Author Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] LV preference for projectile throwing cool down  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Inno#

• Regular Community Member
  • Beautiful flowers have the sharpest thorns
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Inno#
Hey there,
This suggestion is regarding LV. If you are familiar with the current LV fight style then you are probably aware that players often spam grenades in many situation, be it 1v1 or any other scenario. This creates a disadvantage for the non-grenade users as everytime the opponent throws a grenade, they have to run a little far from it in order to avoid the damage caused by it.

So, I hereby suggest that a new generation of a cool down time of 3 seconds should be added. In other words, I am trying to say that every time a grenades is thrown, players have to wait for 3 seconds before they can throw another grenade. This will decrease random spamming of grenades and improve current LV fight style.

Please reply below with your votes,
Thank You.
« Last Edit: 14 05, 2019, 05:01:16 pm by Arran »

Offline UlasDO

• Meme Necromancer
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Tauros
  • Squad: CCC
The question is, do LV players like spamming nades? If majority of them do, then this change is useless, let's face it, playerbase is divided into 3 and they're players, we've been forcing them to play the way we wanted for so long now, most LV players left the server. If you don't have players in LV, these changes don't mean nothing, I mean, you might dislike LV, I'm not very fond of LV myself, but these changes apply to those who play there, not us, so their opinions are the most valuable here, let them play how they want inside LV as long as they don't hurt anyone else outside LV. People that go to LV acknowledge everything there and they have consent of what's happening there, so if they like it, why remove something good for them?

Offline Airhead

• Love Testing Bugs
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Airhead
  • Squad: Nuclear_Squad
Last time I went to LV with Quartz and all they did was spam nades, sniper mainly, this is the LV type I assume and I feel LV players would rage if we make any changes
”The biggest disability you can have is a bad Mindset”

Offline Randy

• "Si vis pacem,Para bellum"
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I spoke with many LV players. As an LV player I am telling you the truth players won't like it and player count will decrease.
If you make yourself more than just a man if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely. Legend

Offline Inno#

The question is, do LV players like spamming nades? If majority of them do, then this change is useless, let's face it, playerbase is divided into 3 and they're players, we've been forcing them to play the way we wanted for so long now, most LV players left the server. If you don't have players in LV, these changes don't mean nothing, I mean, you might dislike LV, I'm not very fond of LV myself, but these changes apply to those who play there, not us, so their opinions are the most valuable here, let them play how they want inside LV as long as they don't hurt anyone else outside LV. People that go to LV acknowledge everything there and they have consent of what's happening there, so if they like it, why remove something good for them?
Well, I’m a LV-Only player myself, and according to the players who complaint to me, spamming grenades is not being enjoyed by LV players. I’ll make this practical. Minority of LV players spam grenades and they get easy kills with their help and then they are termed as “pro” . While the majority of LV players undergo spamming of nades and they are pretty much annoyed by this. We can’t keep this going. The minority enjoys the current fight style of LV while the majority of LV doesn’t.
Henceforth, We have the answer

Offline Inno#

Last time I went to LV with Quartz and all they did was spam nades, sniper mainly, this is the LV type I assume and I feel LV players would rage if we make any changes
Well your point is right to be honest.
I will come online tomorrow and record an informal vote from LV players and ask them how they would feel if this feature was added.

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
What about another preference in /settings?

Lets admit it, every change to LV is a pain in the ass due to players complaining for every solution. I've already added a "Halve damage for grenades" preference but I never saw it applied despite the various complaints about grenades being "OP" and requests to nerf their damage.

Offline Inno#

What about another preference in /settings?

Lets admit it, every change to LV is a pain in the ass due to players complaining for every solution. I've already added a "Halve damage for grenades" preference but I never saw it applied despite the various complaints about grenades being "OP" and requests to nerf their damage.
Yes, adding a new preference might do the job  :tick:

Offline Dredd

• The Pizzaboy
  • Honorable
  • You want a pizza or what?
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos Family
  • Ingame: Dredd
I was going to suggest preference, glad I see Brian saves the day here  :)

Offline Inno#

I was going to suggest preference, glad I see Brian saves the day here  :)
Dredd is too smart XD

Offline iShadow

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: iShadow
Re: [PROPOSAL] Generate a cool down time after throwing every grenade.
« Reply #10 on: 14 05, 2019, 04:45:45 pm »
Well, Brian is explained everything.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: [IMPLEMENTED] LV preference for projectile throwing cool down
« Reply #11 on: 14 05, 2019, 05:01:54 pm »
As it only takes 5 minutes I've added another LV preference in /settings for this.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.