Author Topic: Criminal Boss Riot Blips/Markers  (Read 1135 times)

Offline MaXenon

• The Dragonborn
  • Senior Community Member
  • Creator of the Gangsta Nation
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FFH
  • Ingame: MaXenon
Criminal Boss Riot Blips/Markers
« on: 16 03, 2015, 06:56:59 pm »
Hello Citizens!
I came here with another suggestion today.
I was about suggest this about 1 month ago but I saw a guy named as Music already suggested. I upvoted it and suggestion got about 40 upvotes but arran removed the topic and warned everyone who posted there(new board rules say that). he did not give enough information. Well, I worked a while to scripting it, added every single details and came here, suggesting it back.

Well, you know about law blips, it will be something similar.
CriminalBosses will use "/riot" and when they type it, a blip will appear on map. Blip 41=
a notification text will appear on criminals' screen, "<NameOfTheCB> has placed a riot blip to <locationOfBlip/CB>"
and no, there will not be a reason like law blips, PCs use reason as location afaik. this script will tell you place of riot automatically.
for example: "[FFH]MaXenon'GN has placed a riot blip to LS-Playa del seville" (if the player don't know where is LS-playa del seville(next to FFH Hood) is, it will not be that big deal in my opinion, blip will appear on map and CBs can tell in team chat to location of riot.)

and if another CB try to place a blip while there is already a riot/blip in progress, this text will appear "There is already a riot in progress! Thus, you can not place a new riot blip! use /riotdel to remove the current one"

the riot will be removed with another command, "/riotdel"

I did not finish the script yet, I didn't post it here, exactly I finished but I'm working on another feature at the moment,
"/getriot" command, it will show you if there is a riot going on atm or not, if there is, it will show you information of hoster and place of the riot.
also working on that text which will appear when another CrimBoss try to place a riot blip.

why am I suggesting this?
it is really needed for we criminal bosses, we are being have to call criminals every 5 mins while we are hosting something. a lot of criminals asking if there is a riot or not, they will not ask for it from now. let me show you a line I faced in this week:
RandomRiotHoster: Criminals, move to criminal villa we are going to start a riot there!
.. he repeat it again...
Arran: STOP SAYING THAT

it is enough reason to add it in my opinion?
I will edit the main post and add script here after I finish my work. I think topic will not be closed until I finish my work, even if it become closed, I can send Arran a forum PM.

Current situation of the Script:
Show content
-/getriot did not scripted yet
-notification which appear when another cb try to place a blip while there is another activity is not scripted yet
-not tested yet.
-others are done.
Code: [Select]
function creblip ( playerSource )   
        deleteblip() -- delete blip if its exits
        local x, y, z = getElementPosition( playerSource ) -- get player location.
        local location = getZoneName ( x, y, z ) -- get location name.
        local blip = createBlip( x, y, z, 41) -- Create the blip
        local pname = getPlayerName(playerSource) -- playername
        setElementVisibleTo ( blip, root, true ) -- set the blip Visible to everyone.
        setBlipVisibleDistance(blip, 1000) -- set blip Distance
        outputChatBox (pname .. " has placed a riot blip to: " .. location ) -- Output msg to all players       
end

function deleteblip ()
        blips = getElementsByType ( "blip" )
        for blipKey, blipValue in ipairs(blips) do
blipIcon = getBlipIcon ( blipValue )
        for I in string.gfind(blipIcon, "41") do
              if blipIcon == 41 then
                destroyElement( blipValue )
           end
         end 
    end

end

addCommandHandler( "riot", creblip ) -- create riot blip
addCommandHandler( "riotdel", deleteblip ) -- remove blip

feel free to discuss
« Last Edit: 16 03, 2015, 11:45:09 pm by MaXenon »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: Criminal Boss Riot Blips/Markers
« Reply #1 on: 17 03, 2015, 04:11:30 pm »
Added.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.