Author Topic: 100,005 threads  (Read 9536 times)

Offline BClaude

• Donator L1
  • Here since Mid-2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: BClaude
Re: 100,005 threads
« Reply #15 on: 24 10, 2013, 07:14:55 pm »
This one!

People are lazy and selfish, if to get something in return they have to put any ammount of effort in, usually they'll do it but a select few won't do it, laziness is just too much of a '' haven '' for them, it's easier for them to watch, sit back and let other people suggest and do things .. it's how some people are.

Either that, or they don't fully know how to make a course or are a bit scared of making something which, doesn't make much sense and upsetting you, despite the '' how to make a course '' guide. Or .. maybe the saddest one, is that people just don't care and don't want to make courses .. I guess those people aren't really that involved with the community so, in that sense you'd be correct.

But we are a community, we have thousands of people on forums who post ideas and bug reports, help others on general support and the helpfull staff who keep the server more or less rule breaker free.

I don't believe CIT is a lie .. if I believed that I'd give up. For one reason or another, not all will make courses .. but that doesn't necesarily mean there's no community at all.

:-\
Well we do have SOME community, but the reality is that this community is weak and dumb.

What community?

If we had a 'community' they'd have sent me some courses, but they haven't after a week. Which leads me to conclude that CIT is actually a lie. There is no community in the community of integrity and transparency.
Seconded.

Not many people are friendly, making conversations or even helping users out. Most are either:

A. Focused on the cash to a degree where conversations is irrelevant,
B1. Dumber than a sack of rocks, or child-like (Ex. a cop kills a criminal even after he does /handsup)
B2. Illiterate (Ex. asking main chat for help, or to yell out "PLEASE KILL ME!!!", Or to do adverts)
B3. Griefers (Such as DMing an owned car in LV)
C. Upset that the server has changed since 2011.
D. [Any reason here]

I was once in the "C" category by Summer of 2012 due to changes, and I ended up on another server, trying to make the server just like the old CIT to no avail. The truth to all those at "C" is that this server has changed, and people should get used to it.

ToXic-SA

« Reply #16 on: 24 10, 2013, 08:11:57 pm »
By that same logic we have 32,267 members and 1,110,762 posts.

stats Total Members: 20689
stats Total Posts: 729020
stats Total Topics: 64956

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #17 on: 24 10, 2013, 08:18:48 pm »
The guide on how to make a course is clear as it shows the paramedic stuff as an example and it's just really, really simple and I've know for years everyone is lazy and won't do shit if it doesn't benefit them directly, which is why since I made the topic, I said I'd give anybody who gets one added VIP. My policy so far is: 2000 hours VIP if I can add it without correcting many mistakes, 1000 hours if I have to spend time correcting many mistakes and if it's just a mess, I'll give feedback on fixing it.

There are how many thousands of regulars? How many people saying "omg courses is such a cool idea!" and how many of them made a course? None. Only me and 2 other staff have made a course that can be added. I was gonna make a farmer one, like about crop rotation, if you pass the course your crops have a higher yield. Then I suddenly imagined the farm. All those players, usually just stood there AFK. To which I thought: Those lazy assholes whore money all day, why the hell should I give up my time so they can whore even more money, they could be writing a course while they're crops are growing, but NOT EVEN ONE PERSON EVEN TRIED. To hell with that, :o leeches.

Well we do have SOME community, but the reality is that this community is weak and dumb.

That's what I'm talking about! I wasted like 2 days making that script and for what? I had to remove my "proud founder of CIT" because I'm not proud, I'm disgusted and I was going to stop wearing [CIT] tag too because it's a lie but it'd just cause script and staff rule problems and cause confusion. I'd never felt so ashamed of CIT until the moment I realised nobody could be bothered making a course, we might have the highest player count by far, but honestly this is a complete joke, and I don't think there's any solution.

How do we attract actual community contributors and get them to stay? Because it seems like we have virtually none. I think I'll just have to stick to scripts that don't require community interaction.
« Last Edit: 24 10, 2013, 08:22:00 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Mashupper

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FightForHonor
  • Ingame: Mashupper
  • Squad: #AC Founder
« Reply #18 on: 24 10, 2013, 09:41:05 pm »
Why must we have so many spammers, something should be done about them

Life is short, make the best of what little time you have left
Achievements: Senior Community Member / Community Map Editor / Minister of Crime / Criminal Boss / Donator L3 / Notable Criminal / FFH Pawnbroker
Mashupper

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #19 on: 24 10, 2013, 10:24:12 pm »
As optimistic as I wish to be, I can see where you're coming from.

