02, 2021, 11:32:43 pm »
Hello there, there is this utility that I am introducing today, it's just due to role-play and a utility for civilians. This script will make a job like Pilot a bit more fun and interesting, and it absolutely doesn't promote any laziness and it doesn't make a job like Pilot an AFK job.

This script fixes your altitude while flying, you won't go up anymore like you currently do e.g. While flying an andromada, the plane goes up and you have to spend a lot of effort to keep it stable and pointing forward, but with the feature I am suggesting, it will keep your vehicle pointing at a fixed point and it's really fun to rely on a feature like altitude hold for a job like Pilot.

This can also help making neat stunts, beautiful scenes and videos and it's not exploit-able at all. It also has minimum speed restrictions for the feature to work, and it depends on each plane.

Current supported planes are: Andromada, Dodo, Stuntplane, Shamal, Hydra, Beagle, AT-400 and Nevada
« Last Edit: 15 03, 2021, 02:39:01 am by Senza »

Offline HarwoodButcher

• State Official
  • Shut up, sit down, relax.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: HarwoodButcher
  • Squad: Cupcakes
Re: [Civilians] Adding pilot altitude hold for planes
« Reply #1 on: 03 02, 2021, 12:04:32 am »
Going to support the idea. It can be useful for the Pilot job (won't have to keep fixing the plane's altitude), could possibly make some stunts out of it or showoff with it, and even pilots in real life have such things as well.
I'm going to have to agree with Denos: "I stand with Goku & Coolit. Gave years of their lives to keep CIT active and happy. Screwed over and unjustly kicked."

Offline GabreT

• New Community Member
  • Never let anyone know what you're thinking.
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: NSM
  • Ingame: Gabriel
  • Squad: TV
« Reply #2 on: 03 02, 2021, 02:46:47 am »
I have no words about this suggestion at all, but it looks so fun and realistic, i've saw in real life airplanes works like that, with altitude.

I'm Supporting.

Offline Emre

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 03 02, 2021, 09:45:12 am »
Ngl I liked this idea and can be used when you are not a pilot as well. Pilot job is a bit boring when you do it alone but I watch movies while doing it but the attitude gets higher everytime and that's a bit painful to keep it same while doing smth. Positive  :tick:

Offline Mr.Pringles

• CIT Radio DJ
  • aka Abo-Warda | Sanchez Master
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Mr.Pringles
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
« Reply #4 on: 07 02, 2021, 12:58:37 pm »
Yea GTA physics are weird that makes the plane lean downwards by time. This will be a good addition like the /cruise feature. It should be something like /althold so it is used when a player wants to use it. This will make flying Andromeda and AT-400 easier. Positive
5thStreetSaints
The_ReNeGaDeS
CITRadio

Offline sando

• Donator L3
  • ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: sando
« Reply #5 on: 07 02, 2021, 07:12:04 pm »
It could be useful for the civilian side because as Mr.Pringles said GTA Physics are  not that much good that it lead the plane lean downwards ,My vote is Solid Positive. :tick: :thumb:
Good luck with the other votes .
Ex Nothing. :o7:

Offline Smart

• Treasurer of Bikers MC
  • When you're dead already, you're free.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Smart|99[Biker]
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #6 on: 08 02, 2021, 12:32:39 pm »
I love Pilot Job, and that would made my day if it would be added. It's going to be more fun and more realistic in some way. It will also help pilots in some way and of course it is going to be amazing because it's something new. I think Civilian side will love this addition.

Voting Positive  :tick:
BIKERS M.C

Offline Hanns

• Donator L1
  • Staffs nightmare
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: 08 02, 2021, 12:45:50 pm »
The idea is kinda great, I am not an SF player but sometimes when I feel tired I go there and try out some jobs, And the one I mostly like is pilot because it's one of the realistic jobs. Since I am enabling 3D blips on settings, sometimes I see like 3km left to reach the position, Which is kinda alot and the plane isn't that fast so I prefer to switch to google or youtube until I get there, But it's not possible as your vehicle could be fucked up easily, Adding the pilot altitude hold gonna make it more better & fun. So I definitely agree on this.

Offline Impostor

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: Impostor
  • Squad: Hikers
« Reply #8 on: 08 02, 2021, 02:00:42 pm »
I fail to understand how this would not be encouraging AFK working.
If you can just point the plane to your destination's whereabouts and not worry about stalling or erratic gains and losses of altitude, then what is preventing the job from being AFK friendly?

Offline Nepenthe

• The event you don't understand is that I had wings
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: 1337#Nepenthe
  • Squad: Vainglory
« Reply #9 on: 08 02, 2021, 02:21:22 pm »
I just want to say that this suggestion looks very good. I like to drive planes especially a few stunts I do with Hydra. I'd like to say that this trait will work for me and I'm sure it'll reduce plane crashes. My vote positive  :tick:

Offline Cytrx

YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Cytrx
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #10 on: 09 02, 2021, 01:07:33 am »
All planes have Cruise "C" while they don't have an altitude hold or anything from that kind which makes the plane go up and down without even touching the keyboard. And you can test what I'm saying by taking a hydra for example and just press W; You'll figure out that the plane keeps going up until it reaches the Outer space.. Which is totally unrealistic and annoying because it can make you die from having no Oxygen in the outer space, so adding this is necessary in my point of view and I think it would actually be a positive addition to the server and to the Pilot job especially. Positive.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #11 on: 23 02, 2021, 11:42:34 pm »
According to the board rules :
2- If a suggestion doesn't meet the requirements to be marked as Medium Priority after the second review or 14 days, it will be locked.
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
Re: [WIP - Senza] Adding pilot altitude hold for planes
« Reply #12 on: 26 02, 2021, 07:28:04 am »
The script was already submitted, unlocked.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017