Author Topic: Making the Timer of Mod-Shop Visible to Screen  (Read 2120 times)

Offline TroubleShot

• Regular Community Member
  • Life is Good
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: QWER
  • Ingame: TroubleShot
Making the Timer of Mod-Shop Visible to Screen
« on: 22 09, 2020, 07:49:36 am »
What kind of criteria your suggestion holds: This Suggestion will help Reduce Inconvenience regarding the Mod-Shops.

Explanation: A lot of you may know that when you were in the mod-shop for a long period of time you'll get ejected and the detailed edits you did on your vehicle wont be saved (you wont lose money ofc) in the current system. So I am suggesting making the timer Visible in the screen so that you can know that you have to save the edits you did on your vehicle and pay for it.

2nd Suggestion (OPTIONAL):
OR when you get ejected due to reaching the time limit, the edits you did will automatically be saved without clicking on the "purchase" button, and yes your money will automatically decrease aswell for the costs of the modification you did to your vehicle.
 Sometimes players take their time / take a while when choosing what's suitable for their vehicle such as paintjob, bumpers, pipes, etc etc..

Thanks for reading.
Regards, TroubleShot.
Ex. CB

Sons die, Redwood Bleeds

Offline iCrazyCat

• Junior Community Member
  • ☠️To Be Or Not To Be☠️
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: iCrazyCat*SWAT
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
Re: Making the Timer of Mod-Shop Visible to Screen
« Reply #1 on: 22 09, 2020, 08:25:29 am »
It’s good that you showed 2 possible solutions, though I do not know if those will get implemented since the GUI is already quite full for non-civilians. Furthermore, I believe this was added so players will not take ages on the mod shop in case there are more people waiting. The only advantageous thing I see, is that, you will not lose your edits/modifications. But I cannot seem to find a solution that is easy to implement and that all players can easily get suited with (get annoyed). Do not get me wrong this is a somewhat useful suggestion and it will not harm the community if it gets implemented.
 I will wait for other votes to see if I change my vote, for now I am voting Neutral
 Well I have indeed changed my mind I believe the second suggestion is more suitable after reviewing how diamond proposed the idea so I am definitely voting Positive  :tick:, good luck lad!
« Last Edit: 22 09, 2020, 12:27:14 pm by iCrazyCat »
(=^ェ^=)

=^● ⋏ ●^=

05 04, 2020, 06:19:55 pm
Special Weapons and Tactics Team has been accepted!
We want to welcome you to one of the best law groups in CIT and to the SWAT Team family.
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Offline Nuko

• Non Administrative Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Nuko
« Reply #2 on: 22 09, 2020, 08:38:56 am »
I didn't even know there was a timer that removes the player fromt he mod shop when he's too long 'modding' until I saw this suggestion. Besides that, I've never seen a complaint regarding someone blocking the mod shop on purpose, so to me this suggestion is not worth adding and therefore vote negative.

Offline TroubleShot

• Life is Good
« Reply #3 on: 22 09, 2020, 09:19:22 am »
I didn't even know there was a timer that removes the player fromt he mod shop when he's too long 'modding' until I saw this suggestion. Besides that, I've never seen a complaint regarding someone blocking the mod shop on purpose, so to me this suggestion is not worth adding and therefore vote negative.
yes there's a timer that ejects the player when he's in the marker for too long. And the edits he did on his vehicle wont get saved.
a complaint regarding someone blocking the mod shop on purpose
ahmm I didnt stated anything about that  :|
Ex. CB

Sons die, Redwood Bleeds

Offline Combat

• The Bug Investigator
  • Honorable
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Combat
« Reply #4 on: 22 09, 2020, 10:01:18 am »
yes there's a timer that ejects the player when he's in the marker for too long. And the edits he did on his vehicle wont get saved.

May we know how long it is? because if it is too long then why do we need to implement this because for real I didn't even know that this exist.

