Author Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] Head Councillors and giving them ability to make in-game poll  (Read 5111 times)

Offline CyraX

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Squad: Raven Founder
stating an opinion that's different than yours is trying to act rebel now, ok, just stop saying stuff that'd ignite drama here, please.

People are getting voted because they're trusted, advert 100 times, if no one has heard of your name and they don't know of your contributions, you're not gonna get a single vote. Yes, I and Nod3 adverted a lot, because we cared, we explained everything to every single person asking and they knew of our contributions to CIT over the years, do the same thing and you'll get votes too because that shows you care, saying "yeah man I didn't ask anyone for votes" is not cool, impressive, or doesn't show you're better than any other candidate who did promote themselves. This is called politics, if you know politics, you'll get votes, it's more than just adverting "vote for ulasdo".

So TLDR: votes are a measurement of trust from community and I'd rather choose people's votes rather than head staff decision here because I want players more involved with server management, at least with little stuff like this for starters.
False, I've seen a lot of people receiving sms from candidates just to vote for them, also you can see that there are a lot of ass lickers in the community. So now can you tell me how this isn't biased and how staff decision is biased? I do appreciate that you want people to take in apart in this community and throw their votes, that's right, people choose the councillors but head councillors should be rather chosen by administrators, I won't say L4  staffs because simply L4 staffs will choose UlasDO and vampire as the first too just because they are staffs, don't get me wrong but that's the reality, I would like to leave it for Arran, as he knows who deserves it. I also didn't even bother asking for a single vote to see if actually people are going to vote, and yet I received 22 votes only. Unlike others which spammed the hell out of no where just to win the elections. There are a lot of unknown players that are between 100 to 300 hours, I can simply sms each one and give them 100k and they will vote for me. In this case, what you've guys said will be completely wrong. Nothing is called politics here, for example: You can be known but you can be stupid too and can't handle stuff, so tell me how could you do your job as a head councillor?

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
Arran could chosen Head Councillors based on their posts and the way they express themselves in this board. Something like the old Thinkers, that was given to those Arran thought that were enough mature and had shown good ideas.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline Airhead

• Senior Community Member
  • Love Testing Bugs
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Airhead
  • Squad: Nuclear_Squad
Arran could chosen Head Councillors based on their posts and the way they express themselves in this board. Something like the old Thinkers, that was given to those Arran thought that were enough mature and had shown good ideas.
that's exactly what I'm trying to say, not saying anyone is wrong or whatnot, if my post went that way, I apologize but this is what I'm trying to say. judging and giving it to the players based on their suggestions, posts, way of thinking etc.
”The biggest disability you can have is a bad Mindset”

Offline noD3

• Group: 1337
Since the councillors who wanted to say something already said their opinion I would like to change this PROPOSAL to a VOTE.

Please councillors who are voting positively state which option would you like to be implemented.

• A ) Head Councillors should be those who were Top 5 voted
  • B ) Arran should decide himself who should be Head Councillors

Quotation of the original topic

Yesterday community member @RiDz PM'ed me with this

And I do agree with this idea, a poll in game would be helpful and needed in the further discussions what does community really want, however if all 20 councillors will have an access to this this can be easily over used and abused, so this is why I am suggesting to bring a Head Councillor.

Head Councillors should be those people, who during elections got in the TOP 5, this way the feature wouldn't be so overused or abused, and if councillors who did not get into the top 5 but they still need community voting on something they can ask the head councillors to do so on their behalf. I do not see how this can harm anyone and this will be really helpful.

EDIT: Another possible way to become a Head Councillor

The proposal was brought to you by
@RiDz  and @noD3 councillor's agenda

Offline noD3

:tick: I would like to see this implemented since sometimes we do need community votes on various features before opening a proposal.
I think Head Councilors should be elected the following way : A ) Head Councillors should be those who were Top 5 voted

Offline Randy

• "Si vis pacem,Para bellum"
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
 :tick: I would like to see this in the game too because I login almost everyday to take every player opinion and this will personally help me alot, and I will go with option A
If you make yourself more than just a man if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely. Legend

Offline UlasDO

• Meme Necromancer
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Tauros
  • Squad: CCC
 :tick: I'll go with A too

Offline Airhead

• Love Testing Bugs
 :tick:

Only if the selection of Head councillors will be based on every aspect (instead of just votes)

if it will be based on just votes, I won't be supporting this idea.

Offline noD3

Only if the selection of Head councillors will be based on every aspect (instead of just votes)

if it will be based on just votes, I won't be supporting this idea.

Please councillors who are voting positively state which option would you like to be implemented.

• A ) Head Councillors should be those who were Top 5 voted
  • B ) Arran should decide himself who should be Head Councillors

The reason why I listed 2 possible options when voting positive is to gather information, how would councillors like to see this implemented and which option will get more votes should be implemented because that's what majority of councillors would like to see.

Offline JimMys

• DoMinos Family Founder
  • Guide
  • Father of DoMinos_Family.
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: JimMys
B ) Arran should decide himself who should be Head Councillors

That actually makes sense, fair and simple way to decide who would be a "head councillor".

Though I don't see how it would be a problem giving that access to every councillor.
BTW everyone could get access to this feature except inactives councillors. Anyway, I let it to arran  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 15 05, 2019, 11:48:10 pm by JimMys$ »
Ex.DoMinos Family/HCB
Now.DoMinos Family
Future.DoMinos Family

Offline Airhead

• Love Testing Bugs
The reason why I listed 2 possible options when voting positive is to gather information, how would councillors like to see this implemented and which option will get more votes should be implemented because that's what majority of councillors would like to see.
And I assume you understood from my previous post that:
Im voting for the option B (Arran deciding himself)

Offline iShadow

• Ingame: iShadow
I want to see this with option A, so votes would actually mean something and candidates would actually try to get them and advertise their campaigns.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
If you'd have voted for B which is to let me decide, I'd just implement A because what I decide is what's most convenient, which is A ;)

Going to implement this now.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline noD3

Changed the VOTE to ACCEPTED.