Author Topic: Adding a vote button on "races" panel so players can choose maps to race  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Impostor

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: Impostor
  • Squad: Hikers
I've seen multiple discussions about /race queue and there had never been a consensus.
The community also disagrees a lot when it comes down to deciding what sort of races should be added/denied. Many don't like mini-event-like-crazy-stunt-races and many do.

Also, there are so, so many races out there, that if you want to replay a race you just been into, you would have to wait around 2h until that race pops again on queue. That is a major turn-off for those who want to improve their personal best times.

edit:
Original suggestion
Show content
I suggest adding some sort of event that any player can start. They would choose their favorite race ID from the "races" tab from the /race panel and would pay some 100k*. 30s later, that race they chose would start. Anyone that uses /race <id> within that 30s will participate on that same race started by that one player.

Shouldn't interfere in normal /race queue, but, instead, happen concurrently.
There would not be payment for participating in specific races so regular /race remains relevant. Maybe there could be a money prize set and automatically paid by the one who started the event.
Should be able to register a top 50 time.
Should be possible for multiple players to host multiple races simultaneously.

That suggestion would:
– get rid of the drama surrounding the standards a race should meet in order to be added;
– sink millions of cash;
– solve the inconvenience that comes with the long waits between each time your favorite race is happening; and
– allow every player to create a race and have their own map to challenge their friends.

edit:There could be a notification that alerts you when your favorite races are about to begin.
There could be a panel that shows if there are specific races queues taking place.
*Maybe 100k is too hefty as some races are too short.
had a few aspects that would demand an insane amount of work to become true:
Multiple races running at the same time requires a large amount of work.

So I'm adapting this suggestion to Arran's feeback:
It wouldn't be that hard to add "vote" button on race panel and that race will be picked next or later on if other races had more votes. And then return to original cycle if nobody has voted to play any specific map.

Would this be a good solution?
« Last Edit: 03 12, 2021, 04:04:13 am by Impostor »

Offline Otto

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Otto
Re: Alternative race queue for those who want to join a specific race
« Reply #1 on: 14 11, 2021, 02:18:02 pm »
I'm supporting this, got nothing else to add here as its explained well

my goals in cit
donator level 3 :cros: - senior community member :cros: - cit radio disc jockey :cros: - cit news reporter designer team :cros:
cit icm :cros: -cit staff :cros: - cem :cros: - state official :cros: respec :tick:

Offline Dottie

• The Matriarch
  • L2 Staff
« Reply #2 on: 18 11, 2021, 07:05:10 pm »
There are some races that we wanted to push harder and hit better scores but for some reason, you may fuck up your race and fail that purpose and It takes ages (approximately 3 hours ~) race cycle to be reset so we can play that race.

Also, there are some enjoyable races too that we wanted to play it over and over.

This suggestion may solve the issue.

''Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.''

Offline sasheto

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: SashkO#R
  • Squad: Raven_Squad
« Reply #3 on: 23 11, 2021, 01:23:30 am »
Finally a good reason to spend my money on. Positive

Offline Dinçer

• Junior Community Member
  • nene hatun
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Dincer
« Reply #4 on: 24 11, 2021, 02:55:00 pm »
So that we can choose the race we want to play, why don't we bring this feature to the game ? we dont get bored of /race by this way anyway im supporting this idea positive  :tick:
Anlayana...

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
« Reply #5 on: 25 11, 2021, 04:57:25 am »
I'm supporting this and nothing explain  :tick:
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline Laurel

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Laurel
« Reply #6 on: 25 11, 2021, 11:33:14 pm »
To be honest, I didn't see too many player at the /race, without x3 event who will do that, anyways i'll Neutral, i'll decide my final vote later after the see Community members votes.

Offline Impostor

« Reply #7 on: 26 11, 2021, 03:00:47 am »
"To be honest, I didn't see too many player at the /race, without x3 event who will do that, anyways..."

People are not playing as many races as they would if they could choose what track they would race.
That is because there is a wide variety of map types and it is impossible that all of these races will please everyone.
So then we have people playing a few races and then quitting it as soon as a batch of maps they dislike comes to the cycle.

