Author Topic: [Resolved] Group members name color should be green  (Read 2887 times)

Crystalii

[Resolved] Group members name color should be green
« on: 08 04, 2012, 09:55:50 pm »
Hello!

As you all know, when you are in a big turf fight and everyones running around. It's very hard to know who is with you and who isn't. This results in team killing and it makes turfing a lot harder. Group blips does not help when u are in near-combat fight.

My idea is that when you go to your settings in CITPhone, there should be a setting that makes all your group members text color green, no matter what they are ( civilians, cops, criminals etc.). Of course this should be disabled at default but those who wants can enable this function when they are about to turf and later close it when they are not turfing, or whatever that pleases them.

We know that there's a similar setting that disables group blips, and it is disabled at default. I suggest the same thing to name colors. The green color was just an example, if scripters want they can choose another color.
« Last Edit: 24 04, 2012, 11:03:24 pm by Arran »

manve54

Re: Group members name color should be green
« Reply #1 on: 09 04, 2012, 09:17:34 am »
I would make it better by this: in CIT phone settng not only for group members name green but all colors you want. :P but +1 from me, I do need this

Offline Cerinsh

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Cerinsh
« Reply #2 on: 17 04, 2012, 09:30:24 pm »
-1 ı think No need it
yeah cuz we couldn't recognize what jobs they're doing...
- Ex. L2 staff member
-Honorary member of SWAT Team
-Ex. SWAT Team Commander

Pac-Man

« Reply #3 on: 17 04, 2012, 09:35:53 pm »
+1 Crystalii, cops shouldn't even comment because they don't even turf. ::) Of course they're gonna say -1. If it can be done it would be great.
« Last Edit: 17 04, 2012, 09:38:15 pm by Pac-Man »

kisho

« Reply #4 on: 17 04, 2012, 09:42:39 pm »
this would be incredibly useful, I like how you suggested that we enable it on the CIT phone. great idea +1

Offline Cerinsh

• Senior Community Member
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Cerinsh
« Reply #5 on: 17 04, 2012, 09:45:23 pm »
+1 Crystalii, cops shouldn't even comment because they don't even turf. ::) Of course they're gonna say -1. If it can be done it would be great.
I didn't gave it -1, but I'm just saying it has a bad side as well :P
- Ex. L2 staff member
-Honorary member of SWAT Team
-Ex. SWAT Team Commander

Ray_Johnson

« Reply #6 on: 18 04, 2012, 09:19:51 am »
I don't know abou this, why not to do ally/group size blips? Like in old times, when the blips was bigger, and occupy the player blip solidly?
+1

Steve

« Reply #7 on: 18 04, 2012, 01:21:10 pm »

It's as simple as looking at their skin, blip color, or name on tab. Blip being the easiest.

Crystalii

« Reply #8 on: 18 04, 2012, 03:28:28 pm »

You can check your map, their skin. And if you really really need to know what job they are doing, just disable it in CITphone settings, see what they are and then re-enable it again. It only takes 2 seconds at top.  As I said, this is going to be disabled at default. But if you want, you can enable it. If you don't like it, leave it disabled.

-1 ı think No need it

How can you say that we don't need it when you are not turfing? Of course when you are chasing after criminals or doing something else in LS or SF, there's no need for this feature. But we that are in LV and fight big fights with everyone running and shooting. It's hard to know who is who.

Remember, the group members name color will only be visible to the one that activates the feature. If you don't like it, just have it disabled. It won't affect anyone.

Offline Kavzor

• The Viking
  • Honorable
  • aka IKEA Employee
« Reply #9 on: 18 04, 2012, 03:48:58 pm »
we don't need it since (correct me if i'm wrong) Criminal groups have 1 skin for their group and the mini-map warns you if someone who is not in your gang are attacking even if they have the same skin. won't support this idea.
“Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.”  -- Jack Sparrow

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #10 on: 23 04, 2012, 04:42:08 pm »
I don't get this. Don't group members already have the group tag?

So why is making their name tag green going to help if you can already see that they're in your group from their name?
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Smith

« Reply #11 on: 24 04, 2012, 04:15:10 am »
Same as Arran said, all players in CIT have nametags with same color of the current team, also from color of most players you would be able to know in which team he/she is, so I don't support it.

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #12 on: 24 04, 2012, 04:33:55 am »
Don't know if you know this, but it's added already. B > Settings. Group members will have green names.

Smith

« Reply #13 on: 24 04, 2012, 04:54:05 am »
Don't know if you know this, but it's added already. B > Settings. Group members will have green names.

Didn't know that, then why this is not closed and moved to Completed Suggestions.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: [Resolved] Group members name color should be green
« Reply #14 on: 24 04, 2012, 11:03:45 pm »
Rick made this. It can be accessed in "Settings 1" in CITphone.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.