Author Topic: [Trial Staff] v0nz - Staff Application  (Read 4744 times)

v0nz

[Trial Staff] v0nz - Staff Application
« on: 19 07, 2011, 06:14:50 am »
Ingame name: [tC]v0nz
Ingame account name: v0nz
Age in years: 17
Country of residence: United States
Real world occupation: IHOP Server

I have been part of the following ingame groups: The Corporation [Leader]
I have been playing on the CIT MTA SA server since: July 14, 2010
How many hours do you have playing on the server: 100
How many hours on average do you play on the server a week: 70+ [Started 4 days ago, 40 hours]
I may end up inactive because of real world commitments/duties: It is possible, I am going into my senior year of high school in August but I get out of class the time that I wake up in the morning. I would be able to play at around the time I've been playing. I will not end up inactive ever if I am chosen as a staff member of this community. I will keep my activity to a maximum capacity and if I am not able to keep that threshold, I will contact a staff member; And let them know I will be inactive for a given time. I can assure you, I won't leave this position randomly or without acknowledgement.

I am aware that I have to be active to perform my duties as a staff member: Yes.
I am aware that I will have to leave any ingame groups if staff: Yes.
I am aware that I have to sacrifice a large portion of my play time to help out: Yes.

My understanding of the English language is: Excellent.
Use a capital letter when: Starting a sentence, days, months, important objects, and people.

Paragraph or more describing yourself and why you want to be a member of CIT staff: I've grown up around the GTA environment, I started my journey in single player and a friend of mine that I played counter strike 1.6 with introduced me to SA:MP. From then on, I was pretty much addicted to this live action game. I wen't through game modes like they didn't exist and I finally I started playing roleplay. I started off on Los Santos Roleplay and I wen't inactive for about a year.

I began to focus on creating a server in SA:MP. I knew around 10 scripters at the time so I had some of them teach be about the basics of PAWNO and it's features. As I journeyed off on my own, creating my server, I taught my self the advanced features of PAWNO and I was soon inviting people to come play in my server. I had the server for about three months and my buddy told me he wanted me to come play LS-RP again; I thought what the heck, and I proceeded to play with him again. I got more and more addicted to LS-RP because of the new improvements they added to it. My friend and I created a criminal organization that would later become extremely successful and that led to the downfall of my server. Although I love the server and everything I put into it, I felt the need to change up and become a member of a larger community.

This is the exact reason why CIT has become so known and familiar to me. I love the mass amount of players playing this server daily and I love to see how the admins can be so friendly and endorsing to new players like myself. My first day on CIT was like a dream come true. All the features that CIT gives to its players just had me strapped in for the ride. I feel that becoming part of the staff could help tremendously. I'm somewhat aware of what it is like to be an admin and to me, helping the members of a community is a once in a life time chance. I feel that if I am chosen for this position, I will be able to help people in need. I believe there is much more to an administrative position than to punish players and make sure everything is in order. I understand that I am a new player to CIT but this opportunity could be exactly what I need. The first couple of days on this server, I was helped by a few of the staff and I was extremely grateful to them. I feel that if I could be apart of this staff, I could help people that needed help just like I did. If given this opportunity I won't let anyone down and I can assure you that I will do the most I possibly can to help this community in any way possible.

I think somebody is cheating so I: Firstly, I would spectate the player. If I believe he/she are using cheats, I will consult with other staff members to assure my speculation. If the other staff agree with my opinion, I will come up with the necessary punishment.

A player is shouting for help in main chat so I: I will teleport to the player if I am not busy and help with his problem locally or SMS them. If I am not available, I will tell him/her to go into support chat to receive help from anyone that isn't busy.

A player insults me so I: Give them a warning as language dones't really affect me. If this problem continues, I will mute the player for a specific amount of time depending on the severity.

A player asks me to give them some money so I: Simply say no, tell them to earn there cash like the rest of the players are doing.

Somebody is cheating but I can't ban them so I: Consult with a higher admin with the power, take screenshots and get evidence if no higher admins are available.

I have found a bug which gives free money so I: Create a detailed report of this bug and send it to a higher positioning administrator.

