Author Topic: [Resolved]Explorer job  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Nico..

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Nico
[Resolved]Explorer job
« on: 27 11, 2012, 08:53:14 pm »
This Job gotta be simple. The only thing that you will have to do is take your camera and take a pic of different checkpoints placed around San Andreas, every checkpoint will contain a description that will teach you something new.
This will include small cities, like Tierra Robada, Palomino Creek and others old places.
As the Archaeologist job this won't occupy too much space in the busy cities like LS and SF, and it will give you an opportunity to take a better look at the map.
Almost everyone knows the map ( included the new areas-Islands ) but this job will be like a starting tutorial for who never played on this map.

The job would be situated here:
Blue circle= Job Location
Red X = Job Checkpoints
http://imgur.com/P0xLb

For every checkpoint I'll be glad to add a description. Most of them are well know places for the community and the rest of them still means something. If someone will be able to script this, I will be glad help him with the short descriptions in every checkpoint.

Levels for the job -:
L0 Explorer : 300$
L1 Piri Reis : 350$
L2 Ferdinardo Magellano: 400$
L3 Darwin: 450$
L4 Vasco de Gama : 500$
L5 Amerigo Vespucci : 550$
L6-Sacagawea : 600$
L7- Meriwether Lewis : 650$
L8- William Clark : 700$ + 15 Speed
L9- Christopher Colombus : 750$ + 20 God
L10- Neil Armstrong : 800$ + 25 Heroin
(each checkpoint may teach you something.. and give you cash )

If you guys know something better for names, feel free to post it. (:

-The short description on each checkpoint will allow you to learn things about the past of the game and about the Real Life, as almost everyone knows, SA locations are real locations and perhaps it will teach something to the players.

-The checkpoints aren't finished yet, that's just a prototype that I am using to show you, so you will have an idea about the job.

Edit:
More Details about the job:
You have to get inside the marker and once you will be inside, a little window will appear- that window will teach you something about the place that you are photographing.

« Last Edit: 08 12, 2012, 10:53:23 pm by Nico »

Offline Kavzor

• The Viking
  • Honorable
  • aka IKEA Employee
Re: Explorer job
« Reply #1 on: 27 11, 2012, 09:00:16 pm »
Yeah, this job could be a great addition to the server and also put some history in it which will make the whole thing a bit funnier if you need any help with the description or whatever then feel free to send me a Pm
regards,
Kavzor
“Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.”  -- Jack Sparrow

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #2 on: 28 11, 2012, 05:10:39 pm »
It seems like a little thing, but as they say, the little things are what matter. A job like this would help people see more than just criminal vs cop.

mahdi jemaa

« Reply #3 on: 28 11, 2012, 06:35:18 pm »
I think its great  idea
it will teach ppls about new places in SA and some RP
+1 from me ;)

fo_ruM

« Reply #4 on: 28 11, 2012, 07:04:34 pm »
Amazing idea..

I looking forward for that history of those places. This will me good. Also whole idea is nice.

But Im afraid in LV it wont be safety to do that  ;)

Anyway +1 and another BIG PLUS for that history. It would be interesting.

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 29 11, 2012, 05:08:50 am »
take your camera and take a pic of different checkpoints placed around San Andreas

Isn't that like / a little bit similar to photographer job, but instead of people, it's places we're taking photos of? The name doesn't matter, I was just curious.

I'm not sure how many locations there will be, if there are 5 levels ( for now ) and you need to take x ammount of photos per location / place, will there be enough places to level up?

1 photo of 1 location = 1 location photographed
10 photos of 1 location ( multiple subjects in that location ) = 1 location photographed

So for level 1 we need x ammount of locations photographed or x ammount of photos taken?

Worry:
Show content
If there's going to be levels, we will need many many many places to photograph won't we? To reacj x level? Also, what happens when we run out of places to photograph?
These are just questions / doubts of mine ... as for the suggestion, yes, the more the merrier, also adds variety.

+1
« Last Edit: 29 11, 2012, 05:12:04 am by Rabbid Rabbit »
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

psyKapa

« Reply #6 on: 29 11, 2012, 06:47:05 am »
One more great job suggestion from you, just one question, will there be some kind of "X in a row" bonus?

wesselmenke

« Reply #7 on: 29 11, 2012, 07:55:39 am »
Nice idea nico I thing job should be usefull because poeple don't now every place in sa and this is how they explore more place's in SA +1 from me

Offline Rover

• Outstanding Community Member
« Reply #8 on: 02 12, 2012, 08:57:56 am »
Yes, it's nice to have a new job.
Now more civilians will come to the empty places in SA.
and it's funny to play new jobs of course.
I support your idea.
You guys will be remembered.

Rover added as Trial Staff. (28.12.2015 Brian)

Soap99

« Reply #9 on: 02 12, 2012, 12:02:01 pm »
Yeah big +1 from me ;). But maybe incrase the payment, so this job will not usseles.

SpecialK

« Reply #10 on: 02 12, 2012, 07:12:23 pm »
yea yea great idea +1 woooohoooo

I got some ideas for ranks

L0- Charles Darwin
L1- Sacagawea
L2- Meriwether Lewis
L3- William Clark
L4- Christopher Colombus
L5- Neil Armstrong

I will probably think of more later, if so I will add another set or two

GamerFTW

« Reply #11 on: 02 12, 2012, 07:17:08 pm »
That's a nice suggestion "Nico"That will be a nice job and maybe all will work this job....My promblem is you add only one location around San Andreas..If you want add and a new location at SF....

Eduard

« Reply #12 on: 02 12, 2012, 08:58:19 pm »
I agree with you about that history , that will make the server more realistic

Offline Nolo

• Senior Community Member
  • Ingame: Nolo
« Reply #13 on: 03 12, 2012, 01:59:38 am »
I suggest to add another "spot-to-see" at what Barbara's house is on the single player mode.

As for the idea itself, it's pretty well-developed and I like it. This will help implement more variety of CITizens around all SA.

Great Idea.
"Even great men take the slightest opportunities to make themselves even better"

Offline Zach

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: 03 12, 2012, 07:24:39 am »
Should make it like the police detective job like you see the marker but you have to go around the area looking for clues.
I miss nr7