Author Topic: [+++] Increasing The Payment of The Medic Job by 50%  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Cerberus

• Honorable
  • Punishment Appeal Manager
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Cerberus
[+++] Increasing The Payment of The Medic Job by 50%
« on: 31 03, 2022, 02:19:21 am »
How is it that the medic job is hugely underpaid, compared to other civilian jobs? It just doesn't fit in with other civilian jobs in terms of payment. I really enjoy playing as medic but the massive underpayment in salary is quite disappointing, which needs to be addressed. I would suggest a 50% increase in the Medic job to make it at least somewhat par with other civilian jobs.
Criminals/cops need medics in CnR activities, but I feel that the underpayment of the job is driving people away from it. With an increase in the payment, hopefully it'll attract more players to be medics.

UPDATE:
STATISTICS  >:(

For each heal point, you earn $7.79 (round it up to $7.80), so on average a medic will usually earn around 900 heal points per AR or CE (more heal points in CE compared to AR). So, each CE / AR on average can last for around 5 minutes. Therefore, the average medic will attend 12 CEs / ARs in an hour (for projection purposes). 900 heal points equates to $7,020 in cash. So the calculation would be 7,020 (cash per AR/CE) x 5 (number of CE / ARs per hour) = 35,100.
This shows that on average, a medic will earn around $35,100 per hour. Which you can see is completely underpaid.
« Last Edit: 07 04, 2022, 03:51:44 am by TwCafe »

A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but its persistence.

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
Re: Increasing The Payment of The Medic Job by 50%
« Reply #1 on: 31 03, 2022, 02:24:43 am »
Upvoting from me. The medic in CnR acts a huge part, it is needed in any CEs and ARs, the payment is low as hell makes people away.
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline kitten

• Regular Community Member
  • satosugu
    YearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 31 03, 2022, 06:07:50 am »
I feel like this rule will be the reason of topic closure:
If you ever want to discuss the removal of something (or increasing / decreasing a variable), you should collect statistics and have a valid reason why that thing should be removed / modified. For example, "Minigun" is OP" and causes imbalance, you should post statistics and proof of how it is OP and why it should be either removed or balanced.
But recently I leveled up to L10 doing around 200k-250k heals a day and I didn't hit the earnlimit once so I'm supporting the suggestion as it's clearly underpaid.   :thumb:

Darwin97

« Reply #3 on: 31 03, 2022, 02:13:25 pm »
Positive

Medic is a job that is reliant on players because the more players the more heals, with the low player count currently Medic doesn't pay as good because you cannot get as many heals, I just played in a CE for 5 minutes and I get 1.3k heals only, now imagine in the morning hours where players are less than 100

Offline Dokt0R

• Donator L3
  • Group: SAS
« Reply #4 on: 31 03, 2022, 02:25:51 pm »
Detail, detail, detail.. And if you're proposing a change to something, divide your topic into 2, firstly describe the problem or how something currently is. Then make a new paragraph and state what solution you propose.

However, I’m positive on improving medic job. The job is nearly dead and I see only 1 medic in one of ten criminal events.  :thumb:

Offline M3dusa

• degen
  • L4 Staff
  • Gambling connaisseur 🔻
  • Ingame: [CIT]Medusa
« Reply #5 on: 31 03, 2022, 03:08:27 pm »
I'm all for buffing medic since it really is the odd duck between the other civilian jobs, I enjoy being a medic yet I've never even came close to hitting earn limit with it, even though it requires as much effort and attention as the other jobs in terms of gameplay.
But yeah, I'd like to see some statistics first before casting a vote.
Former Former CIT Staff
Head Staff
Retired Police Chief

Seasoned trader? Click me.
Sick of being a 9-5 wageslave? DCA into $AVAX and enjoy an early retirement!
NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

Offline Nobody_

• Senior Community Member
  • Just keep swimming
    YearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Noubody
  • Squad: Socios
« Reply #6 on: 31 03, 2022, 04:41:34 pm »
I tried a few times to be a medic in CnR, but in addition to the experience being little, the remuneration is also, in the old days it was cool to play as a medic, there was a little competitiveness for the top, nowadays the job is dead. I think increasing the earnings is a great idea, upvote.