I agree that I will not behave in an immature or immoral manner: Yes, I agree.
I agree that any rights given to me will be used for only what they are intended for: Yes, I agree.
I agree not to act in a negligent, insulting or unfair way to people: Yes, I agree.
I agree not to compromise the security of anything I may have access to: Yes, I agree.
I agree to be honest and not jump to conclusions: Yes, I agree.
I agree to act appropriately at all times and set a good example: Yes, I agree.
I agree to remain loyal to CIT throughout my membership as staff: Yes, I agree.
I agree to contact CIT leadership when I am unsure of something: Yes, I agree.
I agree to follow all requests made by CIT leadership: Yes, I agree.
I agree that my membership of CIT staff may be terminated for breaking an agreement: Yes, I agree.
I agree that any actions performed on my account(s) are my responsibility: Yes, I agree.
I agree that the information on this application is correct and truthful: Yes, I agree.
« Last Edit: 22 07, 2011, 04:20:56 pm by Arran »

Meta

Re: v0nz - Staff Application
« Reply #1 on: 19 07, 2011, 07:11:15 am »
Very impressive application.

Neutral for now, too low play time.

I'll change my decision soon. Just keep updating the playtime.
« Last Edit: 19 07, 2011, 08:48:11 am by Meta »

v0nz

« Reply #2 on: 19 07, 2011, 07:14:51 am »

I'm hoping to get around 120 hours by this Friday. Hopefully people we start to recognize me by then, I understand I'm fairly new to this server but it's my objective to later be known.

Meta

« Reply #3 on: 19 07, 2011, 07:19:21 am »
I'm hoping to get around 120 hours by this Friday. Hopefully people we start to recognize me by then, I understand I'm fairly new to this server but it's my objective to later be known.

Start using IRC, be active on forums as well as server. You'll be known to all within no time.
How many hours on average do you play on the server a week: 60+ [Started 4 days ago, 40 hours]
And also don't waste much time spending in front of computer. Go and have some fun in real life too.

v0nz

« Reply #4 on: 19 07, 2011, 07:28:12 am »
Start using IRC, be active on forums as well as server. You'll be known to all within no time.And also don't waste much time spending in front of computer. Go and have some fun in real life too.

Im grounded for 6 weeks hahaha I actually tried to have some fun today until my dad shut me down lol. CIT is pretty much my fun for this summer. And I've been on IRC since the first day haha I love IRC.

crazybunny

« Reply #5 on: 19 07, 2011, 08:16:55 am »
vonz got a full lot of sprite he should be atleast get a chance to show that he cares more YES from me

Offline StevieFTW

• SAPD Founder
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Ellis 4L
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: StevieFTW[SAPD]
  • Squad: LLW
« Reply #6 on: 19 07, 2011, 08:20:35 am »
A nice guy, good application, but you are still new, Neutral.

Proud member of CIT since February 15th 2011
SAPD Founder

Chambadon

« Reply #7 on: 19 07, 2011, 08:26:43 am »
Excellent application.

I've seen you in server a helluva lot, and in four days, you've taken the initiative of starting a business-type group with a very organized subforum.

You don't have very many hours, but I know what it's like to apply with a low playtime ;)

NEUTRAL for now, but keep it up and I'll change my vote very soon.

EDIT: YES
« Last Edit: 22 07, 2011, 01:51:21 am by Chambadon »

Lucky

« Reply #8 on: 19 07, 2011, 11:30:32 am »
Yes, good and helpfull guy.
« Last Edit: 22 07, 2011, 08:36:34 am by Taz »

matiss

« Reply #9 on: 19 07, 2011, 11:38:11 am »
I want give him chance, so I vote Yes!  :)

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: 19 07, 2011, 11:38:46 am »
I have changed this to a YES, he has more play time and shows that he really wants this, and I think he is a good candidate for staff.
« Last Edit: 21 07, 2011, 10:48:06 pm by Sandy »

v0nz

« Reply #11 on: 19 07, 2011, 11:41:09 am »
Seems like everyone want's more time and they'll consider a yes. I'm trying to get more play time, its like 4AM for me right now. Im tryin my hardest guys! Check back in a few days :) I'll edit the hours.

Offline Dusty

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: 19 07, 2011, 03:42:46 pm »

I'll change my decision soon. Just keep updating the playtime.

Same!

Offline SinovenatoR

• Honorable
  • Hi there โ—”โ—กโ—”
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #13 on: 19 07, 2011, 03:44:04 pm »
Very impressive apply but playtime is low, YES from me.

NOTE: When your playtime is 150 hours or more, my vote will be YES.

EDIT: Vote changed to yes.
« Last Edit: 22 07, 2011, 01:27:16 am by Pho3nix90 »

FoO

« Reply #14 on: 19 07, 2011, 03:49:43 pm »
If a 50-hour-player can apply for staff . I want my dog to be staff.