Author Topic: [General] SMS Notification Sound.  (Read 5749 times)

Offline xGreatben

• Junior Community Member
  • Long live the King
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI/Avida
  • Ingame: Greatben
  • Squad: Work
Re: SMS Notification Sound.
« Reply #15 on: 20 10, 2019, 04:38:22 pm »
I've tested with the current notification and indeed it's kinda weird. Sometimes you cannot notice it either even there's a sound notification.

I've dug down the folder before, and I found a sound effect of "iPhone6S" or something like that and it was being used a very long time ago. Not sure when was it being removed or disabled. I don't know.

Therefore, I think allowing players to customize their own notification sound when receiving SMS. It would be better since people can decide what to use on their own.

For now. Voting Neutural
Former MI6 Member serving her majesty's government / Former FBI Director / Traditional HongKonger /First HongKongese State Offical

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: 20 10, 2019, 04:52:25 pm »
I've tested with the current notification and indeed it's kinda weird. Sometimes you cannot notice it either even there's a sound notification.

I've dug down the folder before, and I found a sound effect of "iPhone6S" or something like that and it was being used a very long time ago. Not sure when was it being removed or disabled. I don't know.

Therefore, I think allowing players to customize their own notification sound when receiving SMS. It would be better since people can decide what to use on their own.

For now. Voting Neutural

Alright Greatben, I'll be more specific with you, this "Beep" feature, sometimes it doesn't work at the right way, just like you couldn't hear the sound while watching/browsing, it's something annoying to CIT players, I tested that too. It is good for the staff, PCs, SOs or CBs, is is something important to them to contact their members with SMS'ing. and if you didn't notice that, the player left already.

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline Soul

• New Community Member
  • I Love Potatoes.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Soul-HunTeR
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #17 on: 20 10, 2019, 05:03:59 pm »
Its kinda roleplay lol but its good not bad so I want it also.
Positive
« Last Edit: 22 10, 2019, 03:58:21 pm by Soul »

Offline Louai

• Regular Community Member
  • Welcome to Los Chaos
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ₵Ⱨ₳Ø₴₲Ʉ₳ⱤĐł₳₦₴
  • Ingame: Louai
  • Squad: ᴅʀɪꜰᴛᴡᴏʀᴋꜱ
« Reply #18 on: 20 10, 2019, 06:43:55 pm »
I like it , we need new and simple idea's like this for the server , and it is useful cause you can heard a sound of the sms when you are AFK :tick:

Ex.Pirus Leader | ChaosGuardians Leader
Ex.NKMK CO-Founder
"Someday we will all just be a memory for some people; I just want that memory to be a good one "

Offline Monster

• Regular Community Member
  • Don't be a boss, be a leader.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Monster
« Reply #19 on: 20 10, 2019, 08:05:37 pm »
I like your idea, that will be good way to alert you when you're sometimes busy in another chats. Also, this will make it more real when you're using CIT phone.

Former FBI's Director, and current ADV.
Ex INTERPOL squad Overseer and current Advisor
Ex Anti_Riot_Squad Founder

Offline Dragon

• أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: c$
  • Squad: op
« Reply #20 on: 20 10, 2019, 09:21:09 pm »
It'd be a good idea since there're AFKers who stay near the PC but just doing something else, I believe this'll help lots of people, but I got an idea better, you'll only get this sound from the first SMS only since people can just spam it.
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
« Reply #21 on: 21 10, 2019, 12:57:12 am »
It'd be a good idea since there're AFKers who stay near the PC but just doing something else, I believe this'll help lots of people, but I got an idea better, you'll only get this sound from the first SMS only since people can just spam it.

3 times would be better if he couldn't hear that, Thanks for your suggestion.

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline SkyPeR

• Senior Community Member
  • Discord: SkyPeR#4937
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337 - USNS
  • Ingame: SkyPeR
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #22 on: 21 10, 2019, 01:04:43 am »
The addition of this suggestion can be very good because we cannot see the messages when we are AFK or watching some videos on youtube and those who send us messages can get angry because we cannot see the messages and reply. this suggestion will be very nice for this problem. because when someone sends some messages we will hear an SMS sound and look at the game.

