Author Topic: Add an armor marker in criminal events (indoors)  (Read 3116 times)

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
Add an armor marker in criminal events (indoors)
« on: 15 04, 2014, 12:26:50 am »
I couldn't make the title any shorter for it to still make sense, but this way it basically already says everything.

This is just a little suggestion that I wanted to place here. I think when you are in an indoor criminal event and wait for the gates to open, there should be an armor pickup until the gates open. Once the gates open, the pickup should disappear.

That is for the people who participate in the last event until the last second (and aren't lazy scums backstabbing their fellow team members) and don't have the time to get armor before the next event starts. It is not abusable.
« Last Edit: 15 04, 2014, 07:42:44 pm by VazZ »
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

Offline Charly

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: [ICM]Charly
  • Squad: Anti Riot Squad
Re: Restore Armor and Health when entering a criminal event
« Reply #1 on: 15 04, 2014, 12:36:55 am »
I don't like it because you can buy armor easily at ammunation. What's the benefit of this? If you're so lazy to go to ammunation to buy armor, then you shouldn't join the event. About the health, there are a lot of medics in the events that give you max of health.

As you said, there will be a lot of exploits for it, and I think that it's hard to make a script that prevents it. Sorry, downvoted...
~ police chief and mpcc trucks k1ng ~

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
« Reply #2 on: 15 04, 2014, 12:43:38 am »
I don't like it because you can buy armor easily at ammunation. What's the benefit of this? If you're so lazy to go to ammunation to buy armor, then you shouldn't join the event. About the health, there are a lot of medics in the events that give you max of health.

As you said, there will be a lot of exploits for it, and I think that it's hard to make a script that prevents it. Sorry, downvoted...

I'm sorry, but could you not bother reading the topic before replying?

Here, let me show you how every single thing you said was already mentioned in my OP.

I don't like it because you can buy armor easily at ammunation. What's the benefit of this?

I explained this...:
then have to go to the next event as soon as possible when the last one ended to still make it in before the teams are full. In that case you did all the work and as a reward you don't even have armor or full health to start with in the new event (instead heal back up but still no armor)

and

So this could kinda reward the people who bothered to work until the final second and didn't have the time to get fully ready for the next event to start.

If you're so lazy to go to ammunation to buy armor, then you shouldn't join the event.

I said it's lack of time, not laziness..
the people who are actually doing something then have to go to the next event as soon as possible when the last one ended to still make it in before the teams are full.

About the health, there are a lot of medics in the events that give you max of health.

I also said that but it doesn't give you armor
(instead heal back up but still no armor)

I never said there will be alot of exploits or any exploits. I said there can be ONE way to abuse it and that is to go into the event when you don't event want to participate and then go out again, just so you get full armor and full  health. And I also said how this can be prevented, by setting the health and armor you went in with back to the old one when leaving it.

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Offline FidoDido

• Group: BNA
« Reply #3 on: 15 04, 2014, 01:34:40 am »
I have to say that I'm totally agree with this suggestion. When you're a cop trying to enter in any CnR event (especially MDM, BR and DFR) you get damaged by random crims and then you lose your armor because of some dumbass players. This feature will 'fix' this issue and will make it more balanced to both sides because everyone would have the same HP.

Offline Charly

• Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: [ICM]Charly
  • Squad: Anti Riot Squad
« Reply #4 on: 15 04, 2014, 01:45:00 am »
I have to say that I'm totally agree with this suggestion. When you're a cop trying to enter in any CnR event (especially MDM, BR and DFR) you get damaged by random crims and then you lose your armor because of some dumbass players. This feature will 'fix' this issue and will make it more balanced to both sides because everyone would have the same HP.

If someone shoots you when you're waiting for a criminal event, you can report him for griefing.
~ police chief and mpcc trucks k1ng ~

Offline FidoDido

• Group: BNA
« Reply #5 on: 15 04, 2014, 01:47:50 am »
If someone shoots you when you're waiting for a criminal event, you can report him for griefing.

Yes, you can report him but, that doesn't give your armor back...............

Offline Daymian

• I chose Law.
  • Group: SWAT team
  • Ingame: Daymian*SWAT
  • Squad: Project X
« Reply #6 on: 15 04, 2014, 01:48:13 am »
My only concern is about the cops at events like DS and PDR, as at the beginning we dont get the chance to even join the Lines of the event because the crims are always standing there. How would you solve that?

