Author Topic: CnR/RP/MW --> CnR/MW  (Read 8709 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
CnR/RP/MW --> CnR/MW
« on: 10 04, 2011, 02:21:57 pm »
Seriously, nobody cares about RP. Scripting civilian jobs, business system and other things would be a complete waste of time. This is MULTI THEFT AUTO people want to play cops, criminals, and lunatics that kill everyone!

The answer to the servers problem have been hitting us in the face for months and now I've finally realised: Deathmatching. The fact their are so many deathmatchers doesn't mean the players who play are bad it means our server is bad.

The whole "RP" tag has been keeping us down because we wasted so much time trying to meet the demands of RP so both cops and criminal jobs seriously lacked attention, well no more. The next update to CIT will include no civilian crap. We will also be a unique server from then on as there are no MTA servers that advertise themselves as CnR, they all claim to be RP or RPG and really they're not but they try to be something they can't be.

If you were looking forward to something like the business system then im sorry but there is no way you're going to convince me to make it - if you want something so badly go out and get it, thats what I did and thats why CIT exists.

Because there is such little work on both cops and criminals it is very tempting to start from scratch with those parts of the server but I'll try and salvage what we've got and improve it. Note that we will not be removing anything so if you still want to "RP" you can.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Corleone

Re: CnR/RP/MW --> CnR/MW
« Reply #1 on: 10 04, 2011, 03:02:06 pm »
I would just recommed, the CnR city, LS, should be removed of any civil. jobs markers and transfered to SF*.

The Amazonic

« Reply #2 on: 10 04, 2011, 03:45:37 pm »
Oh man I love this. Indeed it is (almost) impossible to make a real RP server. It's all about CnR. Moving the medic job to SF only would be good, and same could happen with the civilian jobs.
If you want to make money as a civilian, you get the job in SF, and drive around SA (as Trucker, Delivery Man) or do jobs in SF only (Taxi driver etc.) => Like Alien said, yet with some more details :P

Anon.

« Reply #3 on: 10 04, 2011, 06:16:39 pm »
I disagree with this, but agree with Alien's proposal. If it gets implemented, the SF would be good for players to start in when they enter CIT for the first time.

GLAYIS

« Reply #4 on: 10 04, 2011, 06:21:10 pm »
Exactly agree with anon and alien.ALSO!!!!! When we started it was only RP server, many players joined and were happy to play in an RP server, now its removed?!?!?! Try make a vote and see how many want RP to stay and ull know how much ur wrong.

The Amazonic

« Reply #5 on: 10 04, 2011, 06:37:58 pm »
Exactly agree with anon and alien.ALSO!!!!! When we started it was only RP server, many players joined and were happy to play in an RP server, now its removed?!?!?! Try make a vote and see how many want RP to stay and ull know how much ur wrong.

The best idea currently in this thread :D

Offline Mana

• SA News Reporter
  • Senior Community Member
  • Played: CIT Beta 2010
  • Ingame: Mana
« Reply #6 on: 10 04, 2011, 07:35:31 pm »
Removin RP from the name = TOTALLY WRONG
You really should come in-game and see that there are people that go in San Fierro to RP. As Alien said, just move the civilian jobs there, and remove them from LS. I love the RP mode in CIT, don't remove the name please!
Add what ever you want, but don't remove anything, CIT is like a state with democracy, you can RP if you want, if not then don't, and there is no one in San Fierro that would ruin your RP, I love it how CIT is today.
CIT BETA Founding Member.

• Played in CIT Beta, was part of the first humans in CIT. Also first Albanian player in CIT!
  • Ex-CIT Staff (2011), FBI Leader (2012), SpecialForces (now known as ArmedForces) Colonel[ex-Leader rank] (2011).
  • Founder of: Yakuza (2011), San Andreas Carbon |SAC| (2010).

Offline Arran

• Administrator
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #7 on: 10 04, 2011, 07:37:14 pm »
I have 500 hours gameplay and in that time I may have been minimized a lot yes but never saw any of this so called RP, ever. I already said I won't remove anything.

If you were looking forward to something like the business system then im sorry but there is no way you're going to convince me to make it - if you want something so badly go out and get it, thats what I did and thats why CIT exists.

If people really did go to SF and "RP" then I would add the "RP" tag back to the name but really I am not a fan of LYING so the tag won't be on until there is some "RP".
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Bones

« Reply #8 on: 10 04, 2011, 07:52:24 pm »
As I've been saying, the so called "roleplaying" here means jobs, housing, buyable cars. Earning money and spending it. This huge RP deal (like Anon said) called government has been the only thing here which would give reason to have CIT RPG tag in the name. I totally understand Arran's point of view here, he's wasting his time if he makes stuff that isn't being used in the server. For me this sounds bad, I'm here to chill out, chat with people and do a few hydra stunts instead of trying to find ways to kill people (this so called action) with or without breaking the rules. And to be honest this sounds like the server will end up being a place where you can't stand still for 15 without being DMed. I know that this doesn't mean that but it kinda sounds like it.

Other thing that's worth thinking about, there is ONE well known MTA server that can be called RP server. When people look for RP server they want what CIT, SANL & SAES are now, not hardcore roleplaying like in Valhalla. 10 to 1 that 90% of average MTA players do not know what CNR means and they'll go to some RP server to play that same gamemode as but with a familiar name..

Helger

« Reply #9 on: 10 04, 2011, 08:30:42 pm »
what really can be more added to criminals and cops :o