The premise of this suggestion is that people would race more often if they were able to host or join lobbies for the maps they do like.

Offline Otto

• Ingame: Otto
« Reply #8 on: 26 11, 2021, 05:24:28 am »
To be honest, I didn't see too many player at the /race, without x3 event who will do that, anyways i'll Neutral, i'll decide my final vote later after the see Community members votes.

Races are not even rewarding you with money anymore, did you ever join one in the past two months?

my goals in cit
donator level 3 :cros: - senior community member :cros: - cit radio disc jockey :cros: - cit news reporter designer team :cros:
cit icm :cros: -cit staff :cros: - cem :cros: - state official :cros: respec :tick:

Offline StarKid

• Races Won: 3,338.
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: StarKid
  • Squad: Akatsuki/HoldOn
« Reply #9 on: 27 11, 2021, 02:01:57 am »
I obviously support this suggestion.  :tick:
If you look at my profile, you'll see that I was inactive for a year, due to the fact that racing is so weird and the vibe has been killed due those strange bicycle "races".
I was already unhappy with a lot of changes, but what really pissed me off was the fact that bike racing was horrible for the flow and feel, and especially hard for the newbies.
As a player who has won thousands of races on the cit, I have the authority to say that bicycle "racing"(its a parkour thing) spoils this feature for everyone.
A whole category of gameplay has been purged from the server because of it. Let the players choose if they want to do some complicated, slow paced and hard bicycle parkour or actually have fun calculating corners and feeling the grip of the tarmac.
If approved, I'll think about playing back at cit.
🅲🅸🆃 🆆🅸🅻🅻 🅾🅽🅻🆈 🆂🆄🆁🆅🅸🆅🅴 🅸🅵 🅸🆃 🆄🅽🅳🅾🅴🆂 🅿🅰🆂🆃 🅼🅸🆂🆃🅰🅺🅴🆂

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #10 on: 28 11, 2021, 08:05:37 pm »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Impostor

« Reply #11 on: 30 11, 2021, 01:09:13 am »

I understand.
No one wants to put a lot of effort on something that they don't know if it's gonna be effectively enjoyed by other people or not.

I can relate: mapping races properly requires a large amount of work as well. (hundreds of crashes on a single object to make sure it interacts as intended, building diagonally, theorycrafting drivetrain and vehicle choice, etc)

Imagine being excited about a map you created and not being able to show it to your friends because you gotta wait for the ~2h cycle to meet your race ID and, on top of that, having a chance of having that race skipped because of a somewhat easy to manipulate rating system.

I dare to say that, sooner or later, people won't feel motivated to map races anymore. Except those that don't care about their creations.

I am truly grateful for the mapping system you created. It's just that I see a lot of unexplored potential in it.

Scripting wise, do you think that a single race at a time but being able to choose a map would be a reasonable amount of work for an experimental phase?

If there is no one else signing up for races, then the player would be able to choose races at their will. And having a cool down to choose the next race conditioned by how many other players are signing up would probably be the way to go.

After the player's race of choice is over, the cycle returns to the race ID that would be the following one prior to their intervention.

Offline Wxrdie'

• New Community Member
  • HazardClique Founder
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: 30 11, 2021, 02:07:26 am »
god made his brain , nothing to say , Postive  :tick:

Offline Raffaell

• One of the best sex racers:33
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Mlem
« Reply #13 on: 30 11, 2021, 07:45:11 am »
Mta itself has default command called /votemap. It allows u to call a special menu to choose a map u want to play. So why dont we bring same feature into our server huh? My vote is positive.

Offline Sleuth

• Senior Community Member
  • Dust
  • Group: SWAT Team
« Reply #14 on: 30 11, 2021, 07:33:33 pm »
This seems like an interesting idea for the racing community in the game, even though I thought something like this already existed in-game, I do agree for adding it. although, if adding multiple races at the same time requires much work and could make this suggestion struggle, it could be skipped for the best.