Author Topic: Bring back /taunts  (Read 1615 times)

moreno9

Bring back /taunts
« on: 25 01, 2014, 12:30:11 pm »
For old CIT members at least the ones who were in an official law group I am sure you remember an old command we used to have, /taunts.

With this command we could give "orders" or just use it for RP purposes in which we could hear a voice saying: "Roger that", "Affirmative", "Negative", "Go Go Go" and some other things.
Yeah maybe some guys could use it for the sake to troll but I want to suggest an addition to this suggestion. We would have a command in "X panel" to enable/disable taunts. So if you simply don't want to listen the taunts, we could disabled it from /settings.

EDIT: Like in the past, only semi-official and official law groups should be able to use it.

SO it should be scripted to play locally only, like a range of 30m.
« Last Edit: 25 01, 2014, 02:00:56 pm by Noble. »

jtgsuomi

Re: Bring back /taunts
« Reply #1 on: 25 01, 2014, 12:35:09 pm »
If I remember correctly, the whole server was able to hear them, so that was, well a bit annoying? Why was this suggestion posted twice?

beerman123

« Reply #2 on: 25 01, 2014, 01:24:55 pm »

moreno9

« Reply #3 on: 25 01, 2014, 02:00:07 pm »
If I remember correctly, the whole server was able to hear them, so that was, well a bit annoying? Why was this suggestion posted twice?

I think only official law groups could hear it. Anyways it can be annoying, that's why I've suggested to add a command in /settings to disable or enable the /taunts.

You're right. I've added this.

Offline Bl3nd

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 25 01, 2014, 02:02:49 pm »
Yes, I remember having the /taunts. It was useful as we were using it in RP trainings or even tactical missions. I say make it only for LAW to hear it, and of course like Noble said, you can disable them from settings.

And oh, if this suggestion was added, please, remove the screaming ( can't remember the actual name ) taunt as it was annoying and trollish, if I may say.
Rolling swishers hittin' swishes

Offline Master.

• The Temper
  • Honorable
  • Patience ☯
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Master
  • Squad: CSA
« Reply #5 on: 25 01, 2014, 02:34:38 pm »
And oh, if this suggestion was added, please, remove the screaming ( can't remember the actual name ) taunt as it was annoying and trollish, if I may say.
Lol, yeah, I remember that I was also using/trolling my team mates sometimes with it, before.

This feature was added in 2012 as far as I remember and was very usefull for any law trainings, official law members were able to use it by doing /taunts. Instead of using codes, they were just using those taunts. 30 meters away in the local chat is great and also only cops must hear it. I really liked those taunts in the past, fixing any problems, issues with it and adding back would be great.
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time...