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
« Reply #7 on: 15 04, 2014, 02:00:01 am »
My only concern is about the cops at events like DS and PDR, as at the beginning we dont get the chance to even join the Lines of the event because the crims are always standing there. How would you solve that?

Well uhh that's kinda off the suggestion but you have a point. In those events we sometimes only make it into the event with like 10% life left or we die completely because of criminals not letting anybody in. I believe for that only a new rule could come into place (or an addition to) because script wise the only thing that could be done is something like making cops and crims unable to fight unless IN the event area and not near the area borders.

since 28.10.2013

- Konrad Adenauer

kokymiky

« Reply #8 on: 15 04, 2014, 02:16:46 am »
This should only work for closed dimension CnR ,since you didnt mentioned that in your main suggestion then please explain how this will work for open dimensioned CnR such as PDR, Ds and ACA for cops?

henry997

« Reply #9 on: 15 04, 2014, 01:50:26 pm »
Instead there could be a armour and health marker, that way people wouldn't do like you said and go in then out. However it would have to disappear once the event starts so you can't keep going back for more armour , I don't know if this is possible though. Also it would cost like buying one from anumation.

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
« Reply #10 on: 15 04, 2014, 03:53:50 pm »
This should only work for closed dimension CnR ,since you didnt mentioned that in your main suggestion then please explain how this will work for open dimensioned CnR such as PDR, Ds and ACA for cops?

Yes. Added to main post. Dimensions only of course

Instead there could be a armour and health marker, that way people wouldn't do like you said and go in then out. However it would have to disappear once the event starts so you can't keep going back for more armour , I don't know if this is possible though. Also it would cost like buying one from anumation.

Added to main suggestion, thanks

since 28.10.2013

- Konrad Adenauer

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
  • Ingame: Claire
« Reply #11 on: 15 04, 2014, 07:38:31 pm »
There are usually medics, or if not: medkits. The only thing needed is probably the armor marker. But well, not mandatory. I (and seems like everyone else) always destroy armor in first 5-10 seconds of the event. All in all, I downvoted.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
« Reply #12 on: 15 04, 2014, 07:40:23 pm »
Here I edited the whole topic OP because people kept misunderstanding and repeating things over and over again. I made it apply to some of your posts, here is the old post

Show content
I couldn't make the title any shorter for it to still make sense, but this way it basically already says everything.

This is just a little suggestion that I wanted to place here. I think upon entering a criminal event as a cop or criminal, you should have your armor and health restored to the maximum.

If anyone wants to come up with the abuse whining: A solution can be that your original armor and health state could be saved in the server memory and when you leave the event through the marker again, it could be set back to the old amount if it's important enough for Arran to do that.

One example (there are tons of reasons to justify the suggestion, this is just one)
Show content
I just think when you take part in one of the "open air" criminal events, while some other lazy people do not bother coming back until the last final second and do something for the team (this case is for law) instead go and camp at the next events marker, the people who are actually doing something then have to go to the next event as soon as possible when the last one ended to still make it in before the teams are full. In that case you did all the work and as a reward you don't even have armor or full health to start with in the new event (instead heal back up but still no armor)

So this could kinda reward the people who bothered to work until the final second and didn't have the time to get fully ready for the next event to start. And I think it's just a small little extra peak to start off with.

EDIT:
  • Note 1: This is only for dimension (indoor) events
  • Note 2: (Henry) Add a health and armor pickup instead

since 28.10.2013

- Konrad Adenauer

Offline Skippah

• Ingame: Skippah
Re: Add an armor marker in criminal events (indoors)
« Reply #13 on: 15 04, 2014, 07:59:42 pm »
 If a pick-up was added the situation that happens at the doors of the indoor criminal events would be repeated and unfairly, some players won't get the chance to buy the armor. In my opinion, a command would ease this thing up for us because you know what happens in the indoor events specially in events like BR. Maybe something like /buyarmor.

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
Re: Add an armor marker in criminal events (indoors)
« Reply #14 on: 15 04, 2014, 08:04:45 pm »
If a pick-up was added the situation that happens at the doors of the indoor criminal events would be repeated and unfairly, some players won't get the chance to buy the armor. In my opinion, a command would ease this thing up for us because you know what happens in the indoor events specially in events like BR. Maybe something like /buyarmor.

Why would some players not get the chance to buy it? When the pickup unspawns after like 10 seconds of the gates opening thats totally enough time for everyone to get it.

since 28.10.2013

- Konrad Adenauer