Author Topic: [Resolved] Secret Deaths  (Read 5533 times)

commandos

Re: Secret Kills and Deaths
« Reply #15 on: 08 12, 2012, 10:42:48 am »
I was going to ask question about this why KDR is SECRET while kills and deaths still known , but I think it should make deaths secret only not kills , disabling kills  'll make people judge on players with their play hours(check gangs applications u 'll see that they Raised the wanted hours to join )  and more playtime does not mean player is Pro ! :\
« Last Edit: 08 12, 2012, 12:42:50 pm by MaK-C »

Krzyza

« Reply #16 on: 08 12, 2012, 06:18:50 pm »
You all do not understand, KDR was disabled to stop with "Random killers" (who wanna just improve his kills killing all guys in LV), but the kills and deaths are not SECRET, with this, KDR secret is useless.

Krzyza

« Reply #17 on: 08 12, 2012, 06:27:31 pm »
You don't understand. Why should we stop the random killers in LV? LOL. LV should be chaos not a chill city. Stay in LS if you want to avoid being killed. EASY
Well, you know why KDR is SECRET?

Btw, I agree with the KDR secret.

Krzyza

« Reply #18 on: 08 12, 2012, 06:35:14 pm »
So?  IF THE KDR IS SECRET WE SHOULD MAKE ALL THE THINGS SECRET? Lol. What's the point in having them if they're secret? This suggestion is just dumb and is accepted by the guys with WEAK  stats.
You know my stats, KDR 2.30 and some more stuff, but keep it a secret would end with "RANDOM KILLERS" like I said, if you do not know the reason why KDR is disabled do not post here anymore.
Edit:
No more worrying about KDR, we've disabled it in QCK and public stats!
But yet we know KDR of all player, as I said, just divide the Kills by Deaths and BOOM = KDR.
If you still do not understand, your problem is.
« Last Edit: 08 12, 2012, 06:38:30 pm by Krzyza »

Offline Zach

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #19 on: 08 12, 2012, 06:50:48 pm »
Why don't we disable arrest points and arrests to stop arrest-point farming.

Please, just no.
I miss nr7

Krzyza

« Reply #20 on: 08 12, 2012, 07:04:21 pm »
Why don't we disable arrest points and arrests to stop arrest-point farming.

Please, just no.
KDR is already SECRET for a reason, Kills and Deaths should be SECRET for this same reason.

This is easy to understand, I'll not reply more questions like this

Offline Zach

« Reply #21 on: 08 12, 2012, 07:08:10 pm »
KDR is already SECRET for a reason, Kills and Deaths should be SECRET for this same reason.

This is easy to understand, I'll not reply more questions like this

Actually, mine was referring to the similarities between arrest points and kdr.
If this get's disabled, why not disable apar or arrest-points, cause that's how stupid this sounds.
I miss nr7

Quad

« Reply #22 on: 08 12, 2012, 10:03:13 pm »
Just like SpecialK said, making the deaths secret could help.

Srbinsegal

« Reply #23 on: 08 12, 2012, 11:41:51 pm »
Everyone likes to see how much ppl he killed :) But Krzyza is right, kdr is just kills/deaths. Better solution is to just hide deaths too.

Krzyza

« Reply #24 on: 09 12, 2012, 12:02:21 am »
Sure, this was changed to just hide deaths.

G.Recon

Re: Secret Deaths
« Reply #25 on: 09 12, 2012, 05:22:46 am »
I reckon they should just disable deaths as well... some people like to brag how much kills they have... So they should keep the number of kills. The deaths are usually ignored, and we usually care about it at all. We use /kill all the time and every /kill counts as 1 death. So if people keep on doing that, then they are basically ruining their KDRs. They probably didn't put the kills and deaths a secret because it would probably help official gangs(HoBoS, Camorra, NorthSideMafia) find out the player's KDR (if they haven't changed their application formats).

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Law Representative
« Reply #26 on: 09 12, 2012, 07:16:44 am »
Hello ladies and gentlemen
I'm back ^^
Well, I have a suggestion.
Today when I logged on the server, I realized that our KDR is secret now, so I asked myself:
-Why?
Then a staff told me that it would be to avoid concerns about KDR, and then I thought that was a good idea, we will not see many more Random Killers.
But then I saw that the number of deaths and kills, is not secret, ie, the change was pointless because you simply divide the number of Kills by the number of deaths, and you will know the KDR of another player.
So my suggestion is to let the number of deaths must be secret too.

Regards

Edited to hide just Deaths
/discuss
Yes it is really good for all of us because We can really find our KDR by dividing kill/deaths to find our KDR and it will really not decrease the random killings and the good gangs will also say simply
Kills must be more than deaths
and in that case the players will not stop random killing and will increase their kills
SO same suggestion from  me that Deaths must be SECRET also and will really decrease the random killings.
Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

Offline Ryan.

• Honorable
  • Skillers™
« Reply #27 on: 09 12, 2012, 07:28:33 am »
Thanx for this because I was thinking same thing and was about to suggest and got here and saw it...
Bcz it is just simple to get KDR with KILLS and DEATHS and I was also in Ex_TcR's openion and wanna say that:-
Yes it is really good for all of us because We can really find our KDR by dividing kill/deaths to find our KDR and it will really not decrease the random killings and the good gangs will also say simply
Kills must be more than deaths
and in that case the players will not stop random killing and will increase their kills
SO same suggestion from  me that Deaths must be SECRET also and will really decrease the random killings.
yes it will decrease the random killings inside LV.Yes and admins can simply add some other stuff to replace this like Turfs Taken/Defent ratio to because it will be helpful in gangs requirements.
Regard's
I am not "Ex." anything, I have proudly served this community as: SK Founder,
 Developer, L3 staff, L2 staff, Supporter, Minister of Fairness, PAM, CB, PC, SO, Senior Community Member and of course, a rule abiding player. Peace.

G.Recon

« Reply #28 on: 09 12, 2012, 10:13:46 am »
No... more like turfs taken/turfs lost ratio. It just shows how good you are at defending turfs.

Offline Diesel

• Things change
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5thStreetSaints
  • Ingame: DZL
« Reply #29 on: 09 12, 2012, 10:18:32 am »
Either bring back KDR or remove everything related to it. Having a secret ratio is just useless and annoying when you can calculate it anyways.
I once got jailed for deathmatching with nades at All Saints Hospital