Author Topic: Adjustment to the decline in value of customtitles  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: Cherry|ILC
  • Squad: Cupcakes
Adjustment to the decline in value of customtitles
« on: 15 10, 2021, 11:23:55 am »
Hi all,

As you all know customtitles decline in value by 1% a day. Meaning that after 100 days have passed, people lose their customtitles entirely. As a result of this update, all the money we spend on customtitles is completely wasted (A personal one costs $10,000,000 and one for a group or squad costs $30,000,000).

My suggestion is to cap the decrease of value at a minimum of 20%. This way customtitles still lose their value, but won't be completely gone. If players feel the need to sell their customtitle, they'll still lose a chunk of money. (This would mean that after 80 days, the value of a personal customtitle reaches $2,000,000 and it will stay at that. A group & squad customtitle would have a value of $6,000,000 and it would stay at that as well).

I realise that many players have plenty of cash, but lets not forget that many of us don't.

Offline M3dusa

• degen
  • L4 Staff
  • Gambling connaisseur 🔻
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Medusa
Re: Adjustment to the decline in value of customtitles
« Reply #1 on: 15 10, 2021, 11:36:45 am »
I'm not sure if it was intended to disappear or just depreciate over time, Nuko said the disappearance might be a bug.
But yeah it should have a limit, positive.
Former Former CIT Staff
Head Staff
Retired Police Chief

Seasoned trader? Click me.
Sick of being a 9-5 wageslave? DCA into $AVAX and enjoy an early retirement!
NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 15 10, 2021, 11:58:12 am »
I'm not sure if it was intended to disappear or just depreciate over time, Nuko said the disappearance might be a bug.
But yeah it should have a limit, positive.
"Custom titles will lose 1 percent of their value each day and will disappear after 100 days"

So how is it a bug if the GUI clearly says they will disappear? 100 days passed since that update got added which is what the fuss is all about, everyone lost their titles (who had them prior to that day in July).
A better suggestion would be that the custom titles will drop to $0 re-sale value but not disappear, simplest option since we're keeping the value decrease a thing, as custom titles are a form of draining the millions and billions people have.
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline Babushka

• Regular Community Member
  • Babushito - Gobi
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Babushka[SAPD]
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #3 on: 15 10, 2021, 12:14:47 pm »
When the update was added, people didn't think much about the disappearance but when the time finally came, we finally understood how much money people actaully lost. The group and squad titles which cost $30M are also gone.

I guess one adjustment we can do is to set a 're-new' cost for customtitles for about half of the original price. Example : Players would be able to renew their personal customtitles for $5M after 100 days, and they can retain their customtitle without paying the full amount again.

SAPD Officer | Ex Community Event Manager | ex. ICM | Ex CIT News Headlines Publisher | Regular Community Member

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 15 10, 2021, 03:45:26 pm »
yes, we have money inflation.
Custom title idea will play an important role to fix that so we can make it after 80 or 100 days it costs 0$ but won't disappear so you can't get any refund after 100 days. Positive

xCoders: Daddy, Mark-Jr, Jason, GoldNugget, Rellic, Syfear, Achref, Kikers.

Offline Arnold

• The Secretary
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 15 10, 2021, 04:36:28 pm »
Well I didn't buy any personal title since the new update because it'll be waste of money, imagine losing 10 millions in 100 days just for a title, well i've read your suggestion and I got a question.

The title will keep decreasing until it reach a minimum value which is 2,000,000 for personal? well I like your idea but what about making it $4,000,0000 as the minimum value, its a personal title after all, we gonna lose $6,000,000 and I think that's already enough.
Bikers

Offline Thug

• Group: 18th
« Reply #6 on: 16 10, 2021, 07:09:55 am »
I was going to talk about that update which is really annoying the most of us now and everyone is mad because of that, The new update about the titles is really bad and I don't know who did that tbh I didn't checked also the one who did that was just a rich or maybe bill gates on his self, someone who don't know how many people will lose because of that update, Anyway like what Arnold Said
Well I didn't buy any personal title since the new update because it'll be waste of money, imagine losing 10 millions in 100 days just for a title, well i've read your suggestion and I got a question.

The title will keep decreasing until it reach a minimum value which is 2,000,000 for personal? well I like your idea but what about making it $4,000,0000 as the minimum value, its a personal title after all, we gonna lose $6,000,000 and I think that's already enough.
What he said is enough to lose I think instead of losing the title after paying 10 million

Offline Thug

• Group: 18th
« Reply #7 on: 16 10, 2021, 07:15:00 am »
as custom titles are a form of draining the millions and billions people have.
It's not true, sir, none of us got a billion yet except the top 50 players like Happybrah and these people who donate every second, it's their own choice none of us forced them to donate but the truth is that 70% of us can't donate so don't say that we got billions because we are just a poor players

Offline Smith.

• Senior Community Member
  • Group: FBI
  • Squad: SHERIFF
« Reply #8 on: 16 10, 2021, 08:17:43 am »
Some players have less money, as you say, it's true, but for people with money. I think they might think so. I think most of the players are newbies or old players with little money. May want to sell tags. To make money to buy something else So the idea of ​​getting cash back on sales is at least good for players with less money. positive points  :tick:

Offline STAR

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
« Reply #9 on: 16 10, 2021, 11:28:33 am »
How about make them permanent and unsellable? Once you buy a custom title you can edit it just like normal but you cannot sell it. Or if you think having infinite edits isn't suitable, have it so you can only edit 10 times, to fix a failed color choice or spelling error?

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #10 on: 16 10, 2021, 11:38:30 am »
The real question is why would we ruin such a feature with rather a stupid update???

I am just wondeeing, can anyone tell me why was this update needed in the first place????
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline M3dusa

• degen
  • L4 Staff
  • Gambling connaisseur 🔻
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Medusa
« Reply #11 on: 16 10, 2021, 11:40:45 am »
The real question is why would we ruin such a feature with rather a stupid update???

I am just wondeeing, can anyone tell me why was this update needed in the first place????
I'll go out on a limb here and say it's related to "Ideas to spend money on" topic.
Former Former CIT Staff
Head Staff
Retired Police Chief

Seasoned trader? Click me.
Sick of being a 9-5 wageslave? DCA into $AVAX and enjoy an early retirement!
NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
« Reply #12 on: 16 10, 2021, 12:12:12 pm »

That would be a good reason to start fixing the money inflation CIT has, so making 2m as minimum or even 0$ but I won't lose my customtitle would be a great idea.

xCoders: Daddy, Mark-Jr, Jason, GoldNugget, Rellic, Syfear, Achref, Kikers.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #13 on: 16 10, 2021, 04:52:28 pm »
Just disable the sell button/replace it with delete custom title. That'd be better than making customtitles unusable
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Harshil

• Junior Community Member
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: Harshil
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #14 on: 16 10, 2021, 07:59:48 pm »
https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=375944.0
Here is the link to main suggestion which lead to this update but only half part was added and the other half part which had the limit of 80% was completely ignored and that too with very less amount of community voting. IMO 80% cap like vehicles is best option and even if you want to drain the money from players having the limit set to 20% is fair enough.