Tested it with Stopwatch feature and I got ejected at 2:56 (2 minutes and 56 seconds)

I agree on the 2nd option so it won't be hassle for player who's trying to modify their vehicles. Also, we can't increase the timer tho to avoid players being idle in modshops. Voting Positive.
« Last Edit: 22 09, 2020, 01:50:58 pm by Combat »
Producers of Outstanding Innovation ~ AvidaCompany

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #5 on: 22 09, 2020, 10:58:29 am »
May we know how long it is? because if it is too long then why do we need to implement this because for real I didn't even know that this exist.
This information is needed and I also wonder how long it is because if its too long then it's pretty unnecessary to add a timer. @TroubleShot
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline TroubleShot

• Life is Good
« Reply #6 on: 22 09, 2020, 11:46:29 am »
This information is needed and I also wonder how long it is because if its too long then it's pretty unnecessary to add a timer. @TroubleShot
From what I know I think its around 5 - 10 minutes I dont really know the exact time since there's no timer visible in the screen. But it is true that you get ejected out in mod-shops if you were using it for too long.

Edit: tested it with Stopwatch feature and I got ejected at 2:56 (2 minutes and 56 seconds)
« Last Edit: 22 09, 2020, 01:38:17 pm by TroubleShot »
Ex. CB

Sons die, Redwood Bleeds

Offline Diamond

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: 22 09, 2020, 12:19:01 pm »
I confirm that there is an invisible timer where you get kicked from mod shop after spending some time in it, the purpose of it is to kick AFKers I believe and that's annoying and happened to me a lot meanwhile I'm not AFK but taking more time to modify my vehicle.

The 2nd suggestion is better, the changes should be automatically saved instead as the time is kinda enough for someone who wants to do a quick change. For those who take long to add more stuff, its not enough.

Moreover, seeing the timer in chatbox and anywhere else is unnecessary. The only way to avoid this by now is to save everything and re-enter after knowing you will need more time to continue modifying the vehicle.

I'll confirm this in a video and /sw stop watch soon.
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162

Offline TroubleShot

• Life is Good
« Reply #8 on: 22 09, 2020, 12:40:49 pm »
I confirm that there is an invisible timer where you get kicked from mod shop after spending some time in it, the purpose of it is to kick AFKers I believe and that's annoying and happened to me a lot meanwhile I'm not AFK but taking more time to modify my vehicle.

The 2nd suggestion is better, the changes should be automatically saved instead as the time is kinda enough for someone who wants to do a quick change. For those who take long to add more stuff, its not enough.

Moreover, seeing the timer in chatbox and anywhere else is unnecessary. The only way to avoid this by now is to save everything and re-enter after knowing you will need more time to continue modifying the vehicle.

I'll confirm this in a video and /sw stop watch soon.
I added "Optional" so that the community can choose between the first and 2nd btw
Ex. CB

Sons die, Redwood Bleeds

Offline BlackBear

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 22 09, 2020, 02:34:03 pm »
I added "Optional" so that the community can choose between the first and 2nd btw
the first option is perfect, the second one can just bring bugs.

I already have faced this problem more than one time as I mod my car once and for all so this takes me long especially when I tune my car and suddenly I got removed from the mod shop and everything I have done is lost so what I do is making it in parts like tuning the car first then reset the timer by leaving the mod and coming back. this suggestion will just help the guys who don't have such a solution. positive.

Offline Laurel

• Ingame: Laurel
« Reply #10 on: 22 09, 2020, 06:36:33 pm »
I think this is very logical, I can totally agree and the problem I have most is, I paint on my car and look at the appropriate rim, the rim does not fit, then I change the spoiler, this time something else does not fit and sometimes I even remember when I stayed in the Mod section for at least 15 minutes and this could be a nice update, the vote is positive  :tick:

Offline bloodyhell

• Junior Community Member
  • glory
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: bloodyhell
« Reply #11 on: 22 09, 2020, 07:33:28 pm »
Usually when i'm modifying my vehicle I take too much time to fix the color , rims , spoiler etc..But it's really annoying when you suddenly being ejected from the mod shop with 0 modifications so I believe the 2nd suggestion fits more and will be helpful for many players.Positive

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #12 on: 23 09, 2020, 04:35:54 pm »
- Any changes made in modshop will be saved if you get ejected after being in the mod shop for 5 minutes. (Arran + TroubleShot)
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.