Author Topic: FPS problem  (Read 3000 times)

Offline 5th|Altair

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5thStreetSaints
FPS problem
« on: 16 04, 2020, 06:38:34 pm »
So in the past week my fps started to drop from 77 to 52 so I thought it's maybe a problem with my windows so I installed new windows now fps drops to 47 , me and some of my group members facing the same problem our fps was stable at 62 or 77 but now some of us playing on 28 fps ,I was playing and recording on 61 fps stable now I can't even play.

Things I done to fix this problem but nothing worked

1- removed GTA SA and downloaded it again
2- reinstalled MTA
3- tried 3 different windows versions (7,10)
4- did everything on this topic : https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=158399.msg2206829#msg2206829
5- using debug on graphic
6-Downloaded the latest GPU driver updates , also tried to update all my windows drivers but nothing helped

« Last Edit: 16 04, 2020, 06:57:36 pm by Altair »

Offline STAR

• xCode Lieutenant
  • Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: FPS problem
« Reply #1 on: 16 04, 2020, 06:45:39 pm »
Have you tried updating your video drivers? Windows may have messed up your drivers after it updated, so could be worth a shot uninstalling the previous updates and installing the latest one. Here are links for AMD, Nvidia and Intel drivers for whichever one you might use.

I suggest DDUing before you install new drivers, though, it shouldn't be necessary.

Offline 5th|Altair

« Reply #2 on: 16 04, 2020, 06:56:22 pm »
Have you tried updating your video drivers? Windows may have messed up your drivers after it updated, so could be worth a shot uninstalling the previous updates and installing the latest one. Here are links for AMD, Nvidia and Intel drivers for whichever one you might use.

I suggest DDUing before you install new drivers, though, it shouldn't be necessary.
yea I did that already sorry I forgot to add it to my topic

AlGharbi

« Reply #3 on: 17 04, 2020, 02:32:21 am »
^I want to mention also that i'm facing the same problem in my Laptop, I was able to record 61 FPS without a single drop but now I stopped because I cannot record even when im not moving or doing anything, fps drops immediatly to 45-60 but i've tried to look for solutions like making my resolution lower and it did work with me, (I tried 1024x768) fps: 70 - with recording 54-60. Have you tested it?

Offline 5th|Altair

« Reply #4 on: 17 04, 2020, 03:02:35 am »
^I want to mention also that i'm facing the same problem in my Laptop, I was able to record 61 FPS without a single drop but now I stopped because I cannot record even when im not moving or doing anything, fps drops immediatly to 45-60 but i've tried to look for solutions like making my resolution lower and it did work with me, (I tried 1024x768) fps: 70 - with recording 54-60. Have you tested it?
i lowered my resolution to 1280 x 720 it was still dropping but I didn't try to make it 1024x768 ,Just tested it ig and still same problem fps drops to 40-47

the thing is I was recording and playing on 1366x768 resolution now I can't even play due to huge fps drops even if i'm not moving , some of my group mates got the same issue as me their fps dropped to 20-30 and I saw some friends asking what's wrong with the fps on fmsg , not to mention that I can't even move in LS due to the huge fps drops like it drops from 15 to 30 in LS while in LV it drops from 61 to 48

it will be really nice if an administrator helped us with that as I asked like 5 staffs most of them didn't know how to help me
« Last Edit: 17 04, 2020, 04:01:33 am by Altair »

Offline zomb1e

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 17 04, 2020, 06:31:50 am »
So in the past week my fps started to drop from 77 to 52 so I thought it's maybe a problem with my windows so I installed new windows now fps drops to 47 , me and some of my group members facing the same problem our fps was stable at 62 or 77 but now some of us playing on 28 fps ,I was playing and recording on 61 fps stable now I can't even play.

