Author Topic: Locked over 60 guides, reasons of being locked - Request to unlock your guide  (Read 5971 times)

Offline Clinkz

• The Bone Fletcher
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: LogiC

Well, today (21.11.2017) I've been added as a moderator here so from now on, nobody will mention any admin to handle rule breaking topics in any of the four subboards since they've much to do. I started to check every guide and I found a lot of things I've to do, I've locked 68 guides and reasons were many, so instead of replying and spamming boards (or like people call it; farming), I've made a list which contains every reason of why guides were locked. I also made a simple format so you can make a 'report' against me if you think I locked your guide unfairly. I'm ready to answer every topic OP that I locked (Please don't report guides that you don't own) and of course, I won't hesitate to unlock your guide if I unfairly locked it.

-- People were asking me what does Topic OP means: Topic starter; Topic creator.

Reasons of locking guides:
- Copied, duplicated guides, that means I only kept the best (which contains more 'up-to-date' information) or the newest guide.
- Topic OP is banned.
- Topic OP is inactive for over 7 months.
- Outdated guide. Been outdated for a long time and OP forgot to check his/her guide. Community members asked OP to update his/her guide since a long time but (s)he didn't.
- Guides which only contains a bad quality video.
- Non-English guides. Should be on country boards instead of here as it'll only help that language country-mates.
- Useless / off / ugly guides that nobody will bother to read.
- Guides which are related to something that can be posted in somewhere else. (eg: HTML/PHP and such studies should be in Education board).

Request to unlock your guide:
Do you think I unfairly locked your guide? Please fill this format in a reply.

Code: [Select]
[b]In which board is your guide:[/b]
[b]Your guide URL:[/b]
[b]Explain how it is unfair:[/b]
« Last Edit: 22 11, 2017, 11:01:17 am by Clinkz »

Offline MakO

• Senior Community Member
  • Arabic in-game translator.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
  • Ingame: MakO
What kind of rules are these? All guides must be kept open even if the OP is muted or banned this have nothing to do with the guide if the guideline is pretty well I shouldn't be removed as same for being inactive for 7 months.

Offline Clinkz

• The Bone Fletcher
What kind of rules are these? All guides must be kept open even if the OP is muted or banned this have nothing to do with the guide if the guideline is pretty well

Well, I didn't lock muted OP guide. And being banned means the guide won't be up-to-date. Hope you understand.

I shouldn't be removed as same for being inactive for 7 months.
What are you trying to say?...

Offline MakO

• Senior Community Member
  • Arabic in-game translator.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
  • Ingame: MakO
IT* Typo error mind me please. you can only lock the guide when its out dated it don't depend on the state of the OP I know if he is banned he cant update it BUT if the guide is fully dated and he is banned should it be locked?

Offline Clinkz

• The Bone Fletcher
IT* Typo error mind me please. you can only lock the guide when its out dated it don't depend on the state of the OP I know if he is banned he cant update it BUT if the guide is fully dated and he is banned should it be locked?

Will do. But make sure it doesn't contain any of the stated reasons above.

Offline Safi

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Fight For Honor
  • Ingame: Safi
In which board is your guide: General Guide
Your guide URL: https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=253684.0
Explain how it is unfair: I don't think I've violated any board rules, so explain me you why it was locked?! 

Ex. In-game Italian Translator
Ex. In-game Guider
Ex. Criminal Boss
Ex. Criminal Group Level Manager
Current Fight For Honor HeadBoss

Offline Clinkz

• The Bone Fletcher
In which board is your guide: General Guide
Your guide URL: https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=253684.0
Explain how it is unfair: I don't think I've violated any board rules, so explain me you why it was locked?!

- Copied, duplicated guides, that means I only kept the best (which contains more 'up-to-date' information) or the newest guide.

Contra made a guide about Apartments on 30 03, 2015
Your guide was on 25 09, 2016

Why didn't you asked him to update his guide instead of creating a new one?

Anyway, I'm unlocking your guide since yours is about building and Contra's is about renting. I will keep an eye on which guide is the best so I either merge his guide with yours or vice versa.

Offline Safi

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Fight For Honor
  • Ingame: Safi
Anyway, I'm unlocking your guide since yours is about building and Contra's is about renting. I will keep an eye on which guide is the best so I either merge his guide with yours or vice versa.
No need to merge our guides, because our guides talks about two different things, Renting is renting and building is building.

Ex. In-game Italian Translator
Ex. In-game Guider
Ex. Criminal Boss
Ex. Criminal Group Level Manager
Current Fight For Honor HeadBoss