Author Topic: Being able to edit in shoutbox  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Master.

• The Temper
  • Honorable
  • Patience ☯
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Master
  • Squad: CSA
Being able to edit in shoutbox
« on: 22 01, 2014, 08:32:12 pm »
So, hey guys. I'm sure many of you were failing in the shoutbox, waiting for a staff to remove your fail, or just sometimes you want to edit your own words, maybe you failed in saying something and saying it again would just spamm the shoutbox, right? So i'm suggesting a feature that allows us to edit our own shouts in the shoutbox or just even to delete them. Would be usefull for all as everyone makes some mistakes in the shoutbox. Not every single second, but still.

Whenever RCM - SCM Edits his shout, it shows "Last edit on XX at XX PM", such thing like this.
Restrictions for RCM and SCM+. RCM can modify his shouts in the shoutbox, SCM can also delete his own shouts.
« Last Edit: 24 01, 2014, 05:04:40 pm by Master. »
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time...

Offline KareemFTW

• Junior Community Member
  • Ingame: KareemFTW
Re: Being able to edit in shoutbox
« Reply #1 on: 22 01, 2014, 08:35:04 pm »
This will be good and helpful as the 2 minutes waiting time for posting another shout blocks you from correcting the mistake but the problem is ''Did you find a suitable SMF mod for this ?''
Deputy Chief of San Andreas Police Department

Helenaaa

« Reply #2 on: 22 01, 2014, 08:36:16 pm »
Not actually needed, imo. Mostly those are just minor mistakes who nobody pays attention at. Also, just think about this for a while: if person1 insults someone in the shoutbox, breaks any rule, he can simply quickly edit it so nobody can see. Abusing, yeah? -1

Offline Master.

• The Temper
  • Honorable
  • Patience ☯
« Reply #3 on: 22 01, 2014, 08:38:16 pm »
Still looking for one, btw today I failed and I couldn't reply for like 5 minutes, replying after 60-80 seconds starts that 120 seconds timer again, that means if you shout within 120 secs, it will re-start untill you stop and wait two minutes, kinda annoying, didn't know about it.

Not actually needed, imo. Mostly those are just minor mistakes who nobody pays attention at. Also, just think about this for a while: if person1 insults someone in the shoutbox, breaks any rule, he can simply quickly edit it so nobody can see. Abusing, yeah? -1
Why do you always start from abuses guys.. every single thing has a solution and in my opinion, nobody would do such stupid thing. Okay, if you think that it would be abusable, why not to put a restriction? JCM + can delete their own shouts, better?

Helenaaa

« Reply #4 on: 22 01, 2014, 08:42:02 pm »
It'd be better if RCM+ can delete + edit and JCM+ can just edit then. Would be more like regular forum posts, except for people without a community rank who can't edit nor delete their shouts. Seems more like it now. Try to find the SMF mod for it as soon as possible though, so staffs can check and decide.

Offline FidoDido

• Senior Community Member
  • Group: BNA
« Reply #5 on: 22 01, 2014, 08:43:39 pm »
Still looking for one, btw today I failed and I couldn't reply for like 5 minutes, replying after 60-80 seconds starts that 120 seconds timer again, that means if you shout within 120 secs, it will re-start untill you stop and wait two minutes, kinda annoying, didn't know about it.

Then is better if you suggest to decrease the time required to send another message.. Also, as Helena said it can be used to troll.

Offline Master.

• The Temper
  • Honorable
  • Patience ☯
« Reply #6 on: 22 01, 2014, 08:47:45 pm »
Then is better if you suggest to decrease the time required to send another message.. Also, as Helena said it can be used to troll.
No need to decrease the timer only because we can't wait sometimes, I just didn't know about that it re-starts every time you try to shout within 120 seconds, anyways. About Helena's "Abuse", RCM+ will be able to Modify their shouts and SCM can also delete them.

It'd be better if RCM+ can delete + edit and JCM+ can just edit then. Would be more like regular forum posts, except for people without a community rank who can't edit nor delete their shouts. Seems more like it now. Try to find the SMF mod for it as soon as possible though, so staffs can check and decide.
Read above, RCM - Can only Modify, SCM - Can also delete.

Offline Master.

• The Temper
  • Honorable
  • Patience ☯
« Reply #7 on: 24 01, 2014, 05:02:45 pm »
hello guys my name is jairus
You may go and introduce yourself, this is not the right board mate. Use General Chat
Good idea but also suggested that the name of the editor is placed under to know who fix the fail of writing
Yeah right, will edit the topic and add it right now.

Trevon

« Reply #8 on: 29 01, 2014, 10:41:03 pm »
Basically nobody gives a single fuck whether you failed in the shoutbox or not, and just be careful while typing, whenever I fail in the shoutbox, I just leave that "fail" people will understand what I wanted to say cause when you fail, you fail in a spelling or something

like instead of saying/typing "how are you?", you say/type "how aer you" but the people get it, and they move on and answer your question, not needed, not required.