Author Topic: Offering to Players  (Read 6827 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Offering to Players
« on: 08 11, 2011, 02:57:15 pm »
I am working on something which makes the lives of staff and players easier - when somebody speaks a language in main chat it automatically gets moved to that language channel. Doing this for Russian was extremely easy because they have their own alphabet. Doing this for Arabic was extremely confusing because the language is so strange like when you select Arabic text the characters change.

Today I was doing Spanish but it didn't work very well. I used a short list of Spanish words from some website and a few words players used:

local spanish = {
   "además", "ahora", "algo", "algunos", "antes", "año", "años", "aquí", "aunque", "bien", "bueno",
   "cómo", "cosas", "cuando", "desde", "después", "días", "día", "dijo", "donde", "durante", "ejemplo",
   "ella", "ellos", "entonces", "españa", "está", "estaba", "están", "estas", "estos", "gobierno",
   "había", "hacer", "hacia", "hasta", "hombre", "hoy", "hecho", "luego", "más", "mejor", "menos",
   "mientras", "mismo", "momento", "mucho", "mujer", "mundo", "nosotros", "nunca", "país", "parece",
   "personas", "porque", "primera", "pueden", "puede", "qué", "según", "siempre", "sobre", "sólo",
   "también", "tanto", "tenía", "tiempo", "tiene", "tienen", "todas", "todos", "trabajo", "vamos",
   "AććČ", "sisi", "que",
}

My offering is for anyone who speaks Spanish or another language (but not Arabic or Russian) to create a list of common words that players will use and put them in a table like above. If you do that I will give 1 month VIP for each person who does a language. You must not include words like "yo" because that is a commonly used word in English and also Spanish or for example "hel" would conflict with "hello"
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Corleone

Re: Offering to Players
« Reply #1 on: 08 11, 2011, 03:13:10 pm »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 08 11, 2011, 03:21:14 pm »
No way, too many of those words conflict:

desi, sta, reto, retarde, auto, motor, ma, jok, si, sta

All are parts of or are words in English and probably other languages too.

Perhaps this will be impossible.

Corleone

« Reply #3 on: 08 11, 2011, 03:22:27 pm »
No way, too many of those words conflict:

desi, sta, reto, retarde, auto, motor, ma, jok, si, sta

All are parts of or are words in English and probably other languages too.

Perhaps this will be impossible.
It's immpossible for Serbian language, cause we use latin for online games.

Tho, salvage what you can. Most of those words are cuss words, like 55% ...

Offline Dusty

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 08 11, 2011, 03:59:17 pm »
http://pastebin.com/rDCZgDuN
duplicates are possible.
Just added some words I knew to your list.
« Last Edit: 08 11, 2011, 04:45:36 pm by Dusty »

Flucado

« Reply #5 on: 08 11, 2011, 04:20:39 pm »
It's not quite possible, indeed. Spanish and Portuguese, for example, would conflict because of words like "todo" and "estar", that are exactly the same in both languages.

We should use something similar to prevent flaming in other languages instead.
« Last Edit: 08 11, 2011, 04:22:59 pm by Flucado »

beerman123

« Reply #6 on: 08 11, 2011, 05:16:45 pm »
http://pastebin.com/NMrGRG7J

I used common words, but only the little bit longer ones which or the ones which use unusual comination's of characters.

Hope this helped you ;).

few extra words added by Dennis
« Last Edit: 08 11, 2011, 09:16:46 pm by Dennis »

AvEncalho

« Reply #7 on: 08 11, 2011, 05:38:46 pm »
a lot of spanish words are also portuguese words... a lot.........
"algo","antes","aquí", "como", "desde","dias", "día","durante","esta","estas", "mas","menos","momento","mundo","nunca", "país", "parece","porque","que","sobre","tanto","todas", "todos","vamos",etc etc etc...

Matrixmanpt

« Reply #8 on: 08 11, 2011, 05:59:03 pm »
Arran do you need portuguese words too?

The Amazonic

« Reply #9 on: 08 11, 2011, 06:00:08 pm »
Arran do you need portuguese words too?
My offering is for anyone who speaks Spanish or another language (but not Arabic or Russian) to create a list of common words that players will use and put them in a table like above.

FoO

« Reply #10 on: 08 11, 2011, 06:02:25 pm »
May I list all the words that commonly used by Vietnamese players ( I'm sure they are never English ) ?

Anon.

« Reply #11 on: 08 11, 2011, 09:42:34 pm »
"kurac", "picka", "pozdrav", "glupan", "majmun", "kako", "dobro", "lose", "bok", "kaj", "mama", "tata", "bog", "zakaj", "nista", "nema", "veze", "glupost", "glupo", "grdo", "zima", "ljeto", "vruce", "toplo", "hladno", "brzo", "sporo"

Also, when adding serbian or croatian words, would it work to do " word " (with spaces) so as to isolate just the word so it doesn't block english content? Because a lot of work could be done if that worked.

Update

« Reply #12 on: 08 11, 2011, 10:13:54 pm »
Dutch : Pastbin
« Last Edit: 09 11, 2011, 12:49:05 pm by Stan™ »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 08 11, 2011, 10:30:41 pm »
Also, when adding serbian or croatian words, would it work to do " word " (with spaces) so as to isolate just the word so it doesn't block english content? Because a lot of work could be done if that worked.

Yes but that doesn't take into account a word at the start or end of the message. I'd also need to make sure that all spaces (there are different types of space) were accounted for. I think that if we had 3 checks 1 like "hello " one like " hello " and one like " hello" would triple the CPU usage. Problem is we have to loop through all these words for all these languages checking three times to see if they were found and CITchat is already one of the main CPU users.

XScope

« Reply #14 on: 08 11, 2011, 11:37:43 pm »
there are some words that are spanish, but are portugese too. same for other languages