Author Topic: Add Minimap Navigation to Bus Driver Stops  (Read 681 times)

Offline BabY

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: LiL_BabY
Add Minimap Navigation to Bus Driver Stops
« on: 13 05, 2022, 04:54:02 pm »
Overview

I've been grinding the Bus Driver job for quite some days, and one thing that oftentimes threw me off during my first exposure to the new routes was not knowing exactly how to reach the 3D blip, and often taking wrong turns. Spending a day or two learning the route will indeed avoid said mistakes, but at the same time, this could deter the new player experience.

Status Quo

Currently, when you start a route, green checkpoints with 3D blips appear for you to guide you to the next bus stop with a red marker. No minimap navigation is present at the moment.

Solution

Add minimap navigation (the green line) for bus stops, to correctly guide you toward the 3D blip. The minimap navigation should be started only when the door closes and we're ready to move to the next bus stop, provided that we didn't end the route at the last stop.

Issues & Risks

If there are multiple alternative routes between two stops, and the minimap navigation chooses one that does not pass through all checkpoints, it could throw players off. An "intermediary point" option between the start and end locations for the minimap navigation could mitigate this issue.
If this option isn't implemented but is required for efficient route navigation, then this suggestion will require more capacity from the developers.
If this option won't be implemented, an alternative solution is to assign the end location of the navigation to the next checkpoint instead. This could be inefficient if the checkpoints are very close to each other.

Example of above issue:
Show content
Software Engineer
Ex. Staff (x2)
SO, Ex. SO
Wait for 2024

Offline Mask

• The ReNeGaDeS Leader
    YearsYears
  • Group: The ReNeGaDeS
Re: Add Minimap Navigation to Bus Driver Stops
« Reply #1 on: 13 05, 2022, 11:12:07 pm »
I have no idea which this is added in the bus driver, it's annoying to get confused and lose the path caused by this. Big Positive  :tick:
There is an old saying that the worst part of hell is not the flames, but the loss of all hope.

Offline SqueX

YearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 17 05, 2022, 08:01:33 pm »
Not a bad idea, A mature player(s) don't lose checkpoints but sometimes even mature player(s) While doing his job on another route may have difficulty, but as you say (rarely) new players may lose stops. I don't think it would hurt anyone to add this.  :tick:
If CIT had been created before MTA, MTA would have been a server of CIT.

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 20 05, 2022, 08:08:46 am »
There's no way to solve the issue of multiple routes to a bus stop (that might avoid the checkpoint), though in case of route 32 it loops around to the country club so you'll reach the GPS mark anyway.

- Added minimap navigation (Press 'N' for directions) between bus stops for Bus Drivers if 'Automatic GPS' isn't set to 'Completely Off'. (Danzy + BabY)
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.