Author Topic: Adding a new server duty "LV Map Editor"  (Read 5985 times)

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
Adding a new server duty "LV Map Editor"
« on: 23 12, 2021, 09:01:02 pm »
As the title says, adding a duty that will be responsible for map editing in LV as nobody wants to work on it from current map editors, so I decided to open a suggestion that creates a whole new duty called "LV Map editor". If administrators can help us by making a forum board for LV map updates so we can save effort in Land development board filtering between normal requests and LV requests so it can be in front of everyone and I can give a monthly report about updates after filtering useless/useful suggestions without spam.

How the changes will be made? by LV players voting on changes, suggestions then LV map editors will start working on them

Current plans? Adding new objects on dead/unplayed such as empty turfs so players will have options to play in many turfs not only 5-6 turfs KACC, North HBL, etc, and re-mapping old sea turfs.

How map editors will be chosen? Team leader probably will be me, I will choose mature/trustworthy players that will make their work in a perfect way that will satisfy the rest of the LV players.

Extra information after mapping and finishing everything LV map editors can ask current map editors to just make a final check/test if there are any typos.
« Last Edit: 23 12, 2021, 09:19:30 pm by daddy »

xCoders: Daddy, Mark-Jr, Jason, GoldNugget, Rellic, Syfear, Achref, Kikers.

Offline S7nik

• Virtuality Founder
  • New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Virtuality
  • Squad: Mythic
Re: Adding a new server duty "LV Map Editor"
« Reply #1 on: 23 12, 2021, 09:13:15 pm »
Making a whole duty for responsible players to handle LV things would be a smart move so we can't bother non LV players with our issues, because they have many things to do. supporting this

Offline Private

• Translator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Vexatious
  • Ingame: Private
  • Squad: Aces/uncrowned
« Reply #2 on: 23 12, 2021, 09:24:07 pm »
As the title says, adding a duty that will be responsible for map editing in LV as nobody wants to work on it from current map editors, so I decided to open a suggestion that creates a whole new duty called "LV Map editor". If administrators can help us by making a forum board for LV map updates so we can save effort in Land development board filtering between normal requests and LV requests so it can be in front of everyone and I can give a monthly report about updates after filtering useless/useful suggestions without spam.

How the changes will be made? by LV players voting on changes, suggestions then LV map editors will start working on them

Current plans? Adding new objects on dead/unplayed such as empty turfs so players will have options to play in many turfs not only 5-6 turfs KACC, North HBL, etc, and re-mapping old sea turfs.

How map editors will be chosen? Team leader probably will be me, I will choose mature/trustworthy players that will make their work in a perfect way that will satisfy the rest of the LV players.

Extra information after mapping and finishing everything LV map editors can ask current map editors to just make a final check/test if there are any typos.

what kind of "map editing" you're talking about? If its about adding some objects just to remove them after a short period of time because people start complaining again for this new change being bad, then this duty is pointless not gonna lie. How can you satisfy the rest of LV is a big question, and will the decision be based only on votes? what if an alliance wants an x object to be added to a y place but its something that's shit, but because they're many in number it seems to be heavily upvoted, then it will be added? that's fucked up more than current LV - Big no  :cros:
« Last Edit: 23 12, 2021, 09:25:38 pm by Private »

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 23 12, 2021, 09:30:08 pm »
what kind of "map editing" you're talking about? If its about adding some objects just to remove them after a short period of time because people start complaining again for this new change being bad, then this duty is pointless not gonna lie. How can you satisfy the rest of LV is a big question, and will the decision be based only on votes? what if an alliance wants an x object to be added to a y place but its something that's shit, but because they're many in number it seems to be heavily upvoted, then it will be added? that's fucked up more than current LV - Big no  :cros:
Map editing like adding new sea turfs or adding objects in land turfs to make it more playable and I don't think it would give an advantage to a specific alliance as you said because turfs will be played by everyone, not just 1 side, having a forum board so everyone is free to state his opinion just like that board so you can agree/disagree like map editor won't let his friends only vote.

Offline Sleuth

• Senior Community Member
  • Dust
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
« Reply #4 on: 23 12, 2021, 09:41:36 pm »
Sounds like a good idea to match those turfs with what players who play in the city actually want, I guess there won't be any unfairness as everything will be visible to the community and chosen by players, bias and such will be obvious. though, the changes mustn't be repetitive and have to be carefully considered before putting them into action to not mess things up.