Moving up and down, side to side, like a rollercoaster

Offline W1TTY

• CIT Radio DJ
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: 31 03, 2022, 04:52:49 pm »
:tick:

I support the Idea, since in Criminal events, armed robberies, and riots both sides need lots of medics to be able to support both sides. Whether it 's law or criminals.

Also I'd like to point out that it won't be overpaying since the fact that most players use food to heal as well. So it would balance everything out.

Offline BirdBoy

YearsYears
« Reply #8 on: 31 03, 2022, 07:53:31 pm »
Yes, we need more medic units in CnR, the current payment is fucked.  :tick:

Offline SiFiras

• Regular Community Member
  • hai
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: iFiras
  • Squad: Driftwork afaik
« Reply #9 on: 01 04, 2022, 02:08:02 am »
first of all I'm supporting this  :tick:,
I believe that medic job should get a payment buff but are you sure about 50% thing ? it wont be too much ?
(FMSG) [CIT]FalconHawk|INF: "if her age is not on the clock, she is ready for the c*ck"

Offline Pinky

YearsYears
  • Group: Dragon
  • Ingame: [DRN]Pinky
« Reply #10 on: 01 04, 2022, 11:10:42 am »
I'm positive. the medic is obviously under payment, this'll bring back the medic players.  :tick:

Offline Isdej

• KLM Leader
  • State Official
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: klm gang
  • Ingame: Isdej
« Reply #11 on: 01 04, 2022, 12:16:41 pm »
It's very difficult to get statistics for medic since it's such a rollercoaster of a job. Sometimes there's a lot of CE activity going on, earning you a lot of heals. Other times nothing is going on and you'd be better of just doing the side mission, which is honestly almost better in every way anyways and earns around 450-500k an hour.

But just to get a number I got $12556 in a 6v6 CE with VIP in which I got 1610 heals. Lets say this were to happen every 5 minutes, which is pretty generous in my opinion, I'd get $150792 every hour. You could probably even double the payment in this case, but I won't pretend that I'm a good medic. A 50% increase would at least be a start, I'll be positive.

Offline Shattah

• Junior Community Member
  • Fᴏʀ Hᴏɴᴏʀ, Fᴏʀ Bʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, Fᴏʀ Sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ.
  • Group: FɪɢʜᴛFᴏʀHᴏɴᴏʀ
  • Ingame: Sʜᴀᴛᴛᴀʜ
« Reply #12 on: 01 04, 2022, 04:13:36 pm »
Agreed with the last part. Medics were a huge part of CnR activities a few years ago and now you seldom see them active at ARs. I believe this change will attract more players to be a medic and make it worth doing the job.

Offline Drago.

• Weird Dragon
  • L4 Staff
  • Manners Maketh Man.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Drago#SAS
  • Squad: Elixir
« Reply #13 on: 01 04, 2022, 04:48:18 pm »
Medic payments are kind of a controversial topic in itself, it really depends on the number of players in CnR (not talking about the side job) and what time of the day it is (indirectly proportional to the number of players too).
Anyway, I am all up for a 50% increase, since its really hard to even get close to even earnlimit at times. Once again, the suggestion don't have details about how the payment should be increased but I kind of agree with this
Show content
It's very difficult to get statistics for medic since it's such a rollercoaster of a job. Sometimes there's a lot of CE activity going on, earning you a lot of heals. Other times nothing is going on and you'd be better of just doing the side mission, which is honestly almost better in every way anyways and earns around 450-500k an hour.
However, I will be voting positive on this suggestion, would love to see how that works out.
Head State Official
BEST SAS VETERAN
Lieutenant General of Armed Forces
Ex.Director of The Institute
"nah I'm not that dumb" - Darius 2023

Offline Cerberus

• Honorable
  • Punishment Appeal Manager
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Cerberus
« Reply #14 on: 01 04, 2022, 05:14:25 pm »
STATISTICS  >:(

For each heal point, you earn $7.79 (round it up to $7.80), so on average a medic will usually earn around 900 heal points per AR or CE (more heal points in CE compared to AR). So, each CE / AR on average can last for around 5 minutes. Therefore, the average medic will attend 12 CEs / ARs in an hour (for projection purposes). 900 heal points equates to $7,020 in cash. So the calculation would be 7,020 (cash per AR/CE) x 5 (number of CE / ARs per hour) = 35,100.
This shows that on average, a medic will earn around $35,100 per hour. Which you can see is completely underpaid.

(added to main post too)

A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but its persistence.