Author Topic: [Resolved] More Protection for Armour-ed Vehicles  (Read 3019 times)

Bunny

[Resolved] More Protection for Armour-ed Vehicles
« on: 30 04, 2012, 01:57:42 am »
I think vehicles such as the secure car/enforcer/swat tank and FBI truck should have more protection. Currently, every vehicle can be shot 26 time till it blows up. Lets say you had to pick a vehicle to respond to a suspect, what would be the point of choosing the slower big vehicle rather then the fast vehicle if it only takes 26 bullets to destroy it. The bigger vehicles is bigger, so it has a bigger hitbox too. And the enforcer, only one person can shoot from the vehicle at a time. If you take the rancher, it has better handling,smaller hitbox, and 3 people can shoot from it at once making the heavy armored vehicles useless.

The Securicar is included so normal citizens can buy one if they have the cash.

FBI Truck
50% of the bullets shot into the enforcer shouldn't cause damage to the vehicle. This takes about 52 bullets

Enforcer
 85% of the bullets shot into the enforcer shouldn't cause damage to the vehicle. This takes about 173 m4 bullets destroy it.

SWAT Tank
90% of the bullets shot into the enforcer shouldn't cause damage to the vehicle. This takes about 260 m4 bullets to destroy it  (its a semi-tank, I mean really)

Securicar
80% of the bullets shot into the enforcer shouldn't cause damage to the vehicle. This takes about 130 m4 bullets destroy it.

Notes:
* Securicar is available to the public.
**We could also make longer entrance times. (Heavy Doors)
***Remember, most of these cars are slow and have bigger hit boxes.
« Last Edit: 02 05, 2012, 03:52:18 pm by Arran »

Smith

Re: More Protection for Armour-ed Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: 30 04, 2012, 05:01:15 am »
+1, I fully agree with this, its really realistic, because in real life Police or any kind of Laws use vehicles like this because they are armored and are hard to be destroyed. This should be added.

ohiza17

« Reply #2 on: 30 04, 2012, 05:32:20 am »
+1, I agree it would we nice, also it should be limo in there.

Mike-D

« Reply #3 on: 30 04, 2012, 06:57:21 am »
I agree, it makes no sense that a sports car takes the same damage as an armoured car, or truck, when in RL a truck would crush a sports car, let along an armoured car VS sports car

Monii

« Reply #4 on: 30 04, 2012, 09:14:32 am »
All vehicles take the same amount of damage from bullets, but they take different amounts of damage from crashing, so the crashing side of things won't have to be changed. Just the bullets damage. +1.

Mike-D

« Reply #5 on: 30 04, 2012, 08:26:11 pm »
All vehicles take the same amount of damage from bullets, but they take different amounts of damage from crashing, so the crashing side of things won't have to be changed. Just the bullets damage. +1.

That's actually incorrect, today I was driving a securicar  and I got rammed by a firetruck, went from 100% health to 46% health, just from 1 crash

abdullahrafx

« Reply #6 on: 01 05, 2012, 09:29:50 pm »
Would the tires be invincible, or could they pop? :P

I like this idea about extra protection, it suits the team, tactics, RP. Everything linked to this, just great. :P

Offline Dennis

• Honorable
  • tahtah
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: CPL-Dennis*SWAT
« Reply #7 on: 01 05, 2012, 09:31:20 pm »
I definately agree with this, makes it worth your while to use slow vehicles.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #8 on: 01 05, 2012, 09:44:10 pm »
There is no easy way to do this. So somebody can make a script that does.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Cazomino05

« Reply #9 on: 02 05, 2012, 01:25:00 am »
Script done, just need Arran to come back online.

Monii

« Reply #10 on: 02 05, 2012, 09:57:04 am »

That's actually incorrect, today I was driving a securicar  and I got rammed by a firetruck, went from 100% health to 46% health, just from 1 crash

You got lagslammed by a friggin fire truck. I've tested this with a couple friends by crashing a huntley and a banshee head on into a wall at 50 mph. I can do it again.

This was tested on sa:mp, so if MTA has some script to balance that, then I'm in the wrong.
« Last Edit: 02 05, 2012, 10:00:25 am by Monii »

srbija97

« Reply #11 on: 02 05, 2012, 01:01:21 pm »
+1, I fully agree with this, its really realistic, because in real life Police or any kind of Laws use vehicles like this because they are armored and are hard to be destroyed. This should be added.
+1 for this Idea .But I think that Truck should be more armor-ed 70% maybe