Offline MaThew~Zika

• Regular Community Member
  • Pacing e leading
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: reliQuias
  • Ingame: XaQy
  • Squad: 🤬🖕
« Reply #5 on: 23 12, 2021, 10:13:20 pm »
Voting positive, this duty is really needed as the current people from the team of mappers, wouldn't understand what LV players wants and what they really need, it's so annoying to go there and ask for things, like they have the power to decide wheter adds or not, also in my way of view it is senseless that players that has no experience in LV would know what we really want, in mapping aspects.

Offline Private

• Translator
  • Group: Vexatious
  • Ingame: Private
  • Squad: Aces/uncrowned
« Reply #6 on: 23 12, 2021, 10:30:57 pm »
Map editing like adding new sea turfs or adding objects in land turfs to make it more playable and I don't think it would give an advantage to a specific alliance as you said because turfs will be played by everyone, not just 1 side, having a forum board so everyone is free to state his opinion just like that board so you can agree/disagree like map editor won't let his friends only vote.

Ok but what if people outside of LV decide about LV's fate how can you prevent that. I think a better solution would be to make a forum topic about permament stuff with voting ability like you guys did with LV binds. Give time so more people respond to it, then the result will (or atleast should) represent the choice of the majority of LV players. Also it's not about new people playing in LV since that is barely happening now, you keep seeing same names in LV for many reasons that aren't necessary to be stated here.
« Last Edit: 23 12, 2021, 10:33:18 pm by Private »

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
« Reply #7 on: 23 12, 2021, 10:35:54 pm »
Ok but what if people outside of LV decide about LV's fate how can you prevent that. I think a better solution would be to make a forum topic about permament stuff with voting ability like you guys did with LV binds. Give time so more people respond to it, then the result will (or atleast should) represent the choice of the majority of LV players. Also it's not about new people playing in LV since that is barely happening now, you keep seeing same names in LV for many reasons that aren't necessary to be stated here.
we won't rush in mapping changes anyways so we will give time to everyone to post his opinion.

Offline zurq

• xc
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xc
  • Ingame: xc
  • Squad: xc
« Reply #8 on: 23 12, 2021, 11:03:40 pm »
This one is visibly worth adding. Well, as you can see. Nowadays, people are blankly always suggesting things such as "adding those objects in the specific turf", etc... Which made the discussion board barely spammed from these suggestions. Likewise, I'd like to say that I am voting positive based on the votes above and what daddy wrote. As he explained it understandably.
Left this game already.

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 23 12, 2021, 11:26:57 pm »
You should at least provide some maps, that aren't 6 random wall objects, before requesting a duty and a "own team" and power and access to change maps. I recall Farhan provided several big maps before receiving a duty like CE map editor.

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
« Reply #10 on: 23 12, 2021, 11:29:08 pm »
You should at least provide some maps, that aren't 6 random wall objects, before requesting a duty and a "own team" and power and access to change maps. I recall Farhan provided several big maps before receiving a duty like CE map editor.
I didn't provide the maps because it is still under review and voting but its okay, pictures will be uploaded in 2 minutes :poggers:

many people offered to help to start mapping but I told them to wait until we see actions from server administrators. Because I don't want people to waste their time asking players and getting feedbacks to revive a turf, then they receive motivation/feedback like "6 random wall objects" here is one of the turfs @DeathWish-X mapped and still voting on it.

https://i.imgur.com/IqIzUEM.png
https://i.imgur.com/H5Ddgs0.png
« Last Edit: 23 12, 2021, 11:41:34 pm by daddy »

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #11 on: 24 12, 2021, 06:24:33 am »
Definitely upvoting as the LV players will be able to create a more fun environment to turf in, and then staffs don't have to use the statement "we don't have the time to re-do changes" because I'm sure a good LV map editor won't have a problem dedicating a few minutes to add, remove, or revert any changes. This is definitely an interesting idea, lets see how it plays out.
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • State Official
  • To the moon!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
« Reply #12 on: 24 12, 2021, 02:31:27 pm »
Not thank you, another "war" incoming.  :knife:
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
(LS) Devon5656(CG)(SD): You are a legend coke

Offline MaThew~Zika

• Regular Community Member
  • Pacing e leading
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: reliQuias
  • Ingame: XaQy
  • Squad: 🤬🖕
« Reply #13 on: 24 12, 2021, 03:57:29 pm »
Not thank you, another "war" incoming.  :knife:
War is what is already happening, people ain't comfortable with current things.

Also I don't really think your opinnion would be take into consideration as you are not an LV player, imagine if I pick a LV player and ask him how to fix LS, this is senseless in my way of view.

So LS players maybe shouldn't opine here.

Offline Wangrant

• Group: MaxWrist
  • Ingame: Wangrant
« Reply #14 on: 24 12, 2021, 04:48:47 pm »
Focusing on LV map updates will be a great beginning to make it more active Positive.[/b]