Author Topic: MTA: San Andreas 1.1 Beta Test #2  (Read 6000 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
MTA: San Andreas 1.1 Beta Test #2
« on: 04 08, 2011, 03:43:26 pm »
There is a beta planned for tonight.

See for the details again: http://forum.mtasa.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=34796
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline SinovenatoR

• Honorable
  • Hi there ◔◡◔
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: MTA: San Andreas 1.1 Beta Test #2
« Reply #1 on: 04 08, 2011, 04:06:30 pm »
I will be there as in first one :)

Chakallou

« Reply #2 on: 04 08, 2011, 05:16:13 pm »
I will be there ASAP, after i download back MTA:SA 1.1 :D

nemozeroo

« Reply #3 on: 04 08, 2011, 06:10:06 pm »
gg

Ozi

« Reply #4 on: 04 08, 2011, 07:36:55 pm »
Do I have to download new client, or that one from yesterday is good enough?
Also, any idea what hour you start?

The Amazonic

« Reply #5 on: 04 08, 2011, 07:49:55 pm »
Do I have to download new client, or that one from yesterday is good enough?
Also, any idea what hour you start?
I think that the build of yesterday can be used, but I am unsure. Should wait until it starts.
19:00 GMT (20:00 UK Time) (21:00 in Poland)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 04 08, 2011, 07:53:01 pm »
I believe there will be an installer provided. Just make sure you're on #mta-pubtest @ irc.gtanet.com

Offline Dennis

• Honorable
  • tahtah
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: CPL-Dennis*SWAT
« Reply #7 on: 04 08, 2011, 11:38:36 pm »
it was good stuff, Zango's live stream was broadcasted on the server and he rickroll'd everyone.

PaulWhite

« Reply #8 on: 05 08, 2011, 12:20:33 am »
I've been playing CIT2/mta 1.1 yesterday and did a light test.

To say: It's a great attempt to an outstanding mod, yet it fell short", would be quite cruel considering the amount of time I'm sure Arran has put into this mod, which he releases for free (even server costs)

Yet I must say that all these months I was expecting to get my hands on the long advertised CIT2 that was going to be revolutionary compared to its predecessor. But honestly, the only new job I found is firefighter which while it looks well planned and nicely located in the map, doesn't inspire me to spend much time working as a firefighter in a game in which fires don't really matter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not flaming, I'm giving my honest input about this beta.

in case somebody didn't get it I'll say it again:
THE MOD IS GREAT! IT JUST DIDN'T GET ME (YET)

I was surprised that two pearls of this mod such as car delivery mission (criminal job) and the mystery van are missing, two things that made this mod a lot of fun now they're gone. 

(Hopefully not for long? those are a MUST HAVE)

The briefcase is fun as long as it isn't the only thing to do as a crim, its more of an alternative to it such as bank rob (other than opening fire on cops or robbing the houses).

I totally loved the slot machines, but the payout is a little humble, why not raise the payout table a few hundreds up? it won't hurt anybody, in fact, it'll be a nice way to make money!

Bottom line:
I was expecting more jobs, at least 3, 4 or even 5 new jobs and things to *DO* in-game. Specially jobs that have nothing to do with neither crim or law so that the game isn't so much geared towards cops & robbers but rather a free roam with a lot of things going on and a strong in-game economy based in several different ways to make money.

The new layouts look slick, but some are not very intuitive as in CIT1 such as the dialog window to sell vehicles, there's no way you can quickly select a vehicle and sell it, now a 'pick' button has to be pressed in order to activate that vehicle or aircraft on which you are about to perform a sale.

The game doesn't seem to feature any bugs that would trigger a massive world gamer strike. The bicycle seems to be a little bugged but it doesn't take my sleep away (hopefully it doesn't take arran's either!)
So the game is more than playable.

I'd like to see more jobs to do, and jobs to pay more! it seems that only criminal jobs paid the best while the non-crim jobs pay crappy outputs and it often (if not always) discourages people from engaging in law-abiding activities.

