Author Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] Head Councillors and giving them ability to make in-game poll  (Read 5109 times)

Offline noD3

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
Yesterday community member @RiDz PM'ed me with this

My Idea: Giving Councillors the ability to use the "Vote Feature" which can be only used by L2+ Staffs.
Why its needed? Well there are numerous small ideas that we come across while playing but most of the times we are not sure will it be beneficial to the players or not. So allowing them to conduct a quick ingame vote would help them to have a quick conclusion on the subject.

And I do agree with this idea, a poll in game would be helpful and needed in the further discussions what does community really want, however if all 20 councillors will have an access to this this can be easily over used and abused, so this is why I am suggesting to bring a Head Councillor.

Head Councillors should be those people, who during elections got in the TOP 5, this way the feature wouldn't be so overused or abused, and if councillors who did not get into the top 5 but they still need community voting on something they can ask the head councillors to do so on their behalf. I do not see how this can harm anyone and this will be really helpful.

EDIT: Another possible way to become a Head Councillor

Arran could chosen Head Councillors based on their posts and the way they express themselves in this board. Something like the old Thinkers, that was given to those Arran thought that were enough mature and had shown good ideas.

The proposal was brought to you by
@RiDz  and @noD3 councillor's agenda

« Last Edit: 16 05, 2019, 04:36:35 pm by Arran »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Head Councillors should be those people, who during elections got in the TOP 5

That actually makes sense, fair and simple way to decide who would be a "head councillor".

Though I don't see how it would be a problem giving that access to every councillor.
« Last Edit: 14 05, 2019, 08:26:34 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline JimMys

• DoMinos Family Founder
  • Guide
  • Father of DoMinos_Family.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: JimMys
I agree with this suggestion about ingame votes.
About TOP5 yes, why not, if they are active.
Ex.DoMinos Family/HCB
Now.DoMinos Family
Future.DoMinos Family

Offline CyraX

• Donator L3
  • Group: Bikers
  • Squad: Raven Founder
I am totally not supporting this idea, I do believe that their should be head councillors, but they should rather get picked by L4+ staffs because I saw how a lot of councillors where raging on and messaging everyone just to get their vote and also spamming the hell of group + squad chat. Head councillors should be picked according to their English skills, maturity and contributions done while holding the councillor position by L4+ staffs or make a vote where councillors are able to vote between them.

Offline noD3

Before start the new elections, should Arran jugde every councillor and allow it if he can running again as councillor or not?
This is not the topic to discuss that

I am totally not supporting this idea, I do believe that their should be head councillors, but they should rather get picked by L4+ staffs because I saw how a lot of councillors where raging on and messaging everyone just to get their vote and also spamming the hell of group + squad chat. Head councillors should be picked according to their English skills, maturity and contributions done while holding the councillor position by L4+ staffs or make a vote where councillors are able to vote between them.

I do believe community voted kinda fair, and looking at the elections results we can see candidates advertisting their councillors campaign A LOT Did not have such a huge amount of votes, players knew who to vote for and for who not, just like Ariana's case, I saw a lot of superadverts from that player, but he/she only scored fifth with 66 total votes.

Offline CyraX

• Donator L3
  • Group: Bikers
  • Squad: Raven Founder
This is not the topic to discuss that

I do believe community voted kinda fair, and looking at the elections results we can see candidates advertisting their councillors campaign A LOT Did not have such a huge amount of votes, players knew who to vote for and for who not, just like Ariana's case, I saw a lot of superadverts from that player, but he/she only scored fifth with 66 total votes.
I am not talking about Ariana only, I am talking about people who didn't bother making effort in their app then I see them scoring top five places, head councillors to me should be picked by l4+ staffs or councillors themselves.

Offline Randy

• "Si vis pacem,Para bellum"
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I am not talking about Ariana only, I am talking about people who didn't bother making effort in their app then I see them scoring top five places, head councillors to me should be picked by l4+ staffs or councillors themselves.
Yeah I am one of these people who didn't really write 100 lines of stuff they won't make, me my self I was honest in the application, I promised to hear players opinion, some people voted for me because of truth and not because of friends voting for me. I am with noD3 idea but if other Councillors believe that top 5 is not good idea and not fair then im fine with it too really doesn't matter.  :tick:
If you make yourself more than just a man if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely. Legend

Offline noD3

You see my darling, the thing is to receive a lot of votes you don't need to put a lot effort in your app, rather you should be known and trusted by the community, if players vote for you even when you didn't put much effort in your application, it means that you are well known and players trust you and your decisions, so here we come again to the statement that TOP 5 Councilors are the councilors that community really trusts.