I was gonna make a farmer one, like about crop rotation, if you pass the course your crops have a higher yield. Then I suddenly imagined the farm. All those players, usually just stood there AFK. To which I thought: Those lazy assholes whore money all day, why the hell should I give up my time so they can whore even more money

When you put it like that, I can see your point. In some way, albeit not the same-same, I know how you must feel. I think even with a reward such as 2k hours of VIP, players are not passionate like you are or don't care, despite chunky rewards ..

A couple of months ago I thought that CIT's player base quality had gone down, a wave of new players, the type of '' use and abuse '', '' use and complain '' and generally, just nothing like the loyal, caring & passionate people that were part of CIT on the 1st days, weeks and months of it's existance.

A few handfull's of loyal, trusted and smart players left over the course of almost 3 years, for many reasons, school, uni, had enough of gaming or what ever reason. Obviously not all have left, but quite a few have, there's still some old players, but it's dwindling.

Maybe this is not what happened, I don't know, I've only been here 1.5 years so I'm mostly trying to imagine - guess as I'm not part of the original group of people / mindsets who were here when CIT was 1st imagined & created.

I get the impression that there are a medium portion of people who are, cross-armed and do not care or are not bothered about CIT's future - progress, or CIT itself ... I mean, I get the feeling that they just play here for the sake of playing, if there's a forum, they won't get involved because '' f that '' ..

When I first played here, I didn't join the forums untill July, after a pushy as hell Araa sugested I make one. I had the mindset that ... '' This is a game, just play '' and to me, the 1st few days were like playing any other server ( I've played only racing sim servers, unrelated to GTA ) ..

When I had stayed for a while and posted a few 100 times, I realised I wanted to be part of '' this '' and when I became staff, I realised how much more there is to CIT and to everything related and to do with CIT than just players and scripts. I care for CIT, I've always said that I want CIT the best it could possibly be, and when we have bad times, I feel sad, and good times, feel joy .. etc.

There are players like that, who care and contribute but like you said, where are they ..

How do we attract actual community contributors and get them to stay? Because it seems like we have virtually none. I think I'll just have to stick to scripts that don't require community interaction.

What more can you do? You already reward people who make scripts for CIT, you reward people who make courses, you reward people who post constructively and ...

Uhm, I'm not sure.

People will not be around forever, some people will have more or less passion for something, people will have different views, feelings and emotions about anything .. People will come and go, good and bad.

I honestly believe that this is some kind of phase in terms of quality of players, I think in the long run, a portion of those '' lazy assholes '' might eventually start to get more involved and see CIT in a larger picture and actually contribute.

I'll go with the idea that, for all the players we attract, there'll be more lazy, non caring players and about a handfull of helpfull, loyal and contributive players. So in a herd of Sheep, 70 wolves and 30 sheep. Maybe this is pessimistic, but it's what it feels like -sometimes- to me.

I believe over time, this phase of lazy / use n' abuse players, will decline and will balance out.

Arran you've been here more than any of us and have been thru 3 autumns, 3 winters, 3 springs and 3 summers ..

Even if what you make isn't appreciated by all the '' wolves '', there's a large ammount of us who are very gratefull, in that sense I don't think you've wasted your time. You've made something which people would rather play than the most succesfull action adventure game, GTA V.

Is that not something to be proud of?

Right now, I'd rather play CIT than GTA V.

Sorry for the large post, I got a bit carried away  :fp:

Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

reivinDica

« Reply #20 on: 25 10, 2013, 02:10:51 am »
What community?

If we had a 'community' they'd have sent me some courses, but they haven't after a week. Which leads me to conclude that CIT is actually a lie. There is no community in the community of integrity and transparency.

I Dont have words to comment your reply...
We saw alot of changes in this server long of the time.

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Law Representative
« Reply #21 on: 25 10, 2013, 09:40:26 am »
well the problem is, I was trying to suggest a course and ofc I will suggest but nothing was matching like, for Medics, the heal will be faster and for fire extinguisher, it'll help the job too but when I started thinking about these things, nothing was matching, I will suggest something related to Law.

Your words means alot to me, i'll try my best to suggest a good course, not just to get VIP. I wanna show that I am a part of this community.
Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

SPIDY

« Reply #22 on: 25 10, 2013, 11:09:31 am »
Lol Now days too many spammers  ::)  :P Anyway it will make CIT More and More Popular :3

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: 25 10, 2013, 02:57:43 pm »
We do have community contributors, take me and JTPenn as an example even though I'm inactive we've contributed quite a bit, and all the developers in the past has too AFAIK JTPenn has been here a very long time and even though I left I'm still here, and then let's not forget the staff team for their contribution each day

I'm talking about those who aren't developers though, courses are something for the community, you know, the 99.9% of the server that don't script, they are the ones who have the time to make courses.