Upvoting

Offline Carl'

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Carl
« Reply #23 on: 21 10, 2019, 04:57:00 am »
Upvote, Because It really help someone, Like If you are AFK or busy while driving so theres a sound to knew what's happening to your phone or somebody sms you.
Work until your idols become your rivals!

Offline FearLess

• The Art of Kindness.
  • Group: Special Forces
  • Ingame: Fearless
  • Squad: INTERPOL
« Reply #24 on: 21 10, 2019, 04:44:50 pm »
Yes I agree with you because I have this problem too. When I was AFK and watch some movie or youtube on website its mean AFK ingame right ?. I have many notification on screen (only SMS) They asked me long time ago maybe 1 hour and I am still AFK and hes/he logged out and I cant answer then. I agree with this because if there are notification for message I think I can answer them quickly.  :tick:

acutally as cook said above this happen with me too so i'm giving you my Positive Vote
"The hated man is the result of his hater's pride rather than his hater's conscience."

Offline Pix Bun

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #25 on: 21 10, 2019, 04:45:37 pm »
This is a great suggestion, many times i'd tab out to watch videos for x hours and I end up with a few upset people whom thought I was either ignoring them or that the server was bugged. Definitely voting Positive on this one.
\;w;/ Gotta do the cooking by the book \;w;/

Offline TheKing-L'NaB

• Messi My Idol
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: TheKing-L'NaB
  • Squad: The_Akatsuki
« Reply #26 on: 21 10, 2019, 06:19:09 pm »
Greetings Community

As title says "Adding SMS Notification Sound feature to CIT"

First of all, I just faced that situation when I was AFK and someone keeps SMS'ing me without knowing about that because I was designing something in the Photoshop, it is personal stuff but I said it to clear my point. So I would like to suggest that adding a new feature to CIT(SMS Notification Sound) because in my opinion that SMS Notification sound can be helpful for all the players and you can know if you got messages or not, you might ask "I can see all the old logs via J" but perhaps that player left the server already..... Especially when you are doing something and you are away from keyboard so you are oblivious about that thing, really annoying. I will give an example about these Notification Sounds...

-

There are many notification sounds like this one, you can make an addition to my suggestion to make it much better.

Maybe there are a lot of players won't support me because they don't like to hear the notification sounds when they are AFK, but simply you can minimize MTA sound then you will be fine.

NOTE: You can disable this feature from /settings

I hope you'll like my suggestion especially this one.

Addition: There are many options on phone to change the ring of SMS. You could find many rings on Youtube or Instagram.

Addition: You'll get the SMS notification sound only 3 times to avoid spamming with this feature. By: MaHMouD#

With my sincere regards
- Lamar

good idea sincerely it would be nice to add a new sound to the notification, You have my +1 :thumb:
<_3 TheKing-L'NaB <_3

Offline Thunder

• Senior Community Member
  • لا إله إلا انت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Thunder
« Reply #27 on: 22 10, 2019, 12:49:36 am »
- Good idea because it will add something funny for the server and it will encourage the players to see the notifications!

- It's worth to be developed and I think it won't hurt anything and anyone, and developing this feature won't take long time.
LEFT CIT
It's not enough place to type my achievements.

Offline Yamsh

YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Yamsh
Re: [General] SMS Notification Sound.
« Reply #28 on: 22 10, 2019, 03:54:18 pm »
Im totally upvoting on this idea, sometimes I went to google to watch some series at that time alot of ppls send me message they think that im ignoring them so playing this sound when getting an sms would be good af.
Hate me, looks like i give a fuck ?

Offline Wassim

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Wassim*SWAT
Re: [General] SMS Notification Sound.
« Reply #29 on: 29 10, 2019, 06:35:41 pm »
Honestly you're right, sometimes this feature "Beep" isn't working because you're lagging but adding a notification sound will be really great idea to fix that, also it won't harm anything cuz you can disable it via /settings.
"Don’t make decisions when you’re angry. Don’t make promises when you’re happy"