Offline Airhead

• Love Testing Bugs
  • Ingame: Airhead
  • Squad: Nuclear_Squad
That actually makes sense, fair and simple way to decide who would be a "head councillor".

Though I don't see how it would be a problem giving that access to every councillor.
how about the staff team decides who to make "Head councillors" instead of giving it by just looking at the votes count, I believe quality matters more than vote counts. just giving Head counsillor because X guy got high vote count wouldn't be better, this should be decided by high ranking staff team who will decide which candidate is suitable for the head counsillor rank or else this might also become just like a power taking duty where people would ask their friends to vote just for the perks and power rather than doing something worth to deserve that rank.

also I like the idea of the voting system, ya all have my support, this would make councillors work easier and would make counsillor- community communicate with each other and come up with ideas all together.
« Last Edit: 14 05, 2019, 09:06:08 pm by Airhead »
”The biggest disability you can have is a bad Mindset”

Offline noD3

how about the staff team decides who to make "Head councillors" instead of giving it by just looking at the votes count, I believe quality matters more than vote counts. just giving Head counsillor because X guy got high vote count wouldn't be better, this should be decided by high ranking staff team who will decide which candidate is suitable for the head counsillor rank or else this might also become just like a power taking duty where people would ask their friends to vote just for the perks and power rather than doing something worth to deserve that rank.

Yea this makes sense, and I do kinda agree that head councillors shouldn't be decided directly by the Top 5, but a head administrator should take a look and see if the candidate is really worth it, and the time he spends online is worth giving him this duty ( If he's inactive, will he bother doing polls? )

Offline UlasDO

• Meme Necromancer
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Tauros
  • Squad: CCC
What is the point of players voting for somebody if head staff are deciding the head councillors? Top 5 is a good idea, also sometimes the fewest words are the best. Sincere words are much better than empty promises.

Offline Airhead

• Love Testing Bugs
What is the point of players voting for somebody if head staff are deciding the head councillors? Top 5 is a good idea, also sometimes the fewest words are the best. Sincere words are much better than empty promises.
with all do respect, don't you think that would be unfair and biased for those who got low votes (just because they didn't try to gain votes by different ways). Head councillor is a privilege and I really feel every counsillor should be considered and the best candidates should be selected, just giving something by votes (which might be biased) is unfair in my opinion, the rest is up to the staff team.

Offline noD3

with all do respect, don't you think that would be unfair and biased for those who got low votes (just because they didn't try to gain votes by different ways). Head councillor is a privilege and I really feel every counsillor should be considered and the best candidates should be selected, just giving something by votes (which might be biased) is unfair in my opinion, the rest is up to the staff team.
with all due respect, don't you think that would be unfair and biased for those who spent a lot of time promoting their agendas, spending in game money, and explaining people what is /vote ( Yes when I was promoting my candidature to be a councilor a lot people were asking me what Is that, and I was explaining to every single person what it's all about ). And if community votes , when like couple hundred of them voted, are biased for you, how a head staff giving head councilor to someone is less biased and won't be objective

Offline Airhead

• Love Testing Bugs
with all due respect, don't you think that would be unfair and biased for those who spent a lot of time promoting their agendas, spending in game money, and explaining people what is /vote ( Yes when I was promoting my candidature to be a councilor a lot people were asking me what Is that, and I was explaining to every single person what it's all about ). And if community votes , when like couple hundred of them voted, are biased for you, how a head staff giving head councilor to someone is less biased and won't be objective
don't know why you react so rebel, I never said they shouldn't get a chance, if your agenda is good and you're worth the rank, you would get it but just giving top 5 people without any checks is ridiculous.

Offline UlasDO

• Meme Necromancer
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Tauros
  • Squad: CCC
stating an opinion that's different than yours is trying to act rebel now, ok, just stop saying stuff that'd ignite drama here, please.

People are getting voted because they're trusted, advert 100 times, if no one has heard of your name and they don't know of your contributions, you're not gonna get a single vote. Yes, I and Nod3 adverted a lot, because we cared, we explained everything to every single person asking and they knew of our contributions to CIT over the years, do the same thing and you'll get votes too because that shows you care, saying "yeah man I didn't ask anyone for votes" is not cool, impressive, or doesn't show you're better than any other candidate who did promote themselves. This is called politics, if you know politics, you'll get votes, it's more than just adverting "vote for ulasdo".

So TLDR: votes are a measurement of trust from community and I'd rather choose people's votes rather than head staff decision here because I want players more involved with server management, at least with little stuff like this for starters.