Also, funny how I just got sent 4 courses after making these posts. Which proves my point exactly, if I have to say such things about the community for anybody to bother making a course it just shows how pathetic they all are.

Offline eXoud

• Junior Community Member
  • Sleep or fall asleep trying.
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: eXoud
  • Squad: NuCleAr_Squad
« Reply #24 on: 25 10, 2013, 03:32:21 pm »
I ceased to try and being an active community member because I'm afraid of being apprehended with negative replies and have my content deemed as garbage. I received a warning on the forums a few weeks ago for the rule #6 which brought repercussions towards my reputation within my group, after that had taken place I promised myself not to post again unless legitimately necessary. I'm literally afraid of being a CIT member.

But that's only my take on the subject.
« Last Edit: 25 10, 2013, 03:35:13 pm by eXoud »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: 25 10, 2013, 03:59:50 pm »
Maybe some people just can't make a course

Did I say I expected everybody to make a course?

presuming that it would get denied or the community would have some shit to say about the person who created it.

Yeah let's not achieve anything in our lives because we just presume everything would get denied or somebody would have "some shit to say about it"! You think this server would even exist if I shared your attitude?

I ceased to try and being an active community member because I'm afraid of being apprehended with negative replies and have my content deemed as garbage.

You must be paranoid.

I received a warning on the forums a few weeks ago for the rule #6

So don't break rule #6.

Offline (Pro)Hunter

• Junior Community Member
  • Only darkness shows you the true value of light.
  • Group: Elite Force
  • Ingame: (Pro)Hunter
  • Squad: SAMD & AS
« Reply #26 on: 25 10, 2013, 04:03:45 pm »
Now that is quite a milestone for CIT. Quite a lot of spammer I do say(mostly one guy with multiple accounts) but I love the fact that this group(if you do not like to call it a community) is growing everyday. I still remember when CIT first started, it was as popular it is now before even. Just happy that I choose to play the server on that one faithful day  :) . And for that I guess we should take a moment to thank all those who made that happen. So thank you to the:
Founders, who made this possible.
Developers, who are making this better.
Admins, who are making it fair.
The community, who are making it the best.

Every small good contribution counts  ;) thats why number matters.
Ex:SAPD - SGT & OTI | Ex:TF | Ex:Armed Forces | Ex:BTP - DCHF

Proud First Generation MTA SA Player | "It's time to hunt!" - (Pro)Hunter
⋙ Back Solely For EF ⋘

Offline ElTongaZ

• Senior Community Member
  • Fly on... Little wing
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: ElTongaZ
  • Squad: Anti Riot
« Reply #27 on: 25 10, 2013, 06:00:49 pm »
Also, funny how I just got sent 4 courses after making these posts. Which proves my point exactly, if I have to say such things about the community for anybody to bother making a course it just shows how pathetic they all are.
Wasn't you waiting the community contribution? You gave your point and 4 players bothered making a course because they understood what you were thinking about the community... And that's how you pay them? Calling them pathetic? You should be happy because those 4 actually changed for good.
And then you don't understand why people don't want to help...
Money is an abstract form of human happiness, so who is no longer able to appreciate the true human happiness, is completely dedicated to it

Spanish Board Moderator | BNA Special Agent in Charge SCU Commander | AR Lieutenant Colonel

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 25 10, 2013, 08:02:38 pm »
And then you don't understand why people don't want to help...

I don't want them to help any more, I already gave up on the idea of there been a community here.

If I wanted help I'd have made a reminder about submitting courses, not rant about how there is no community.

Offline Lucky

• Former CIT Player 2011-2016
  • Ingame: CIT Pensioner
« Reply #29 on: 25 10, 2013, 08:26:44 pm »
What community?

Community: the condition of sharing or having certain attitudes and interests in common.

1: well we are spammers  ;D
2: we all like playing GTA SA  :D

Integrity: the state of being whole and undivided.

I believe that we are not divided and all are equal no matter the wrongs or rights, all will get punished or rewarded equally.

I guess I can call this a FAIL because I can't give an explanation for transparency, would someone else like to carry on?

CIT will always stay with me no matter how old I get, I have learnt many things
« Last Edit: 25 10, 2013, 08:30:40 pm by LuckySlevin »