Author Topic: Staff Updates, Mass Unbans and a Teaser  (Read 32014 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Staff Updates, Mass Unbans and a Teaser
« on: 30 11, 2013, 11:32:24 pm »
It's been quite a week on CIT, we've gone through our last developer, JTPenn who resigned yesterday night. That's about 10 developers we've gone through in 3 years. I don't think there will be any more, I can't imagine anyone else reaching the scripting competency bar and to be honest I don't want any more. After 10 developers I've come to the conclusion that they usually don't do enough or do useful scripts for them to be worth it. Although that won't make sense to any of you, a lot of work is required by me, for those developers to function as I have to spend a lot of time giving feedback, fixing other peoples bugs and exploits, etc etc and in that time I could have just done the stuff myself. This isn't directed at JTPenn though (except a few exploits), he's done an absolute ton and was definitely worth it.

The second significant staff update took place today. A new duty has been created called the Account Recovery Manager proposed by Cherry who is now a manager along with Jamie. This new role comes with log access to check your claim and the ability to change your account password in the event that you lose access to it. See this topic for more info: http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=104185.0

A while ago there was a survey done ingame asking a variety of questions and one of these questions was about lifting every single ban which is obviously ridiculous as over the past 3 years some absolute scum bags have been banned but 51% of players voted yes. Most of these players are probably voting yes for 'the lulz' or because they know somebody whose banned. Obviously we're not going to take that 51% seriously but they did have a point. A lot of bans aren't a big deal and could easily be lifted without an immediate barrage of evil landing on the server. So I lifted over 2000 permanent bans today most of which were for flaming staff and impersonating staff even the 40+ players who used the name [CIT]Arran. Most of them probably won't ever rejoin and if they did hopefully they've grown up since then and if they haven't it'll only take 5 seconds to ban them again, so no big deal.

And finally, there's something I only imagined scripting but in the past few days I've been working on it and it's going to be by the far the largest ever script added to CIT and is going to be the most engaging and interactive script ever made but I don't want to spoil the surprise but honestly, the potential of this idea is so huge that I don't even know where it will go myself. I'll just post a little picture and let you all make theories up about what it could be:

Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

SmokeMonSta

Re: Staff Updates, Mass Unbans and a Teaser
« Reply #1 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:40:10 pm »
kinda looks like a waiting room or an office... is it a Court?!?

Offline Hiso

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Freshy/overhaul
« Reply #2 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:42:30 pm »
Are we going to be able to buy objects for our houses  ? Interresting speach,did you really unbann the ones who insulted you and the server ? (Us)
« Last Edit: 30 11, 2013, 11:47:35 pm by #Freshy »
~ Pray for The Dead ~

Offline IronPanda

• Sometimes it do but it dont -Mr Miyagi
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: IronPanda
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
« Reply #3 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:42:47 pm »
I think its a court actually... but the waiting room in this case xD

San Andreas Police Department
Country Supporter
Spanish Board Moderator
Added IronMan as TRL ( 18June12, Chique )

moreno9

« Reply #4 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:43:09 pm »
I think this script will allow us to put some furniture and some objects in our houses. Good luck with that Arran.
« Last Edit: 30 11, 2013, 11:45:23 pm by -Noble- »

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
« Reply #5 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:43:22 pm »
We'll miss him ( JTPenn ) in the staff chat, aswell. I think you're right about the survay, it's for the lulz, but also, eventually people who are banned indef, get unbanned after we see some change or another in the person appealing. Not always, but mostly unbanned.

So even though I worried about all these unbans, I suppose we should hope for the best and that they've matured and show some gratituted for their new ... life I guess, I guess some people will be happy, others .. well we'll see how it goes.

I've been working on it and it's going to be by the far the largest ever script added to CIT and is going to be the most engaging and interactive script ever made

Already excited, :3

I can only imagine, I don't know how it'll be or what it'll be like, I suppose that's why it's so exciting, it's an unknown, but a fun one at that. Happy Cherry is moving along well, she's doing a great job too, as we all try to.

I look forward to the future, my biggest wish tho is for you and all the staff to be happy, and I guess, for players to show a bit more appreciation and respect, perspective aswell, I feel some need that too.

Reminds me of the SMU, or however it was called, I believe this'll be really good, can't wait!
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline Hiso

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Freshy/overhaul
« Reply #6 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:45:15 pm »
Why do we need a court in CIT ?
« Last Edit: 30 11, 2013, 11:49:58 pm by #Freshy »
~ Pray for The Dead ~

Offline Tesla

• Senior Community Member
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S. Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: Tesla
« Reply #7 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:48:48 pm »
That pic looks like The Sims in MTA.

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
« Reply #8 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:50:02 pm »
A court is where people go and see a judge and the say '' guilty / not guilty '' ... actually, read this [ I suck at explaining, especially now it's late ];

3. Law
a. A person or body of persons whose task is to hear and submit a decision on cases at law.
b. The building, hall, or room in which such cases are heard and determined.
c. The regular session of a judicial assembly.
d. A similar authorized tribunal having military or ecclesiastical jurisdiction.

Also more to the point, we don't know if it's a court, lol.
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #9 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:51:28 pm »
Omg, how does it look like a court!?!?!?

This is a little more on track:

That pic looks like The Sims in MTA.

Notice how those walls or floors don't exist in GTA.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline LilDolla

• Ingame: LilDolla
« Reply #10 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:53:39 pm »

That looks amazing. my guess is that it is apartments. Reason I say that is because Arran said that he doesn't know where it will go. So when he said that it makes me think like 'What will be in a apartment?', 'What will the player be able to do'. Thats my guess, could by right, could be wrong.
Ex USNS - GST
Ex KLM - Elite Citizen

SmokeMonSta

« Reply #11 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:54:00 pm »
this is way out there but, could this be importing objects from GTA vice city? :O

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: Cherry|ILC
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #12 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:56:27 pm »
I came for the free posts #CherryWants1337

Starts with bad and ends with good. ;C not sure how to feel

moreno9

« Reply #13 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:56:47 pm »
Omg, how does it look like a court!?!?!?

This is a little more on track:

Notice how those walls or floors don't exist in GTA.

So will we have pets like in The Sims? xD It would be great  if we could have some furniture for our house and such. I see good times coming for CIT.

Offline LilDolla

• Ingame: LilDolla
« Reply #14 on: 30 11, 2013, 11:57:25 pm »
this is way out there but, could this be importing objects from GTA vice city? :O

Thats quite possible to, but I don't see CIT doing that yet as there are tons of objects in those games also. But I might be wrong.
Ex USNS - GST
Ex KLM - Elite Citizen