Author Topic: Law emergency blip.  (Read 1667 times)

Lapeno96

Law emergency blip.
« on: 25 04, 2014, 07:17:10 pm »
This is not my idea, yet I wont say who came with this up, since I don't want to break the new forum rule.

I want to suggest a similar blip to the current red "APB blip" on map. ( Ex. group members blip ).

The color shall be green. ( Ex. alliance members blip ).

And the command shall be : /setblip , after the command is executed, the world map will appear and he'll just have to select the location, then blip appears.

Why?

Because this will surely help the police chiefs in marking the emergency areas, riots, fights, meetings...

Only one active blip may be posted at once.

And for people that will say that this is needed for criminal bosses, go suggest it for them, since I am not a criminal boss.

« Last Edit: 26 04, 2014, 06:33:15 pm by Lapeno »

Offline Venom.

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ArmedForces
  • Ingame: Venom[AF]
Re: Law emergency blip.
« Reply #1 on: 26 04, 2014, 11:53:35 am »
What if the Police Chief don't know the coordinates of that location. I think there should be a /pcmap (Police Chiefs map) where they could double click on a location(Like the GPS in F11) and then the location would get the green liquor blip. It would be easier to blip for Police Chiefs with this. Upvoted, would be pretty useful.
E Pluribus Unum

Offline Ryan.

• Honorable
  • Skillers™
« Reply #2 on: 26 04, 2014, 01:30:29 pm »
What if the Police Chief don't know the coordinates of that location. I think there should be a /pcmap (Police Chiefs map) where they could double click on a location(Like the GPS in F11) and then the location would get the green liquor blip. It would be easier to blip for Police Chiefs with this. Upvoted, would be pretty useful.
That is not a big issue and script can hardly reach 5-7 lines. Why? its so simple script.

Well, we can make something in which, when PC execute this command, his current position will be taken by getElementPosition and then it can be placed in createBlip coordinates. In this case, PCs will make blip on their position.
I am not "Ex." anything, I have proudly served this community as: SK Founder,
 Developer, L3 staff, L2 staff, Supporter, Minister of Fairness, PAM, CB, PC, SO, Senior Community Member and of course, a rule abiding player. Peace.

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Law Representative
« Reply #3 on: 05 05, 2014, 01:20:24 pm »
I agree with this idea as it'll be helpful for Police Chiefs in calling backups and etc instead of repeating the backup call 20 times in /e

I think it'll be better if the police Chief would use the command /togeblip or etc at their positions instead of using map because it'll be hard to mark the perfect spot with map.

Also, add it in suggestion "The blip will Only be visible to all law units" so that no one else will be distracted by that blip.

(If it is possible)
Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

Offline Venom.

• Regular Community Member
  • Group: ArmedForces
  • Ingame: Venom[AF]
« Reply #4 on: 05 05, 2014, 02:10:19 pm »
I agree with this idea as it'll be helpful for Police Chiefs in calling backups and etc instead of repeating the backup call 20 times in /e

I think it'll be better if the police Chief would use the command /togeblip or etc at their positions instead of using map because it'll be hard to mark the perfect spot with map.

Also, add it in suggestion "The blip will Only be visible to all law units" so that no one else will be distracted by that blip.

(If it is possible)

/toggleblip on their position would be hard because it would be used for marking a spot with a lot of crims and how the hell will Police Chief survive long enough to blip the certain spot as he also might get sniped away from it. Marking on map is fine as they would know where they have been and the wanted blips would be visible.

Hm ''The blip will ONLY be visible to ALL law units''.. of course only law units would see it as its law job to clear riots. Something like hijack blip that is visible for criminals only with the notification on top of screen.
E Pluribus Unum

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #5 on: 16 05, 2014, 04:15:55 pm »
Added.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.