Author Topic: [Resolved] Airport Ladder Markers  (Read 2012 times)

MrSmiley

[Resolved] Airport Ladder Markers
« on: 20 02, 2012, 11:29:41 pm »
Feature: Adding Teleport Markers to ladders

- - - - - - - - - - -
Function: Teleports player from the bottom of the ladder to the top, or vice-versa.
- - - - - - - - - - -

Reasoning: I'd like to think of myself as a frequent pilot. And as a pilot, I naturally see others crash their planes all the times. Usually this is due to self-error, but sometimes it because they're trying to go through some paths that are tricky to navigate. One of the most tricky airports to fly in and out of in my opinion is the San Fierro Airport (Easter Bay) given all it's obstacles and objects, and the way they are positioned. I myself have died one too many times throughout my career as a pilot in this airport because I nicked a post and veered off-course into the water, or someone bumped, or whatever. Now, if your aircraft is damaged to the point of explosion, you usually have enough time to bail out whether it be mid-air (Thank you parachute) or on the ground. The problem lies in what happens after this. When this happens around the SF airport, a good percentage of the time you end up in the sea. And when this happens, you have either two options, you can /kill and do a bike ride back to the airport(about 3 minutes) or you can swim all the way around and then run back to the airport (5-10 minutes). If teleport markers were added to the SF airport at the ladders, it would save us all quite a bit of time. And seeing how this is also a part role-play server I don't think that adding teleport markers to the ladders would be unreasonable at all.

TL;DR Version: Put teleport markers at the top and bottom of ladders for pilots who crash into the freaking sea and have to do a long swim back or /kill and bike back.
« Last Edit: 22 02, 2012, 11:00:49 pm by Cheeze »

IceCube64

Re: Airport Ladder Markers
« Reply #1 on: 21 02, 2012, 01:43:12 am »
+1 from me
Because Ladders Will Be Useless

Offline BlackS

• Senior Community Member
  • Just 100% the BlackS
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: BlackS
« Reply #2 on: 21 02, 2012, 01:53:35 am »
can you give me some locations where ladders should be added? I'll try to make this :)

« Last Edit: 21 02, 2012, 03:41:53 am by BlackS »
- Noobs will be owned
BlackS
- The last Airforce General (GOAF)
- Longest Airforce General (I tought)
- (15/4/2012) - Spent the most on food   TRL-BlackS*SWA

Steve

« Reply #3 on: 21 02, 2012, 06:00:05 am »
can you give me some locations where ladders should be added? I'll try to make this :)

I finished it since I was helping you and you randomly got off IRC and never came back. I also made improvements to what you already had as well as fixed your bugs.

I PM'd it to Tyrone.
« Last Edit: 21 02, 2012, 06:27:14 am by Steve »

black15

« Reply #4 on: 21 02, 2012, 07:16:56 am »
I am neitral but +1

Offline BlackS

• Senior Community Member
  • Just 100% the BlackS
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: BlackS
« Reply #5 on: 21 02, 2012, 01:08:02 pm »
I finished it since I was helping you and you randomly got off IRC and never came back. I also made improvements to what you already had as well as fixed your bugs.

I PM'd it to Tyrone.

Sorry, something happend to my mibbit. Firewall blocked it, idk either why
- Noobs will be owned
BlackS
- The last Airforce General (GOAF)
- Longest Airforce General (I tought)
- (15/4/2012) - Spent the most on food   TRL-BlackS*SWA

Zsolti_HUN

« Reply #6 on: 21 02, 2012, 01:16:56 pm »
I wanted to post the same suggestion. :D So +1. Would be great!

Hashyk

« Reply #7 on: 21 02, 2012, 01:17:41 pm »
Nice Idea +1 for this!