Things I done to fix this problem but nothing worked

1- removed GTA SA and downloaded it again
2- reinstalled MTA
3- tried 3 different windows versions (7,10)
4- did everything on this topic : https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=158399.msg2206829#msg2206829
5- using debug on graphic
6-Downloaded the latest GPU driver updates , also tried to update all my windows drivers but nothing helped

Make max fps 60
Revert back to the old graphic card version when it was running on 70 fps
Disable windows update from services and even if you had it disabled it sometimes turn on by itself
If you downloaded a car/effect/skin/ what ever mod lately or maybe a dll file that shouldnt be supposed to be in your GTA SA folder remove it dk if you downloaded a crack version but some cracked versions come with random files that make yo game fucced up
Try disable your anti virus and play, open MTA and when you get FPS drops open task manager and see which app is taking most power if nothing is shown in the task manager chances are you got a virus nigge enjoy
𝙵𝚁𝙾𝙼 𝙼𝚈 𝚁𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙱𝙾𝙳𝚈, 𝙵𝙻𝙾𝚆𝙴𝚁𝚂 𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙻 𝙶𝚁𝙾𝚆 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙸 𝙰𝙼 𝙸𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴𝙼 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝙸𝚂 𝙴𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙽𝙸𝚃𝚈.

Offline Hanns

• Donator L1
  • Staffs nightmare
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: 17 04, 2020, 02:29:11 pm »
Well, windows 10 takes around 2 GB ram from your computer , But windows 7 takes around 300mb, If you have low ram, I advice you to format your PC to windows 8.1

Offline 5th|Altair

« Reply #7 on: 17 04, 2020, 06:53:13 pm »
Make max fps 60
Revert back to the old graphic card version when it was running on 70 fps
Disable windows update from services and even if you had it disabled it sometimes turn on by itself
If you downloaded a car/effect/skin/ what ever mod lately or maybe a dll file that shouldnt be supposed to be in your GTA SA folder remove it dk if you downloaded a crack version but some cracked versions come with random files that make yo game fucced up
Try disable your anti virus and play, open MTA and when you get FPS drops open task manager and see which app is taking most power if nothing is shown in the task manager chances are you got a virus nigge enjoy
tried everything you said but still the same I tried 2 versions of gta sa as well but nothing worked also  lowered my resolution to 800x600 still getting fps drops

Well, windows 10 takes around 2 GB ram from your computer , But windows 7 takes around 300mb, If you have low ram, I advice you to format your PC to windows 8.1
i'm using windows 7 already.

Offline zomb1e

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: 17 04, 2020, 07:02:45 pm »
tried everything you said but still the same I tried 2 versions of gta sa as well but nothing worked also  lowered my resolution to 800x600 still getting fps drops
i'm using windows 7 already.

If your PC always ran the game with 60 fps and suddenly started getting low FPS changing resolutions wont matter, your FPS should always be 60+ it's either your graphic card is broke like what happened to me if your using a laptop sad you cant replace only option is to buy a new PC/laptop
𝙵𝚁𝙾𝙼 𝙼𝚈 𝚁𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙱𝙾𝙳𝚈, 𝙵𝙻𝙾𝚆𝙴𝚁𝚂 𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙻 𝙶𝚁𝙾𝚆 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙸 𝙰𝙼 𝙸𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴𝙼 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝙸𝚂 𝙴𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙽𝙸𝚃𝚈.

Offline 5th|Altair

« Reply #9 on: 17 04, 2020, 07:49:13 pm »
If your PC always ran the game with 60 fps and suddenly started getting low FPS changing resolutions wont matter, your FPS should always be 60+ it's either your graphic card is broke like what happened to me if your using a laptop sad you cant replace only option is to buy a new PC/laptop
yea it's laptop but the thing is I could play CSGO on 50 fps , LoL on 71 fps , another MTA servers works fine with me as well I just tested 2 servers getting stable fps there.

Offline Nervous

• FBI Director
  • Senior Community Member
  • The sky is the limit
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Nervous[FBI]
« Reply #10 on: 17 04, 2020, 08:26:35 pm »
yea it's laptop but the thing is I could play CSGO on 50 fps , LoL on 71 fps , another MTA servers works fine with me as well I just tested 2 servers getting stable fps there.

Then if the problem is inside CIT, take a look in F1: How can I increase my FPS. A simple guide that is going to help you. I also suggest you to take a look at /settings and check the whole textures settings.

Locking.
A leader is one who knows the way goes the way and shows the way - John Maxwell