And last but not least: Arran, congratulations for this outstanding work of yours. I truly love this mod, I love it enough to write a sincere review about it and expecting to see more of your cool stuff coming up next :)

Regards,

Paul Whitelocke. (username: magito / in-game nick: Mage)

Offline SinovenatoR

• Honorable
  • Hi there ◔◡◔
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 05 08, 2011, 02:05:06 am »
Unfortunately I could not come to the test for some reasons I do not want to say. :-\

protecter393

« Reply #10 on: 05 08, 2011, 09:34:54 am »
Unfortunately I could not come to the test for some reasons I do not want to say. :-\
I liked it but I did not get to do the TDMA (don't ask me what it means I have no clue) it was fun other wise.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 05 08, 2011, 11:54:16 am »
I've been playing CIT2/mta 1.1 yesterday and did a light test.

To say: It's a great attempt to an outstanding mod, yet it fell short", would be quite cruel considering the amount of time I'm sure Arran has put into this mod, which he releases for free (even server costs)

Yet I must say that all these months I was expecting to get my hands on the long advertised CIT2 that was going to be revolutionary compared to its predecessor. But honestly, the only new job I found is firefighter which while it looks well planned and nicely located in the map, doesn't inspire me to spend much time working as a firefighter in a game in which fires don't really matter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not flaming, I'm giving my honest input about this beta.

in case somebody didn't get it I'll say it again:
THE MOD IS GREAT! IT JUST DIDN'T GET ME (YET)

I was surprised that two pearls of this mod such as car delivery mission (criminal job) and the mystery van are missing, two things that made this mod a lot of fun now they're gone. 

(Hopefully not for long? those are a MUST HAVE)

The briefcase is fun as long as it isn't the only thing to do as a crim, its more of an alternative to it such as bank rob (other than opening fire on cops or robbing the houses).

I totally loved the slot machines, but the payout is a little humble, why not raise the payout table a few hundreds up? it won't hurt anybody, in fact, it'll be a nice way to make money!

Bottom line:
I was expecting more jobs, at least 3, 4 or even 5 new jobs and things to *DO* in-game. Specially jobs that have nothing to do with neither crim or law so that the game isn't so much geared towards cops & robbers but rather a free roam with a lot of things going on and a strong in-game economy based in several different ways to make money.

The new layouts look slick, but some are not very intuitive as in CIT1 such as the dialog window to sell vehicles, there's no way you can quickly select a vehicle and sell it, now a 'pick' button has to be pressed in order to activate that vehicle or aircraft on which you are about to perform a sale.

The game doesn't seem to feature any bugs that would trigger a massive world gamer strike. The bicycle seems to be a little bugged but it doesn't take my sleep away (hopefully it doesn't take arran's either!)
So the game is more than playable.

I'd like to see more jobs to do, and jobs to pay more! it seems that only criminal jobs paid the best while the non-crim jobs pay crappy outputs and it often (if not always) discourages people from engaging in law-abiding activities.

And last but not least: Arran, congratulations for this outstanding work of yours. I truly love this mod, I love it enough to write a sincere review about it and expecting to see more of your cool stuff coming up next :)

Regards,

Paul Whitelocke. (username: magito / in-game nick: Mage)

Firstly I don't work on 'the mod' if you're talking about MTA SA.

Notice how I haven't called it CIT 2 in months? (Just everyone else does) Thats because it isn't a big update. I started work on the update many months ago but there are things demotivated me to the extent that development on it dropped by 80%+

1. MTA SA 1.1 was very buggy which is expected, HOWEVER the things I reported sometimes took many months to be fixed and working in a buggy environment was very frustrating.

2. The release was taking a lot longer than I hoped (until just recently) which caused the issue of nothing ever changing on the main server and it going stale. There is then the very annoying problem of having 2 copies of the gamemode which made doing anything for 1.0.5 take more time to do as I had to make sure it gets added to the 1.1 version.

3. If I made the gamemode better and we got more players the game would lag for everyone and actually reduce the quality of gameplay and put the server at risk of exceeding bandwidth allowance and getting the connection speed limited till the end of the month.

4. I do this in MY spare time and a lot of that isn't actually spare time, I'm suppost to be getting a job something I have to do very soon so don't expect much more in terms of updates to the gamemode.

Reaper38

« Reply #12 on: 05 08, 2011, 12:20:15 pm »
I liked it but I did not get to do the TDMA (don't ask me what it means I have no clue) it was fun other wise.

Team Deathmatch Arena

protecter393

« Reply #13 on: 05 08, 2011, 03:48:17 pm »
Thank you.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 05 08, 2011, 06:52:26 pm »
It ended yesterday so closed.

Now lets hope for a release soon!