Author Topic: /gocop for Chief Constable cop (L10)  (Read 12878 times)

Offline DeRip.

• CIT Journal Founder
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: DeRip
  • Squad: CIT Journal
Re: /gocop for Chief Constable cop (L10)
« Reply #60 on: 30 01, 2014, 12:05:19 am »
•You can't use it when you are near a wanted criminal.
That would be a problem, you can always use your jetpack and go away then use /gocop and come back for the criminal also LS full of wanted players so it will be always annoying for us if we're trying to use it while a wanted criminal near us.
we could replace it with:-
You can't arrest any wanted criminal for X mins when u use /gocop
I'll be gone, found a life.

Offline Mukhtar

• The One Man Army
  • Senior Community Member
  • Never give up! Great things take time.
  • Ingame: Mukhtar
  • Squad: ECF
« Reply #61 on: 30 01, 2014, 03:27:55 am »
That would be a problem, you can always use your jetpack and go away then use /gocop and come back for the criminal also LS full of wanted players so it will be always annoying for us if we're trying to use it while a wanted criminal near us.
It can be abused by criminals friend. They will go cop and arrest their friends in those x mints to save them from other cops.

...انت يا هنا عمري..  يا روحي  و آمالي 

Sometimes, when you give up on someone, its not because you don't care anymore, but because you realized they don't.

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • Honorable
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #62 on: 31 01, 2014, 01:57:05 am »

under those circumstances, unable to get a kill arrest, nightstick arrest or bribe someone for a strict timelimit, the feature can basically not be abused anymore I guess. (Or hope)

Offline Stryder.

• Regular Community Member
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Stryder
« Reply #63 on: 31 01, 2014, 02:04:13 am »

under those circumstances, unable to get a kill arrest, nightstick arrest or bribe someone for a strict timelimit, the feature can basically not be abused anymore I guess. (Or hope)

I can't understand what you are suggesting, cops can do their job after using /gocop? No need, this won't prevent any abusable situation, it will just make it worse.

Also, all abusable situations were solved by those restrictions added.

Peruvian player
"Quien no conoce su historia está condenado a repetirla"

Offline Jamie

• Honorable
  • A Ban-Evaders Nightmare
  • Group: Taskforce
  • Ingame: Jamie
« Reply #64 on: 31 01, 2014, 03:28:04 am »
Seems like a good idea with a few checks it won't be abusable.
You have my approval. Nice suggestion
Head Chief of Police
If you have forgotten your IG Account Password. Please Visit the : Account Recovery Board
Consistence is key
It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. (Rocky)

Evil4N

« Reply #65 on: 31 01, 2014, 03:31:56 am »
Upvoted, good suggestion. About time we have something like this.

civilians who use /criminal to free their arrested-friends is propably not abuse either ? The hypocrisy...

Offline Master.

• The Temper
  • Honorable
  • Patience ☯
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Master
  • Squad: CSA
« Reply #66 on: 31 01, 2014, 10:25:56 am »

civilians who use /criminal to free their arrested-friends is propably not abuse either ? The hypocrisy...
Actually police can not directly go crimininal. And what do you mean they can go criminal to free their arrested "Friends" ? It's their choise to jail or not to jail the arrested player, if he breaks any rules, we got our police chiefs and if theyre releasing high wanted level criminal, another cops would just easily come and arrest that guy. That one, who arrested his Friend, can't do /gocop, because he's near the wanted criminal.

Oh, and why not to add "You can't arrest the same player that you released" ? To prevent possibly abuse, after you did /gocop I mean.
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time...

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • Honorable
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #67 on: 31 01, 2014, 11:40:10 pm »

A cop can become unloyal in reallife aswell and point his gun suddenly on his own rows.
It makes him wanted, and without alternatives jailed after a while.

Being a cop is a privilege status and gets you rewarded by arresting a target, with the command you get unfair advantage to achieve that reward.
So it IS abuse.
Thats why I said a timelimit to be unable to arrest for a couple of time after entering that command should be added, which can be theoretically added to /golaw and /gochief aswell if wished by the admins, because if they are not supposed to misuse the command and arrest someone shortly after switching to that job, it doesnt harm them being actually unable to do it anyways, is it?
/golaw and /gochief players basically are trustable enough not to abuse it anyways but checking the list of players who meet the requirements for this /gocop command, adding the arresting timelimit for like 60 seconds is REALLY essential to make sure that feature doesnt have any negative influences on the gameplay and can be added without causing problems.

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Law Representative
« Reply #68 on: 03 02, 2014, 04:50:53 pm »
actually, some of current criminals are having L10Police Stats, they can abuse it and can use the command to help their Criminals mates anyhow. I am neutral because Police chiefs can sack them if they abuse their cop job.

Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

Offline Master.

• The Temper
  • Honorable
  • Patience ☯
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Master
  • Squad: CSA
« Reply #69 on: 03 02, 2014, 04:59:44 pm »
actually, some of current criminals are having L10Police Stats, they can abuse it and can use the command to help their Criminals mates anyhow. I am neutral because Police chiefs can sack them if they abuse their cop job.
They may have 2200 arrests, but I doubt it. Even if they do, max. arrest points of any old cop criminal is 70,000. Anyways, you just answered to your question, if they'll abuse it, police chiefs can sack them, what's the problem then?
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time...

Offline Stryder.

• Regular Community Member
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Stryder
« Reply #70 on: 03 02, 2014, 05:04:42 pm »

Actually, thanks to the ways to prevent abuse I added, there is no way this can be abused. Read the coments from the other Pólice Chief's majority of them say that this can be abused without any reasons, if you are going to say it too, at least say how.

Peruvian player
"Quien no conoce su historia está condenado a repetirla"

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #71 on: 19 02, 2014, 06:03:28 pm »
Added.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.